Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

drat drat good. I really need to see it again.

It felt far less reference/nod heavy than his other films, but that the ones there were a lot more subtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He wanted Baby to repay his debt.

When that was done he was too valuable to let go and made a business decision to keep him on, without taking his cut anymore (since he has a soft spot for him). He makes some insincere threats to make sure he gets what he wants.

When he has nothing to lose and zero chance of carrying on his business as normal he let his soft spot get the better of him.

I don't see the inconsistency.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ohvee posted:

Every tv/device has a vudu app and I don't have to worry about the movies leaving the service.

Until Vudu doesn't exist or it's no longer viable for them to host your purchases.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So is it possible that Sony just decides to do a sequel with or without Wright? Imagine Baby Driver 2 directed by some other guy. gently caress that.

I'd be up for a different crime film in the same universe with a new cast (barring a few that cross over), or a different crime film in a different universe with the same cast (or just every character played by John Hamm).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RideTheSpiral posted:

the same universe lol

The Baby Cinematic Universe is going to be huge, you'll see.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wonder how many people Spacey cycles in and out of jobs. Depending on how many you do it'd become a huge maths problem to ensure that the same group is never repeated.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Saw it a second time. Still good, but the sound in the cinema really let the film down and the overall product suffers quite a drat bit when that happens. A lot of the musical scenes fell sort of flat, and the gunshots and cars almost entirely drowned out the music.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Debbie singing B-A-B-Y when she's first introduced is maybe the nicest sound on the planet.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Even if he got out of that situation alive, he'd have still pissed off Bats. The man who murders a lot for no particular reason.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

precision posted:

All the British people I know are super down on this movie for, yep, being "too American".

I've not heard a single person say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Oh dear. Do they think the same of Pegg considering he writes Star Trek movies?

I've heard people say this one. And people who think he sold out because he had a tiny cameo in The Force Awakens after hating the prequels. I think he did a voice in one of the cartoons too?

• Locked thread