Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces, shoot me a PM or hit me up on IRC I'm available every evening PDT except Tuesday this week afaik

Elyv fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

L0cke17 posted:

Same as before, Im generally available after 8pm CST weeknights. Or if you see me in #mtgoon.

sounds good, ill try to get you tomorrow night then

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Hey Sigma-X I should be around EST nights Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and all day Saturday. If none of those work let me know.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

eSporks posted:

I'm available most nights after 7pm PST, or weekends. I hang out in IRC and discord, and you can also catch me on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/eSporks/
If none of those work for you, shoot me a PM and we can schedule something.

Hey eSporks, if the above still applies, could you do like midnight PST this week?

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
Walked I PM'd you. Ready to get my durdle on again.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Rogue0071 posted:

Hey Sigma-X I should be around EST nights Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and all day Saturday. If none of those work let me know.

Tuesday works, I'm PDT though and get out of work at 7. Let me know if that works?

You can add me on steam here for easy messaging:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X/

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Tuesday works, I'm PDT though and get out of work at 7. Let me know if that works?

You can add me on steam here for easy messaging:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X/

Works for me.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

planedriver posted:

Hey eSporks, if the above still applies, could you do like midnight PST this week?
Midnight is a tad late, but if we plan on it, I could do it. Pick a day.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hey suicidesteve when u wanna play

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

black potus posted:

Network42 (3 pts) vs little munchkin (3 pts)

I don't have any plans for the next few nights, go ahead and pick something

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
SoftNum I'm good for any night this week except Wednesday, any time after 4 pm EDT. Hit me up in a PM or reply here, either way works.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Hey suicidesteve when u wanna play

Idunno. Some time after midnight EST today or tomorrow or around 10 PM the rest of the week?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

InterrupterJones posted:

SoftNum I'm good for any night this week except Wednesday, any time after 4 pm EDT. Hit me up in a PM or reply here, either way works.

How about tomorrow like 9ish Central? (10ish Eastern). If that's too late I can walk it back a bit but my kids aren't reliably in bed until 9. If that doesn't work Thursday and then Saturday are the next best choices.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

SoftNum posted:

How about tomorrow like 9ish Central? (10ish Eastern). If that's too late I can walk it back a bit but my kids aren't reliably in bed until 9. If that doesn't work Thursday and then Saturday are the next best choices.

Tomorrow at 10ish is great for me! I'll be on IRC around that time. (My boy's bedtime fluctuates, so hopefully our game won't be disrupted too many times.)

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ThePeavstenator loses 0-2 vs L0cke17

ggs, my deck has cards that do things I promise

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

black potus posted:

ThePeavestenator (6 pts) vs L0cke17 (6 pts)

I have triumphed 2-0 vs ThePeavestenator. ggs.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

suicidesteve posted:

Idunno. Some time after midnight EST today or tomorrow or around 10 PM the rest of the week?

How about like 10p Thursday?

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

eSporks posted:

Sorry forgot to reply. Could you do it in 5 hours time? Otherwise Thursday (I should be free all day)?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

How about like 10p Thursday?

I can do that but it really needs to be right at 10 and I might have to delay it depending on family stuff.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

little munchkin posted:

I don't have any plans for the next few nights, go ahead and pick something

Today and tomorrow I'm free throughout the day until 4 or so and after about 9PM, so whenever works for you.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

planedriver posted:

Sorry forgot to reply. Could you do it in 5 hours time? Otherwise Thursday (I should be free all day)?
Thursday should work, any particular time?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Network42 posted:

Today and tomorrow I'm free throughout the day until 4 or so and after about 9PM, so whenever works for you.

lets do Wednesday, around 9 est?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
You're on.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

eSporks posted:

Thursday should work, any particular time?

Anytime after 4pm? until like 11pm

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

suicidesteve posted:

I can do that but it really needs to be right at 10 and I might have to delay it depending on family stuff.

