Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.

Synastren posted:

Generally speaking, pain in shoulders and hips comes down to a lack of pressure relief. In other words, that is traditionally because the top of the mattress is too hard.

I have a Tempurpedic mattress. For the past few weeks, I have been sleeping on my father's old mattress. We moved in a hurry bc he sold the house which I lived in to move in with his partner. They are together and everything went into storage so the house could be staged. As his mattress weighs considerably less than TP and it seemed like a good idea. It was not.

This mattress is from Costco and I understand that different strokes for different folks but my stroke is apparently Tempurpedic. "Mine is memory foam too!" was a total lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.
How long can one expect their bed to last? Having been separated from, and now reunited with, my bed, I'm happier than I was before but am not as comfortable as I remember feeling like I was when I got it. I think that it's possible that in the 10 years that I've had it, the memory foam has compressed a lot.

Is this something to expect of a memory foam mattress in ten years?

I'm primarily a stomach / side sleeper with chronic lower back pain.