Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

God bless Chicago AAU bullshit.

Yeah, Horton-Tucker quit playing for the AAU team Ayo Dosunmu plays for and the two never got along or something, and Horton-Tucker played for a different AAU team. Ayo committed, AAU coach Mike Irvin didn't want Horton-Tucker at Illinois, Horton-Tucker did his official visit 2-3 days after Ayo committed, then Mike Irvin told Illinois if they took Horton-Tucker he'd have Ayo go to Wake and they'd never get someone from Mac Irvin Fire again. Not like we were getting great players from Mac Irvin Fire to begin with, Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Wayne Blackshear, Cliff Alexander all went somewhere else. I'm not holding my breath for any top tier recruits from that AAU program coming to Illinois either, especially if there's interest from Kansas, UNC, Duke, or Kentucky. During the official visit and after Horton-Tucker really liked the school and wanted to commit. Apparently Illinois pulled his offer this morning, the day he was doing his announcement. Really lovely.

I guess we'll see in a year or two if this gamble pays off, but it's Illinois, so I'm expecting a lot of "I really liked Illinois, but in the end, my heart was with school %blueblood%"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wonder if Cliff Alexander's career takes the sting out of losing him for Illinois fans.

Somewhere Cliff is weeping in his red truck before it gets repossessed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I forgot Cliff Alexander existed.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Probably Magic posted:

I forgot Cliff Alexander existed.

He didn't even manage to get a 2-way g-league contract from the Pels this summer.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NCAA refused to overturn Braxton Beverly’s suspension on appeal. Don’t go to class, kids.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Former KU player Carlton Bragg (the guy accused of hitting a girl until video showed him getting hit and then later caught up in that investigation where an unused drug pipe was found in his room) has left ASU.

Rumor is he's in rehab for a pill addiction. He's awesome.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy declared ineligible by Auburn, as expected.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
November 11 is too far away.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kiimo posted:

Former KU player Carlton Bragg (the guy accused of hitting a girl until video showed him getting hit and then later caught up in that investigation where an unused drug pipe was found in his room) has left ASU.

Rumor is he's in rehab for a pill addiction. He's awesome.

I had really high hopes for that guy, thought he had Thomas Robinson-level potential. poo poo. Hope he can get his crap together for his own sake.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/garyparrishcbs/status/926229574962372608
Meanwhile NC State picked up Saddiq Bey, who was a Miami lock before the investigation there. Keatts doing very solid work so far.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy declared ineligible by Auburn, as expected.

Auburn lost an exhibition to D2 Barry tonight.

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 3, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU won both its exhibitions, tonight against UCSD and Tuesday in a closed door game against USC, scoring 98 points in both games.

I don't know what to think about a SDSU offense that isn't horrific

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the Florida Gators

Will win the sec this year

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc3uzFEP7Sw

Goin' Buc-Wild for Bucky!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU beat the poo poo out of Albany in it's open exhibition, lost last night to Purdue 89-77 in a closed scrimmage. We're also down Esa Ahmad, who is ineligible for the first half of the season due to not going to class, apparently.

We open Friday in Germany vs Aggies.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Well this can't be good https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/927997664750460928

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

loving lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's a good plan. Let's steal. In China.

There's like no chance we could be China's version of Otto Warmbier.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Georgia Tech is looking increasingly hosed as well, Pastner’s bagman tossed his toys out of the crib after not getting a birthday card.

elentar fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 7, 2017

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

Georgia Tech is looking increasingly hosed as well, Pastner’s bagman tossed his toys out of the crib after not getting a birthday card.

Bell didn't even have to be a bagman for Jackson. He was recruited when Brian Gregory was there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/nathanfenno/status/928060554249256960

Welp

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

That story is so dumb and they should if anything give GT an extra scholarship as a gently caress you to that dumb baby

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
So he reported Pastner because of, among other things, Arizona getting in trouble? Does he not realize how bad that it makes Arizona look because of how tightly connected Miller and Pastner (and Arizona) are?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kiimo posted:

Here's a good plan. Let's steal. In China.

There's like no chance we could be China's version of Otto Warmbier.

jfc how loving stupid do you have to be to pull this kinda poo poo.

Trump is en route to China right now, coincidentally.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

jfc how loving stupid do you have to be to pull this kinda poo poo.
Unless there's a diplomatic intervention they're all looking at 3-10 years in a Chinese prison.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Trump will praise the Chinese for being tough on crime, they'll get 6-20 years instead, and it will be a new age of peaceful USA/China relations

noble sacrifice

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Crazy Ted posted:

Unless there's a diplomatic intervention they're all looking at 3-10 years in a Chinese prison.

"diplomatic" = UCLA pays out the rear end

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
They'll just make them sign a play for free contract with some Chinese teams.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
This was a fun little read: https://twitter.com/SBN_Ricky/status/927982437279457280

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess they stole sunglasses and are not currently sitting in a jail cell anymore so that's something.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

On phone, only really seen responses not the original piece but ESPN is claiming Pearl is not cooperating with Auburn and his job is in jeopardy. loving career suicide so if true he has to be covering some deep dark poo poo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I believe in The Jelly.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Season’s off and running. Sure, it’s Eastern Michigan vs. something called Spring Arbor College, but still basketball’s back, baby.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sounds like Kansas will get a 6'9 5* power forward in about a month. They badly need the depth in the post.

https://twitter.com/themattgalloway/status/928850785068376064

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Nic Baer broke a finger and is probably out until at least the start of conference play which sucks both because he’s one of the three best players on the team and because he’s one of like theee possible wings on the roster. Right now they’re talking about starting Ahmad Wagner at small forward and he’s barely skilled enough to play power forward.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

elentar posted:

Season’s off and running. Sure, it’s Eastern Michigan vs. something called Spring Arbor College, but still basketball’s back, baby.

Hell yeah! 12th ranked UC Bearcats were in action today!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Tulsa kicked off year 4 of Frank Haith's tenure with a home loss to Lamar. Can't wait for Haith to get fired and then find out next year how much probation the school will get for whatever rules he's broken in the course of doing jack poo poo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Cyclones open at Mizzou. I think the non-con schedule is going to be rough, lots of young and new guys. Mike hope is that they just put it together by the time conference play comes. If they win tonight though, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic for the season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Cyclones open at Mizzou. I think the non-con schedule is going to be rough, lots of young and new guys. Mike hope is that they just put it together by the time conference play comes. If they win tonight though, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic for the season.

Hell, this is the only reason I have any hope for Mizzou.

Someone make a GDT for all of us to whine in. I would but I've sworn off starting them because the last time I did it was that godawful Butler/UConn final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Archie having a great first half at Indiana, surely this will endear him quickly to that sensible fanbase.

• Locked thread