Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Uh, this is your hire Illinois? Well color me underwhelmed.

Edit - not at all who I expected. Unless he keeps Walker on staff I think Tilmon is gone. He needs to keep Tilmon, he's made good connections in St. Louis.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

gvibes posted:

Looks like Orlando Antigua is coming in as an assistant. I like the hire.

e: Jeremiah Tillmon decommited. Don't like that.

Decommitted two days after retweeting his original tweet that he's staying with the U of I. drat.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Mark Smith, Mr. Basketball from Illinois, committed to Illinois.

Nice to get a guy to pick Illinois over MSU.

Edit - and Kentucky too, but I don't know if he was seriously considering them.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 27, 2017

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Jalen Coleman-Lands is transferring from Illinois.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I mean....I want to say I'm surprised by this ruling but gently caress the NCAA gently caress UNC gently caress Roy "Aw Shucks" Williams gently caress everything I guess you just gotta deny and don't cooperate and arghhhhhhh i just wanted to see those banners come down and see the tears of tarheel fans is that too much to ask I think not

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

gvibes posted:

Top 25-ish PG Ayo Dosumnu announcing tonight. Illinois or Wake. Not sure why he didn't get more interest from better teams.

Ayo to Illinois. Highest ranked recruit picking Illinois I can think of since maybe Dee Brown?

Edit - maybe not, forgot about Jerome Richmond

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

God bless Chicago AAU bullshit.

Yeah, Horton-Tucker quit playing for the AAU team Ayo Dosunmu plays for and the two never got along or something, and Horton-Tucker played for a different AAU team. Ayo committed, AAU coach Mike Irvin didn't want Horton-Tucker at Illinois, Horton-Tucker did his official visit 2-3 days after Ayo committed, then Mike Irvin told Illinois if they took Horton-Tucker he'd have Ayo go to Wake and they'd never get someone from Mac Irvin Fire again. Not like we were getting great players from Mac Irvin Fire to begin with, Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Wayne Blackshear, Cliff Alexander all went somewhere else. I'm not holding my breath for any top tier recruits from that AAU program coming to Illinois either, especially if there's interest from Kansas, UNC, Duke, or Kentucky. During the official visit and after Horton-Tucker really liked the school and wanted to commit. Apparently Illinois pulled his offer this morning, the day he was doing his announcement. Really lovely.

I guess we'll see in a year or two if this gamble pays off, but it's Illinois, so I'm expecting a lot of "I really liked Illinois, but in the end, my heart was with school %blueblood%"

• Locked thread