Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Twerk from Home posted:

What are the cons of the "giant slab of latex"? I'm looking to replace an old, sagging inner spring mattress, and the Ikea Mausund looks like a decent option.

I haven't seen much discussion of latex mattresses in general though. All of the attention is on memory foam / foam, whether cheap bed-in-a-box stuff or fancy tempur-pedic.

Aside from what Synastren said, it's also heavier and more difficult to move around. My latex mattress is only a full size, but it still weighs more than a 100 lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

You could do the daybed option since you could use any mattress instead of being stuck with a folding one. They do tend to look more like a disguised bed than a couch though.