Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Having bought a pillow from the OnPurple people, they're probably going to be the source of my next mattress. That material is some kind of amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Thanatosian posted:

How does the OnPurple compare with a buckwheat pillow (I have the Beans72, and am a pretty big fan)? For the OnPurple mattress, can you use a bedbug-proof cover on it (since the cover they sell is not bedbug-proof), or will that gently caress up the air flow?

I used to use a buckwheat pillow exclusively. Now I use a Purple pillow exclusively. The major difference here is that with a buckwheat pillow, you adjust the pillow so it perfectly cradles your head. With the Purple pillow, it adjusts itself so it perfectly cradles your head, and it moves when you move. This means that you can relax your neck and shoulders and allow your head to kind of bob around with your breathing, and it's no big deal. My first night with it was just short of euphoric, as it allowed me to relax my shoulders a bit. I have chronic shoulder and neck tension, and since I got this pillow, every day has been a little bit more relaxed than the last. It is such a game changer for me that my sinuses have been more open lately since I have less tension leading from the top of my neck and my jaw.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

The Purple mattress came yesterday!

I get mine tomorrow, and I bought mine with a tax return too! I am psyched as gently caress because I already have the drat pillows and they're amazing.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

I sleep on my side sometimes and I haven't had a problem, but I just got it Monday, so maybe wait for someone who's had it longer to weigh in.

Oh I'll weigh in alright. I am a fatass side sleeper. I gotta clear out my existing bed but hopefully I have it all set up tonight.

edit: Feels good so far, just waiting for the sheets and mattress protector to dry

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 22, 2017

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Pilsner posted:

That wall sure is purple.

gently caress you say

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Synastren posted:

Fair warning, I've never gotten a chance to tear any online only mattresses apart; I'm hella interested in Purple mattresses. They're so hush-hush on their proprietary polymer that it makes it impossible to compare against.

You can get little samples of the material. When I pressed a hammer into it, it did this:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Synastren posted:

My biggest problem with Purple is that their marketing is so brilliant that it is difficult to get any real, substantive information. Any of the traditional vendors we work with will supply us with intimate details regarding their beds' specs. Purple illustrates a nonsensical (but visually impressive) "egg test," for example. I'm actually trying to rationalize purchasing one of their chair cushions so I can get a large enough bit of their material that I can use it. I might also put it to some tests of my own devising, that I can do to floor models or something.

Just buy a cushion or something from them if you wanna try out the material. The best way I can explain how it feels good is that while foam can support you well, and it compresses, it doesn't STRETCH. The effect of stretching cannot be overstated here. If you're a heavy person, or a side sleeper, or both, you need the bed to create basically a sharp dip in the surface. When you do this, it increases the surface area of the mattress. The purple material can be squished at much sharper angles than other mattresses, which allows you to be cradled for support, as the material presses against you over more area of your body. This reduces the maximum pressure exerted against your body, because you are spreading that pressure more evenly, against more surface area.

Make sense? It's fuckin great and it feels amazing.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I honestly don't care if this poo poo makes me die faster.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Scudworth posted:

" As the son of a decorated deceased Vietnam Veteran, "

gently caress this guy and his stock photos of the American flag and mouths with tape over them w/ FREEDOM written across it.

As the son of a decorated deceased Vietnam Veteran, I launched Honest Reviews Platform around one core question,"What's best for consumers?"

What the gently caress does that have to do with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

My money on the powder on the purple mattresses is that it's a mold release agent that they don't bother to rinse off.