Sure

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

InterrupterJones on Eldrazi Stompy beats SoftNum on Food Chain 2-1. Those were fun games, with both of us drawing gas hands for our wins each time.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Hey Sigma-X, I've been hanging around IRC all night but I didn't see you. Heading to bed now, let me know if there's some time you want to reschedule to.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Network42 posted:

You're on.

ok im on xmage and the irc whenever you're ready

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Little munchkin takes 2-0 through the power of interacting with your opponent. I'd like to drop, additionally.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Chewy mulls to 2 and then I win for a 2-0 sorry chewy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces defeats Elyv 2-1.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Elyv posted:

Johnny Five-Jaces defeats Elyv 2-1.

you entitled the PM to me to schedule blundergroan, and boy were you right

thanks for the games and putting up with me mucking through the interface and not playing well

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

eSporks posted:

eSporks I'll be on irc for the next two hrs.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So I forgot about this/was taking a nap before a 16 hour midnight shift. Saturday night some time?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

suicidesteve posted:

So I forgot about this/was taking a nap before a 16 hour midnight shift. Saturday night some time?

I did too so no biggie. Sat night is fine.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013
GGs 2-1 over eSporks. I'm still confused what your deck does but respect for trying to play it haha.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

planedriver posted:

GGs 2-1 over eSporks. I'm still confused what your deck does but respect for trying to play it haha.

It casts Doomsday and then loses the game.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

It casts Doomsday and then loses the game.
This is a pretty accurate description of how our games went.
g1 I misclicked an LED, but planedriver was nice enough to count it as a win.
g2 I had Underground Sea x3, and SDT in play. Doomsday, dark ritual, ideas unbound, and LED in hand.
He had 2x deathrite, 2 lands in play. Mindbreak trap and food chain in hand.

I knew if he countered IU, I was pretty boned on a labman or tendrils pile, but I had shelldock emmy sided in. The problem with shelldock is that I have to pass the turn, and letting him resolve food chain means he gets a bunch of griffins. It was enough that he could chump emmy and still have an attacker for lethal. So, I had to put therapy in the pile. I can't just therapy the trap either, because then I don't have enough mana to cast IU.
I tanked forever trying to find a pile that plays around him casting trap on IU or LED, but I couldn't. In the end I went with ritual into doomsday stacking therapy, therapy, shelldock, emrakul, doomsday.
1st mistake, the 2nd therapy should have been lotus petal.
I cast LED and he counters it, which is fine.
I flip top and cast therapy naming food chain. If I had LP instead of 2nd therapy, the correct play was to cast IU, then petal, therapy, shelldock.
I pass. I thought shelldock was on top, but I draw therapy. I forget exactly, but I think I'm just dead to deathrites at this point and don't have time to pass another turn.

g3 I just never found any discard, I was facing down lethal and had to go for it, with DR, DD, IU, rain of filth in hand and a boat load of lands with top in play. I lead on IU hoping to find discard, or maybe catching a force. IU gets caught by hardcast trap and I can't think of a single pile I can do with IU exiled.

g2 is really bugging me though, I really feel like there had to be a way to make a pile that plays around trap on LED and on IU. I can't really come up with one though, if IU gets countered, SDT can still get into the pile, but I have nothing else that draws multiple cards so I think its just a dead end. IU pre doomsday does free me up to do brainstorm shenanigans, but then it turns on trap for the doomsday after ritual. Since I wasn't dead next turn, unless he rips emrakul. maybe I should have just done something with therapy on top and passed. therapy, therapy, Lotus petal, brainstorm, labman.

Draw therapy.
Cast ritual > sea, sea, BBB,
Cast therapy > sea, sea, BB
Flip top > draw therapy
Cast therapy > sea, sea, B
Cast LED
Cast IU, crack LED > BUUU draw "SDT, Lotus petal, Brainstorm"
Play SDT > UUU
Play petal
Flip top
cast labman
Crack petal, cast brainstorm

That loses to Emrakul or leovold off the top, but I think plays around everything else, barring some removal that was left in or something.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Apr 15, 2017

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

I did too so no biggie. Sat night is fine.

Well I was in irc all night but I have to go to work soon and I'm spending tomorrow with my family, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

suicidesteve posted:

Well I was in irc all night but I have to go to work soon and I'm spending tomorrow with my family, so

Yeah I'm a dork, this round is yours

• Locked thread