Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Thanatosian posted:

It's expensive and probably not for everyone, but I got one of these buckwheat pillows. I have trouble sleeping at hotels now because of it; it is super goddamn supportive, and there's nothing really like it. Doesn't get too hot, either (I sleep super loving hot). It's like a really firm beanbag.
I mean if it's that important, and you can swing it, maybe bring the pillow wherever you roam? I bring mine when I travel, but I don't travel for work frequently so I understand if you can't.

Great thread! I read it all, our mattress is fairly new, we inherited it from a rich grandmother that slept on it a handful of times and gave us the whole fancy king set. The girlfriend isn't happy with it though, though it's probably still better than anything we've ever slept on.

I'm not a doctor but I suffer from on and off back pain over the years, and I've been going to a decent "recommended by a coworker" chiropractor for relief for the first time in my life lately and it helps.

But what also helps IMO is some "barbell medicine" working out with good form with help from these forums improves my posture, strengthens your core etc.
I was doing "starting strength program" I bought the book/app and followed the thread and it all went away. I quit doing it a year ago and now it's back, I need to not be lazy and do it again because chiropractors can be expensive over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Rachet strap, move quickly and hope it bounces back?
This coming from one who put their childhood twin in their trunk, heed at your own peril!

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Those of us who frequent the beginner weightlifting thread would advise you to deadlift.

I had lower back pain for like 10 years and 3-5 sessions where you are deadlifting like 70-90% of what you can 5x with a rest day in between (after some warmup sets) should cure you.

Mine has come back and I know the cure but I'm lazy and have been working insane overtime and other excuses.

Doing it twice at least has tamped down about 90% of the pain, poo poo works, I promise.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

Went to the local Mattress Firm today, and after being disappointed at seeing the Purple mattress well above Purple's website pricing, ultimately ended up going with a TEMPUR-Adapt 11 in. Medium Hybrid.
Might just be because they are a franchise, I told my local mattress firm I shop the online purple sales constantly for like 4 years now and I still haven't pulled the trigger because my current mattress is still fairly new.

They told me not only would they match or beat any website deal but they'd throw in more swag and returns and stuff would go easier locally.

I was just glad to lay on one for a bit, but they always come out with new "better" versions and then they don't ever go on sale too much, $800 off 4k or whatever if I get a king and base isn't that amazing even. (That was like the best I saw for their newest product)

They throw in a lot of extra bedding and pillow stuff on some of those sales though!