Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not saying there wasn't reason to doubt, but tonight seemed deliberate, and other than some cuts (which they always do; almost any YT clip for WWE is 4-5 minutes max) they didn't really edit anything significant.

Since he's facing Taker the WWE's actually being smart and booking him like a tweener because there's literally no way he's going to be outright cheered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm normally skeptical but NO one was cheering Roman by the end and he straight up disrespected two universally beloved legends for almost no reason in one promo. I wouldn't toxx on it or anything but I'm growing more confident by the week that it may, in fact, be Happening.

I still don't buy it, at the very least Roman's in phase 2 of Vince's 3 part destined to fail plan to get him over as face, which is probably going to last at least until the fall.

Phase 1: Babyface push.
Result: Sufferin' Succotash and getting a Make-A-Wish kid booed

Phase 2: Badass anti-hero who seldomly talks
Result: Comes off more like an rear end in a top hat than anything else

Phase 3: Reuniting the Shield nostalgia act
Potential Results:

a. Works at the time and Roman's over again thanks to Seth and Dean, crowd immediately turns on him once more when they disband again.
b. Seth & Dean get cheered for their parts, Roman's booed as soon as he's tagged in.
c. The crowd completely sees through what WWE's doing and turns on all 3 of them.

The only question is after Phase 3 ends does Vince finally turn him or does he just rotate back to Phase 1 and run through the process again.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

TheRico posted:

THIS is why Roman Reigns has failed.

He was portrayed as that guy who has clung on to his high school glory days for far too long. With Seth and Dean debuting new themes/attire having Reigns come out to the same poo poo as The Shield was one of the first times the fans were disappointed. Plus, his music basically screams "Remember The Shield guys? Right? Wasn't that great? Cheer me plz thx"

Roman adopts an Al Bundy gimmick with Dana as Peggy, becomes biggest face couple ever.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Well it was nice of WWE to at least give us advanced notice to just stop watching Raw.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I always had the feeling Vince regretted not just putting Roman over Lesnar at WM31 instead of the Rollins cash-in and would try and rectify it at some point.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
What's funny about Roman is that they're at least partially self aware of the issues about him. They specifically had Orton eliminate him to win the Rumble because virtually anyone else would have gotten him booed. They have the sense to make him a heelish tweener in his feud with Taker and actually aren't sweetening his reactions on YouTube for once because they know booking him straight up babyface will get him poo poo on even harder.

And yet a year from now they're still planning on running him as face of the company. :psyduck:

DoctorGonzo posted:

I played the games and read the books. Yen is the only answer friend, Shani is too good for Geralt and Essi Daven died.

Is it better to play the previous Witcher games before diving into 3 to enjoy the plot and characters more? I don't have 3 yet but got 1 and 2 cheap off Steam years ago. Played like 10 minutes of the first one and the combat was clunky as hell but I'd heard good things about 2.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

She should lose at wrestlemania. She won the Carmella and Nattie feuds and MIZ and Maryse are heels with totally correct points TM.

Didn't she lose the Nattie feud when Maryse interfered and cost her the blowoff match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

achillesforever6 posted:

Mania will be better than the death march that was last year

Honestly I really expected to be more hyped considering everyone's going into the show healthy except Seth, who's wrestling anyway even if maybe he shouldn't be pushing himself like that.

• Locked thread