Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just wanted to post and thank you for all the info. Going to go look at a mattress firm location soon to replace our bed. We're looking for something cool, somewhat firm, in the 1k range. Hopefully we get a good salesperson to talk to.

One issue is I'm a huge goon and my wife is tiny, our current worn out mattress throws her into me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What's the difference between a regular mattress firm store and a mattress firm clearance location?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ended up going with a beautyrest pressuresmart plush. Was on the higher end of our price range because we upgraded from the queen we'd been sleeping on to a king size.

It was a compromise because I preferred the firm and she wanted the plush pillowtop.

I know it's a lower priced bed overall but walking in and seeing others around 3500 is just way too much

I also laid down on the Beautyrest Lux extra firm and it felt like laying on the floor. That thing truly is extra firm

Edit: cool, got a free adjustable base too. The adjustable part doesn't matter but I definitely needed a base since our old one would be too small.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 14, 2020

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Actually we did get that deal and our mattress finally came in yesterday. I'm curious, wouldn't the head up base actually wear out the mattress faster, since it would bend the mattress?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mattress related. We got bed bugs for the first time in my nearly 30 year life... About 3 weeks after we got a new mattress. We're currently doing the 'cimexa my entire house' strategy because the landlord said "oh well sucks for you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

As a fat person firmer beds have been amazing for my back pain