Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DuK2gO posted:

Stuck with the LUCID. It was almost fully decompressed upon opening, probably due to springs. Love the latex top, very cool. I like firm beds and the latex almost feels too soft, but when I settle in it feels very supportive. Had a slightly sore back for a week to adjust. Springs seem quiet. Would recommend especially if I get at least a few years out of it for the price.

Said, "gently caress it," and ordered the same one (Full), as my futon has hit End of Life status.
Was seriously considering a Purple Queen, but this is literally a third the price, and I don't need to upgrade my frame or sheets. If I get more than three years I'm laughing.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

i am a side and back sleeper. sometimes i wake up with lower back pain. currently i have a foam from dixie foam mattresses. it worked well for a while, and i thought it felt decent enough.

what kind of mattress should i be looking at? i’m willing to spend whatever.

I either sleep on my back or start on my side and end on my back; I've had one of these for four months now, and I think it's solid:

LUCID 12 Inch Full Latex Hybrid Mattress

The first five or ten minutes might hurt until your back gets used to it; I went to it from a futon and it took me a bit to get used to springs again.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 12, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

^ My 12" Lucid Latex Hybrid has been absolutely great, but I couldn't tell you if it's available in Canadian stores as I bought it off Amazon.

- - -

Tell me about full-size bed frames that don't require a box spring too. I tried checking the Amazon and Walmart sites and theyre just infested with Linus SKUs as far as the eye can see.
Their metal ones are thin, cheaply stamped, spot-welded garbage, and the wooden options have reviews that consistently mention insufficiently reinforced center legs.

Budget: I'm open to suggestion, but I can't really justify higher than USD $400/ CAD $550, and lower is better.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 13, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Canadian ikea has lower review scores than amazon, if you can believe it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Scudworth posted:

And you can go to Ikea and look at the things.

No, no I can't. The closest one is two hours away by freeway, and I don't own a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Scudworth posted:

I meant that as another reason why the reviews are less significant than Amazon's faith-based on photos review system being more important, but I worded it poorly and apologize. "You" but not YOU you.

I'm sick this week, so the ol' cpu isn't at full clocks, if you get me. :unsmith: