Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Can't wait for Vermont of all teams to beat Purdue, Iowa State and Kansas in a row.

Actually, pretty sure Nevada will at least give ISU a double OT nightmare first.

And New Mexico State got lucky, getting literally the only top 16 team they could feasibly beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Grittybeard posted:

So has anyone set up a goon bracket group?

I've setup a private group on the ESPN bracket thing if people are interested.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Bird in a Blender posted:

Well don't keep it a secret.

Sorry about that, playing a wedding. The group name is Straight Trippin and the password is FuckDuke as always.

I'll post this in the fantasy sports section in a minute.

Edit: changed the title to the correct one.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

So excited to see Steve Alford coaching Indiana like he was destined to. Maybe he can bring a bunch of his old assistants with him.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Joey Freshwater posted:

I somehow picked New Mexico State over Baylor.

Lets go...*checks* ...Aggies!

wait what

Baylor hasn't been playing well, and NMSU played well in non-conference.

It's not too far fetched, though I expect the game to be the battle of who wants it less.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Aggies fans everywhere making another run for some Bud Light and Takis.

But despite being your rivals, I love you right now NMSU.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

MourningView posted:

Yeah they're buddies. He publically defends Alford all the time, and has taken credit for helping get him the New Mexico job so he could get out ahead of the posse and avoid getting fired by Iowa. I don't take him seriously on most things but I would with this

He also called his move to UCLA literally half an hour after Alford re-signed with New Mexico.

I believe it.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

if you ever find yourself in a sad brains mood but can't quite get over the hump to pull the trigger, drive US 54 from Wichita to beautiful Tucumcari, NM. what a god drat wasteland

Um the billboards in Albuquerque call Tucumcari "scenic", so I think you might be wrong there. :smug:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Everything in New Mexico is scenic, that doesn't make it not a wasteland.

Speaking of wasteland, anyone want our .500 coach?

Anyone?

:smith:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

That's almost word for word what Alford said before he left New Mexico.

I'll believe it when Indiana hires someone else.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

MourningView posted:

I'm inclined to agree that it makes it kinda boring but I also don't really see a way to fix it unless you want to ban him from the sport for being to good at his job. It's not like they're doing something wrong, they're just way better. I guess appreciate that you're watching history? Presumably it will end eventually just like UCLA basketball in the Wooden era

I basically only pay attention until the elite eight. Usually you get one or two teams that surprise their way up to there, then it becomes the UConn plus combo of 1/2 seeds that will loss to the Huskies anyways.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Good god, 5 players are transferring from UNM overnight. Three others might, but those aren't confirmed.

With 2 players graduating, that's up to 10 players leaving.

:smithicide:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

FartingBedpost posted:

Good god, 5 players are transferring from UNM overnight. Three others might, but those aren't confirmed.

With 2 players graduating, that's up to 10 players leaving.

:smithicide:

Up to 6, more to come. It's a UNLV level exodus.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Craig Neal is no longer the coach at New Mexico!!!

I'm so worried this is some elaborate prank, but it really looks like it's not.

Phew.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

My bracket got better as the tournament moved along. Just not enough in the sweet sixteen.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

RumbleFish posted:

We finished sixth in the final coaches poll. :unsmith: What a loving season.

Congrats, man. That was a great run to watch.

Also Wichita State is now in the AAC, so goodbye MVC ever getting two teams in.

And lastly, I finally saw Disgraced, about the 2003 Baylor scandal. Holy poo poo when old New Mexico fans called Dave Bliss a piece of poo poo I never realized how bad he was.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

iospace posted:

I hope he blows his knees out and ruins any chance of him playing beyond college.

In addition, I hope this happens while he tries tripping somebody.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

lol yes please.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Eltoasto posted:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/872659706656858113

How unimpressive and urgent. Did you just hire the first guy who said yes? I mean he's not a bad coach but I don't trust him to recruit.

That's the "we literally are out of time now" offer, huh?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Pitino literally balls deep in the cheating scandal prostitution ring corruption, I can't believe it!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...fair-paid-leave

Huh, so Louisville has no assistants now.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Haha holy poo poo NCAA, you’ve just opened up a Pandora’s Box.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21154348/north-carolina-tar-heels-guard-joel-berry-breaks-hand-punching-door

lol “We like his fighting spirit and the fact he hurts himself right before the season starts.”

E: UNM is playing BYU in an exhibition game because KU and MU did one. I’m excited because BYU-UNM always been a really fun and nasty-ish rivalry, but our recent years of awful playing is making me feel cautious.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

elentar posted:

Archie having a great first half at Indiana, surely this will endear him quickly to that sensible fanbase.

Holy moly they are ice cold or just a bad team.

• Locked thread