Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Trying to figure out buying a mattress during Covid is a special kind of troublesome.

We're not comfortable going into a mattress store so we're stuck going online. According to sleep like the dead and some other reviewers that seem to be unbiased, Saatva seems to be kind of the best brand?

We're debating stepping up the quality to their latex hybrid model but not entirely sure.

Anyone have a Saatva? Is there a general consensus as to like... what the best way to go is if that's not the best brand? We're mainly looking to buy from a company that has a good return policy and would like a mattress that gives us at least 5 years, the one we're on now started sagging after a couple and that was a bummer. Budget isn't a huge concern. I'm a relatively big guy 6"2 210 and my partner is teeny but she can fall asleep on anything and pretty much doesn't care. I'm a stomach/side sleeper.

Chili fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Link was dead but I went searching back through the thread. Doesn't seem like it's the knock-out brand I was hoping for. Didn't realize it was basically another biab. I do know we tried a purple a couple of years back and that still seems to be a popular pick. So yeah, guess that may be the way we go as well. I basically just want someone to say "hey get this one". Like yeah, that's ordinarily ridiculous advice but since we can't really try them, we'll go for 'quality' and if it's not our jive we'll return it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

KidDynamite posted:

Moving into new house soon and want to buy a good king size that will last 20 years. I am very willing to splurge but i don't know wtf i'm looking at when i search hypnos and duxiana mattresses. I'm a hot sleeper and like firm mattresses my wife tends to like softer. What should I be looking at?

I came in asking a very similar question a few months ago and got no answers. I went with a purple 2 and my wife and I are both very happy. Get to try it for 100 days.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Synastren posted:

I've considered doing a new thread, not sure if that'd be the way to go.

I'd love to get some feedback before deciding whether to do that or not.

I say do it. I've definitely enjoyed and trusted this thread over just random googling, and an updated OP would be a great help. I wind up here every couple of years when it's time for something new, like now!

I'm trying to figure out the best option for my kiddo. She's only 5, but I'm looking to get her a full mattress so I can lie down with her for storytime at night. After doing some poking, I'm not seeing anything consistent on the best way to go for kids. She currently sleeps on a purple twin mattress which she seems to like, but she's also 5 and would probably like anything. Is there any good consensus on what's best for kids?