Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
People loving suck sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Way to go South Carolina.

http://www.postandcourier.com/ap/pr...1673c2c6e5.html

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sports bring out the best in people. Lol

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Gregg Marshall tapping into his inner Butch Jones:

“I don’t know, Paul,” Marshall said when asked if this loss would get his team respect. “How many years do we have to do this to make people respect our program? I don’t know. That’s up to you guys. I mean, I know that we have the heart of a champion. I know these guys, how they work, how hard our staff works, how much time, energy, passion we put into this. This will just be more fuel for us.”

Second time in three years these WSU fuckers have talked poo poo before the UK game and ended up heading back home to that fuckhole called Wichita. Enjoy the off season.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

my dude have you been to frankfort

oh poo poo it's actually in lexington. truly have i owned myself

Kansas sucks. Kentucky might have terrible people hiding in the mountains but at least it's scenic in many places.

Topeka might be worse than Wichita. It also smells terrible there.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Criminal Minded posted:

Topeka and Wichita are indeed garbage hellholes but Lawrence is an oasis in the middle of a racist vanilla desert

Never been to Lawrence, but I work with some KU alums and they speak favorably of their time there.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Regnevelc posted:

the burning crosses really pull it together

I think that's more of a Deep South thing, tbh.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

tadashi posted:

The thing you need to worry about in KY is the KY/TN border. Do not stop there. The reputation is that those towns are lined with people running from the law on one side of the border or the other.

I always pass the Stinking Creek Rd exit.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
You go about it by playing him lots and enjoying the 30 games you get.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
So happy Lavar Ball can gently caress off for the rest of the tournament. UNC UK should be really good.

Also SEC not looking to shabby these days. What the hell

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I was actually hoping for the worst outcome possible for Indiana and this isn't it. gently caress.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
You're pretty terrible in your own right too, but I'd never call you worse than a Duke fan

Re: game tomorrow. For whatever reason, I've not been a huge fan of this team over the half of the season. I think compared to other Calipari teams at Kentucky this was feels different for whatever reason. Kinda annoys me that I can't out my finger on it. I wouldn't be surprised from any outcome ranging between winning a close game to getting beat by 10-15 and never really being in it once UNC got up. Although, I thought they would lose to UCLA again and they proved me wrong.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 26, 2017

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Probably Magic posted:

To be fair, I didn't go to school with Duke fans as a kid, so it's probably sample bias.

Really do think my initial impressions of this year that Kentucky was going to win it are going to pan out, though. Never should've been wowed by Villanova as much as I did as the season went on.

I wish I felt the same. If I were betting on the game, I'd take UNC at the current spread. *shrugs*

Duke fans were terrible growing up and my brother in law is one and it's the loving worst.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

C-Euro posted:

So people are saying this is Gonzaga's first Final Four ever, but I could've sworn that Adam Morrison(? the mustache & mullet guy) played at Gonzaga and that his weird on-court nervous breakdown was in the title game like a decade ago. What am I remembering wrong here?

Everything but him crying.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's probably because it's rare to find a moment that iconic in one of the middle rounds. The Sweet 16 has neither the massive upsets of the opening two rounds or the championship stakes of the Final Four.

Which makes it even better that he laid at mid court and cried.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
If I remember right, it was also one of the first teams Few had that got a lot of national attention for their regular season run.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I just don't know how he does it. Guy like that given such a hard hand to play. Not to mention, UNC has to be one of the hardest places to recruit. Hell, they lack history and famous alums. Arena is pretty lovely, and they play in a bad conference where you never get national attention. But dad gummit with good guys like Roy out there, someone is always fighting the big guys.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Glad coaches are teaching opportunity cost these days

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
"Black people have no morals."

Jesus Christ what the gently caress is wrong with people

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Oh no he might have to settle for a 4* recruit this year.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Didn't one of the sports sites do an article on bagmen a couple of years back?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Steven Godfrey at SB Nation did one on football bagmen.

[quote="“Grittybeard”" post="“476691735”"]
Here’s a link to that in case Dejan would find it interesting.

I didn’t read it again but aside from a few culture changes I’d imagine it’d mostly hold true for big time basketball recruiting.
[/quote]

This is exactly what I was thinking about. Thanks!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
If Louisville self punishes their way out of NCAA action over this just disband the NCAA and let free market college basketball take over.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Good. Hopefully they'll foreclose the entire city too.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Every now and then those state schools can keep the local talent home but it’s not too often. I remember a similar situation when KCP chose UGA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

kiimo posted:

Doesn't Calipari refuse to play Indiana?

Or did that change when Clappy was fired

No home and home but will at neutral court.

• Locked thread