Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yo gently caress Miami I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Butler vs Winthrop sounds like the snobbiest match up

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

MSU gets the same seed as Wisconsin.

Wisconsin finished ahead of MSU in the regular season, went two rounds further in the tournament, beat Tennessee, Georgetown, Syracuse, Oklahoma, Marquette in non conference vs MSU's Wichita State and no one.

What the hell

They also faded massively late in the season and we beat them fairly solidly. The end of their regular season was disastrous

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Just the names

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yay NU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Michigan State gonna oust Kansas in the second round.

At least I know the fate now. Feels good to gain some closure.

We're butt poop this year and I think the Izzo magic isn't happening with one quality big man on the roster

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So did the Missouri Valley just suck rear end this year?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I do think if we had subbed out any of the really good teams we lost to with decent teams and won a game or two more, we'd actually be out of the tournament

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That's generally how it goes. It's hard out here for an HBCU.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jon Bois did a very long video on the time Troy State beat DeVry(!) 253-141
https://youtu.be/T4afzQyGo5Q

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

That poo poo is interesting for 5 minutes.. not 35 minutes.

It's interesting because he goes so deep on it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Uh, alright
https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/843191589258366976

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Well, that was a weird and disappointing season. Looking forward to how Nick Ward, Cassius Winston and Jeremy Langford develop. Glad I got to experience a guy as talented as Miles Bridges on my team for a year. Hopefully he finds a good home in the NBA. Next season should be fun, especially compared to football, which...won't.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mike Krzyzewski retire bitch

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

People are going apeshit here at USC over the gamecock win. I havn't been following the mens team at all this year, but we didnt even make the tourny last year. How much of an upset is this?

A big one, though it probably helped that it was in Greenville.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
SMU being good is a very recent development. I don't know if they'll maintain it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pubic works project posted:

I haven't read any rumors about Big East expansion, but I think it'd be cool. It would be stupid to focus on schools that had a certain religious background. Was the old Big East like that?

No, it just had a bunch of Catholic schools because the northeast is hugely Catholic and those schools stuck around for the new conference because Catholic schools don't have big time football (except ND and BC).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

UMass hired Winthrop's coach, that's a good get especially if he can build a staff that knows the Northeast.

And he just decided to go back to Winthrop half an hour before his introductory press conference.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Coincidentally that's also the last year that a Big Ten team won the tournament.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/kofieyeboah/status/845432947532595201

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

I have a friend who is a huge Dayton fan and I'd describe his mood as an animal that crawled into the woods to accept death's sweet embrace.

He had to know this day would come eventually since 2014.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Wasn't the NIT the more important tournament last time Oregon made it to the Final Four?

Yes. It was the very first NCAA Tournament

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The NBA has teams that can realistically challenge the ones everyone expects to win, even if they don't always succeed. UCONN has won over 100 games in a row. It's not comparable.

And Lebron always going to the finals is due to the nature of basketball itself more than the NBA.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nolan Arenado posted:

That's almost like one of those Mandela Effect things, I've heard a lot of people that thought that moment happened in the final four.

It's probably because it's rare to find a moment that iconic in one of the middle rounds. The Sweet 16 has neither the massive upsets of the opening two rounds or the championship stakes of the Final Four.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
And now he's a classic rural Northwestern Libertarian.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
LOL Dave Bliss got fired after being stupid enough to appear in that Showtime documentary
http://thecomeback.com/ncaa/showtime-baylor-scandal-dave-bliss-resigns.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

all-Rush mixtape posted:

He didn't get fired - he resigned.

Fired and resigned in disgrace are only slightly different

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lmao

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/849606554835963904

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cross posting from the draft thread
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/852211363816636416

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Tom Izzo is a dark wizard who somehow continuously gets players to stay 5 years and then go undrafted when they were a 1st round pick after their freshman year

It's usually more like they were a recruit with lottery potential and then they underperform for 2 years and become Extremely College Players.

Except Deyonta Davis who really needed another year of seasoning but left early, went in round 2 and is buried on the Grizzlies bench

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Some kind of state series coming, I imagine.

https://twitter.com/jamesbhawkins/status/856677637154123777

Greg Kampe is Oakland's coach and Bacari Alexander is Detroit's.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Good on Izzo & Beilein if so. Fear of helping in state teams recruit keeps a lot of logical series from happening.

We do play Oakland almost every year fwiw. I have no idea when the last time we did anything with U of D was though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pubic works project posted:

Valpo is joining the Missouri Valley Conference.

That seems reasonable. They seem like consistently one of the best Horizon teams.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Is MSU going to lose again this year because they got a highly ranked recruit
Can Tom Izzo win without a bunch of grizzled undersized seniors?

Last year was the most undersized you can possibly be so I say yes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol my alma mater is playing Ohio State in preseason. Go Scots binch

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jud Heathcote has passed

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There's a reason Izzo usually loses big time recruiting battles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I took a night class called "Close Listening" which was technically an English class where we were supposed to write about music. The professor was totally winging it and he missed 1/3 of the classes. I'm pretty sure nobody did worse than a B.

We had a dope reading list though. David Byrne's "How Music Works" is fascinating.

• Locked thread