Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
This is a really awesome series of articles on Trinity, its author, as well as Infocom, and the history of the atomic bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

goddamn this was good.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

The Digital Antiquarian aka Jimmy Maher over at filfre.net has been doing long-form about computer entertainment and digital culture for going on a decade, and there's a sitemap in the form of a table of contents from a book where you can see the chronological list of articles.
To his credit, he also goes out of his way to publish epub files of each year that he covers - so it's really easy to load up your favorite e-book reader and just go-to-town on some well-researched long-form articles covering a particular time-period.

Among my favorites of his are his series on the Dune and Dune II video games, the Might & Magic article he did recently, the multi-part series on the shareware scene, the multi-part series on Windows.
And one of my favorite bits from basically every article is how every single one of the articles always reminds me about something I'd completely forgotten about, or teaches me something I never knew that makes me want to go back and play around with whatever's being covered.

great series on the infocom game Trinity over there, goes into the history of the nuclear bomb as well.