Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks, iTunes, for reminding me why I just loving :filez: everything: because you're so goddamn paranoid that you won't let me play movies that I pay for in HD on my laptop monitor because it doesn't have hardware that supports your bullshit copy protection scheme, so I just wind up having to loving steal a copy anyway! :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I was getting kinda bored with the movie until around the middle when everyone starts growing suspicious and murdery but holy hell did the movie pick up right at the point where Intermission starts and it just doesn't let go until the end. :stare:

Oh, and this songs soundtrack is so on fire that it's not even funny.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
FUN COMMENTARY TIDBIT: The HATE joke was lifted wholesale from Edgar Wright's unproduced version of Ant-Man. He doesn't outright say that's where it came from, but it's pretty heavily implied. "Well if they're not gonna use this amazing joke, I'll have it." :v:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Spergatory posted:

Thanks, iTunes, for reminding me why I just loving :filez: everything: because you're so goddamn paranoid that you won't let me play movies that I pay for in HD on my laptop monitor because it doesn't have hardware that supports your bullshit copy protection scheme, so I just wind up having to loving steal a copy anyway! :fuckoff:

Yeah I'm just gonna wait for physical media. I like my discs

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

MiddleOne posted:

I was getting kinda bored with the movie until around the middle when everyone starts growing suspicious and murdery but holy hell did the movie pick up right at the point where Intermission starts and it just doesn't let go until the end. :stare:

Opposite here, I found all the likable interesting stuff in the first half, and was bored by all the stuff after the cute kid in the post office. And yes, I know that's more than halfway through.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Torquemada posted:

Opposite here, I found all the likable interesting stuff in the first half, and was bored by all the stuff after the cute kid in the post office. And yes, I know that's more than halfway through.

Yeah. I just saw this at the dollar movies, catching it before it was entirely gone, and really enjoyed it, it was about what I expected based on what I'd heard.

But I agree that the best stuff is early before everything gets all heavy and drama laden. To me this is light as a feather and is at its best when it's just reveling in the music and stylish editing of a chase scene.

It's hard to imagine how you could enjoy movies, action movies, and any kind of car chases and not love the opening sequence.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Yeah once everyone starts loving each other over(starting with the botched weapons buy) the movie get's less fun. Still a great idea for a film. And that opening car chase was amazing. It's going on my list of movies to just watch until the third act. I don't know if i have a personal problem with stories ending but i have so many favorite movies that are just act 1 and 2. Is that a thing? It seems like once a movie turns to wrap up mode i tune out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fragmented posted:

Yeah once everyone starts loving each other over(starting with the botched weapons buy) the movie get's less fun. Still a great idea for a film. And that opening car chase was amazing. It's going on my list of movies to just watch until the third act. I don't know if i have a personal problem with stories ending but i have so many favorite movies that are just act 1 and 2. Is that a thing? It seems like once a movie turns to wrap up mode i tune out.

I'm the same way with Brokeback Mountain. While I love the whole film, I have watched the first hour of it about 30 times and only watched the second half maybe 5 times. I kind of wish Ang Lee had done a 4 hour version where the titular Brokeback Mountain part is like 90 minutes instead of the 30 it currently is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Just started the movie, and I just want to say that Hamm really pulls off the Richard Spencer haircut and proves how poorly it looks on Richard.

• Locked thread