Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Marshall isn't going to UI or MU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You need 4m to get Marshall. MU and Illinois aren't going to pay that because the fear is Roy or Coach K retires and they immediately call Marshall.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The problem with this year's 12/5s is I feel bad picking all of the 12s. The one 12/5 I want to go chalk on is Iowa State and they are playing a nasty Nevada team with tons of offense. Iowa State is already licking their chops about playing in KC.

Don't look past Nevada. A looming KU/ISU game in Sprint Center needs to happen.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lonzo Ball's dad is batshit.

He just demanded a billion dollar shoe contract.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/841331656128638977/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

NO CHILDREN ON THE COURT

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

vikingstrike posted:

People loving suck sometimes.

The rules have been obeyed that's the important thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

stump collector posted:

I hope mizzou gets a good coach and comes back to the big 12 because i miss KU versus Mizzou games which will probably never happen again

Well the good news would be if Marshall went to Missouri KU could continue to ignore him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wait a minute here...UMKC has never made any tournament? Seriously?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well poo poo. In the early 80s they pumped UMKC up like madness like they were something super special (see: Kansas City Comets) and even with Tony Dumas they never made the tournament. I had no idea.

At least they're responsible for the most anatomically incorrect mural of a dunk ever made.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez looking back at that mural I was talking about it wasn't a UMKC jersey at all, my memory is faded. It's some random jersey.

But the Liefeld-worthy imaginary muscles are almost as bad as I remembered.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

poetry.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Please change the thread to the Ashley Judd Appreciation Station.

Her trolling of UK trumpsters is like watching a supernova.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lots of smoke Martin may bring the Porter brothers to Missouri and their family as well.

This is why you make them sign a letter of intent, Washington.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Imagine the poo poo storm in Washington if they lose Porter. They have to be like uh that was the ONE reason we kept you, Lorenzo!

The other brothers are both 4*

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 15, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I suddenly am not sure if both Jontae and Kevin Porter are related. They're both in the 2018 class and look nothing alike.

edit: AAAANNNNDDD I just saw a rumor surface that Romar is about to get fired. It just exploded on twitter.

edit 2: ARRREEE YYOUUU REEEADDY

Percy Allen

@percyallen

@UW_MBB players told to gather on campus for team meeting at 3:30. Told they'll find out then what will happen to Lorenzo Romar.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 15, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Washington fires coach Lorenzo Romar after 9-22 season

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There it is.

Paul Biancardi

@PaulBiancardi

Cuonzo Martin will add Michael Porter Sr as an assistant, per sources. Michael Porter Jr did not sign an NLI.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doug Gottlieb

@GottliebShow

Very doubtful that Michael Porter goes to Mizzou. Lesson learned from Fultz,Simmons

Doug, I like you but you are constantly wrong so it's hard to take you seriously about things like this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So MU hired Porter's dad, a coach he likes and both his sisters play for Missouri already but he ain't going to MU Gottlieb says because of Fultz? C'mon son.

edit: lol already backpedaling

Doug Gottlieb

@GottliebShow

I was told Porter would consider Washington depending on new coach, Oklahoma w/Trae Young or Mizzou

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strengths:
He has an incredible combination of size, length, and skill that is almost unprecedented at this early stage of his development. He shoots the ball with deep range, has a high and compact release to get his shot off at virtually any point, and is equally proficient at scoring over top of contesting defenders with his pull-up game inside the lane. He is also pretty fluid with the ball in his hands, has good perimeter footwork off the catch with his jab series, and a good left hand to both score and pass off the dribble. His length (seven-foot-nine wingspan) is absolutely off the charts and so he's going to have some type of impact on the defensive end of the floor as well.

Weaknesses:
Porter isn't yet totally explosive and he can be hesitate to play through contact at times. He's not going to be totally coordinated until he stops growing, and right at the moment there doesn't appear to be any signs of that. He needs to learn to play in straight lines off the dribble, become more assertive, and just a little tougher. Defensively, he's going to need to establish a position for himself and learn to better utilize his tools as a weak-side shot-blocker. He could also be a more consistent rebounder on both ends.

Bottom Line:
His upside is scary good and so while some will make references to the likes of Kevin Garnett, he could also turn out to be more like Austin Daye if he doesn't learn to impact the game more inside the paint and around the rim.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Seniors are easy, let me tell you about 7-1 sophomore Balsa Koprivica!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh let them have their fun. Martin has been to a Sweet 16 before don't forget.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pshh maybe for you northsiders, it's all Indiana down in the drain where the Grabowskis live.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Something tells me he is probably staying at UCLA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

edit: wrong thread

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

vikingstrike posted:

Never been to Lawrence, but I work with some KU alums and they speak favorably of their time there.

Always remember to use the guide.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://vimeo.com/208735152

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gottlieb didn't get the OSU job, he just joined Fox Sports.

Which means he'll be eating in the same lunchroom with me and easily triggered. Something something credit cards.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeff Goodman

@GoodmanESPN

Oklahoma State will interview alum Doug Gottlieb tomorrow, sources told ESPN.

So I guess he has an escape clause with Fox.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Didn't Fred Hoiberg do the same thing?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's probably going to Mizzou but for what it's worth he like, JUST released four schools in the running: Oklahoma, Washington, Missouri, Virginia.

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/michael-porter-jr-washington-release-recruiting#sthash.2HLWhS4L.uxfs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

If I were guessing I'd think OU if he doesn't go to Mizzou, he's got a buddy going there he'd like to play with I think I read somewhere.

It's super weird even being in this discussion by the way, let alone being the odds on favorite.

Oh that person would happen to be point guard Trae Young who spurned KU recently for Oklahoma. He's from Norman and Gottlieb yesterday threw out the idea that he hasn't signed either and may want to join Porter at Missouri which...his parents would have to move out of Norman I'm thinking.

Also for the people who don't quite understand what the big deal on Porter is, not all overall #1s are created equal. With Porter, think Kevin Durant level of ability.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is someone going to open the GDT back up for March Madness?

Getting psyched.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

michael porter 2 memphis

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

It didn't take long for the hot takes beat writers to complain about the SI for Kids reporter asking Frank Martin a question.

https://twitter.com/dcaraviello/status/845503908944470016

rear end in a top hat alarm

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a friend who is a huge Dayton fan and I'd describe his mood as an animal that crawled into the woods to accept death's sweet embrace.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Meanwhile Iowa signed two top 100 guys and I'm thrilled. We might as well play different sports.

Perhaps you could take McDonald's All American Carlton Bragg.

Please.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let's make a deal you take Knox, we'll take Duvall and gently caress Duke.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think the real problem is that he was a hybrid 4 and was asked to play 5 when Udoka went down. Josh Jackson was playing the 4 and running circles around big 4s trying to defend him. So Bragg tried to play back to the basket but he's really not tough. He tried hard and had good numbers offensively but his defense was just....big guys would run over him.

Also, you know, sex n drugs n rock and rolllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Former Memphis standouts Dedric and K.J. Lawson are transferring to Kansas, their father told @CBSSports.

Memphis: must hate Kansas so much

• Locked thread