Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So I just got a Helix Dusk, seemed like it was a well rated BIAB for the price and their site directed me to the Dusk with the type-of-sleeper tool they have, of which I'm primarily a stomach sleeper. It's a hybrid, and their middle firmness option besides the Midnight.

I'm coming from a latex foam mattress (Dreamfoam from Amazon) which was generally much softer but slept very hot. That being said I had very little discomfort/back pain on the Dreamfoam, at least outside of specific times that were likely work related.

I've had the Dusk about a week now, and I'm noticing decent back pain the middle of my spine in the morning, right above the center of my back but below my shoulders. What I'm curious about is if this is likely related break-in/adjustment period for such a change, swapping to a firmer mattress, both, or something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Synastren posted:

It's been a week, so it's difficult to really parse out. If it persists for another week or two, it's worth reevaluating!

I'm routinely frustrated trying to find exact specifications of online-only BIABs. Their vague hand-waving specs pages only serve to make it difficult to make an expert opinion. :v:

I’ll see if I have anything that came with the mattress that has a diagram specific to it