Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
MSU gets the same seed as Wisconsin.

Wisconsin finished ahead of MSU in the regular season, went two rounds further in the tournament, beat Tennessee, Georgetown, Syracuse, Oklahoma, Marquette in non conference vs MSU's Wichita State and no one.

What the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Grittybeard posted:

^^--wasn't Wisconsin an 8? Although no real argument that they don't seem like they should both be on the 8/9 line.

North Carolina/Arkansas could be a really fun game if it happens. It could also easily be a relentless beatdown.

They were, but I would consider the 8/9 to be identical seeds

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Henchman of Santa posted:

They also faded massively late in the season and we beat them fairly solidly. The end of their regular season was disastrous

how about Minnesota getting 3 seeds higher w/ the same circumstances of Wisconsin finishing ahead of them in both regular season and tournament and Minnesota beating no one in non conference

I mean gently caress Wisconsin and all, but if they're judging by the last 10 games of the season only Duke SHOULD be a 1 and Michigan should be the highest seeded team in the Big 10, which would obviously be stupid as hell

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

Actually gently caress northwestern and their poo poo head coach and their insufferable journalist alumni

The guy who on the same day wrote an article about how Michigan "sold their soul" to win with Harbaugh because he ran off a recruit and an article about how amazing Northwestern basketball (with the coach being sued for doing this with an actual scholarship player) is actually owns.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

harbaugh is also a huge shithead though

Sure, biggest rear end in a top hat alive, except for Collins who is obviously worse. So probably not a great article to write

Adun posted:

Say what you will about Northwestern's insufferable journalist alumni but at least they can write in English.

Unlikely, that's why editors exist. I'm sure their forum posts are much lazier.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Martin is a bad coach and he hasn't won anything with two NBA players on the team before, but I'm sure if he brings this one guy to Missouri it will be worth hiring him

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Dan Dakich is a stupid rear end in a top hat, but if watching the Big Ten Network guys doesn't make you realize that he's completely acceptable as an announcer, you're a crazy person

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Underwood is good and it's funny that Illinois will probably hire a better coach than Indiana

also clearly Wisconsin as an 8 and Minnesota as a 5 was brilliant seeding good job Mark Hollis you cretin

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Kim Jong Il posted:

Conference strength still is determined by the mean and not the top of the conference though!

I'm glad you're coming around on Rutgers not being in the Big 10

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Kim Jong Il posted:

I hate you fuckers and want you all to die.

Now you're starting to fit in!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My sources are reporting Steve Alford to Indiana is a DONE DEAL

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I feel like getting hit by someone's boney forearm in the throat would probably temporarily disable most people, but UConn losing is really cool so lol

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Big 10 has so many borderline first round guys, hopefully they all go pro except the Michigan players imo

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Tom Izzo is a dark wizard who somehow continuously gets players to stay 5 years and then go undrafted when they were a 1st round pick after their freshman year

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's usually more like they were a recruit with lottery potential and then they underperform for 2 years and become Extremely College Players.

Except Deyonta Davis who really needed another year of seasoning but left early, went in round 2 and is buried on the Grizzlies bench

Davis was definitely the one guy who really should have listened to Izzo. Maybe that's the trick, guys who absolutely shouldn't go pro do, and those who could do not.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Do these people know Tubby Smith is black?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I just want to look fondly back on years of defending John Beilein's recruiting misses on top targets being based on him being a by the book guy who wouldn't pay players or deal with shady AAU/shoe guys.

Yep, still surely had nothing to do with it. There's zero difference between programs level of dirtiness.

Give Louisville the death penalty already, and kill the Papa John's guy as a bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Trump will praise the Chinese for being tough on crime, they'll get 6-20 years instead, and it will be a new age of peaceful USA/China relations

noble sacrifice

• Locked thread