Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Unload My Head posted:

I'll admit I haven't been following this thread as closely as I should be, but why is this so? I had T&N on my short list along with Purple.

I am very curious about this because I always sleep on my side and have broad shoulders so a firm mattress is very uncomfortable.
I got one recently, and it's fine? It is pretty firm. But I also have broad shoulders and sleep on my side and I haven't really had a problem with it.

As far as sex goes, if it doesn't have enough "bounce" for you, well, you can always gently caress somewhere more exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Here's something new and exciting I learned about beds in a box. Apparently tons of them are lined with fiberglass inside of the cover. So, if the cover ever gets punctured or comes off, fiberglass gets sprayed everywhere. People have had to throw out all their possessions or even literally being forced to move out of their homes.

This guy asked a bunch of the biggest manufacturers if they use fiberglass and silica. Guess I'm not buying another Zinus, which sucks because I need a cheap mattress right now. I like my Tuft and Needle, but I need a queen size now, and to be honest it's not as comfortable as I had hoped as a side sleeper.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

There's some pretty serious cognitive dissonance going on in your post between "why would that lady let her kids lay on fiberglass in their mattress, which they should totally have known about!" and also "fiberglass in mattresses is among the least possibly harmful solutions".

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Synastren posted:

Nope.

Fiberglass isn't a chemical that is carcinogenic. :v:

ed: On the gradient between "flame resistant chemicals that have been shown to contribute to cancer risk" to "wool," fiberglass isn't that far away from wool.
Um, do you not understand why having fiberglass shooting all over your room is a health concern? It's not as much about it being a potential carcinogen.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

...except every mattress that isn't cheap made-in-China poo poo (and even many of those!) don't use it.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I think this Nectar is the perfect firmness for side sleeping. Lately I've been sleeping with someone who has a Casper and it feels too soft for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FWIW my Nectar is pretty great as a ~6'3" 210lb side/stomach sleeper.