Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just caught up on Raw, while watching it the burning question on my mind was wouldn't it have made more sense for Jinder to beat Roman Reigns after the GONG so that HBK's promo about Roman being distracted at a time when he needed his wits about him actually made sense.

The ending segment was so terrible that I literally forgot the Roman one even happened and had to go back through the results to remind myself what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk4DIzH4_3M

So glad that Big Dave is making rad movies and not getting jobbed out to Roman these days.

How big is Batista's dickturd?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Xavier: You see Stephanie, video games are when you have complete control over the actions and lives of the characters who inhabit a world designed purely for your entertainment. Also when you're not around they don't exist.
Stephanie: This all seems very familiar.

CobiWann posted:

Just defeated the djinn and cancelled out Yennfer's last wish, had Geralt tell her he doesn't have feelings for her anymore and now I feel like a MAJOR dick.

You're killing me here, Cobi :cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I backed Cerys as King!

Well okay, you got one thing right at least. :colbert:

Eli Wiggum posted:

Spotted outside PPG Paints Arena earlier (a.k.a. site of tonight's SmackDown Live):

Please cast him as American Alpha's long-lost dad :pray:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I loved the complete glee that Bryan took in putting Miz in his place :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

he's very tall

http://i.imgur.com/mKrdEqO.gifv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Is there truly a problem yet though? I mean, we all bitch about the status of wrestling, especially with how they're using their wrestlers, but we are all still watching.

Ratings are down but is it to the point where they say, "OK, this isn't working, we need to make serious changes."

I'm sure Vince knows he can do anything he wants and nothing matters because WWE will still make money hand over fist.

Again because nothing matters.

They're making huge amounts of money thanks to their television deal, offset somewhat by the loss of PPV revenue in favor of the Network. The big question is what happens once the TV deal runs out, and that will largely depend on the state of television at the time and how much USA finds value in being king of the hill when it comes to basic cable ratings.

I'm sure plenty of others can go into way deeper detail (and probably correct me for being wrong on the above!), but I think the general idea seems to be that even with the continuing ratings decline and dropping (I think) ticket sales, things seem pretty rosy in at least the short term for the McMahons, regardless of how poor quality the product might be or how short-sighted or self-defeating a lot of their decisions seem to be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

The new Nakamura rumor is that he's going to be on the Raw after Mania.

Does that mean he's losing the Wrestlemania match against AJ Styles, so AJ stays on Smackdown?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Great now it's leaked Vince is gonna change up his plans for Mania :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This should absolutely go without saying, but if you're going to post links to this stuff apply a :nws: tag to it. I'd prefer you didn't post the links at all to be perfectly honest but nobody is going to be probated or banned for it so long as they're not being giant creeps about it.

There is a lot of room for discussion on the impact of this type of thing not just on Paige, her career, the movie they're making about her family etc as well as double standards real or perceived over how the men involved will be treated. Just don't take things in creepy directions is all I ask.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

yeah kinda late for that

Yeah but I only just got caught up on the thread and found out what was happening. Now I know EXACTLY how Dave Meltzer feels when he tries to write a newsletter, if the situation was entirely different in almost every aspect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erebus posted:

Hell, there are people on Twitter helpfully sharing links with Paige's mom so she doesn't feel left out

People are such huge scumbags, Jesus Christ :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Timby posted:

No, but J-Ru said it would be fine as long as it had a NWS tag and people weren't "giant creeps" about it.

Just to clarify, I don't think it's fine but I also don't think (though I've asked for clarification from the admins) that it is something I should be probating or banning people for, just discouraging from being done. I saw links were posted earlier with a NWS warning but no NWS tag which is why I clarified that.

If you want to discuss this further with me feel free to PM and we can discuss it there without disrupting this thread too much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erebus posted:

You should probably check that link out it's pretty hot

I had assumed that was an actual link to the video and was pretty pissed off you were dredging it back up :sweatdrop:

Okay - nobody post any actual links to this stuff, please. Feel free to discuss it all you like, just no links (and again, try not to be creepy).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MotU posted:

did the vid of paige loving the turtle drop yet

A source close to Del Rio said the turtle did not touch Paige

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

Is she doing okay these days? Last I heard she was having legal issues.

I think she got sent back to rehab after a series of DUIs?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dias posted:

...I just came here to talk about the funny SRW stuff, what the gently caress.

I haven't even had a chance to watch it yet :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm not the one who closed the thread but I'm reopening it now.

The Paige discussion is completely throwing everything off, so it's off-limits in this thread now. If somebody really wants to talk about it, make a thread for it - but no links to the videos or pictures.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

starting this moment, from now, from this moment on. this'll be the moment. starting now. of the genesis of wrestlemania

This might be the worst Wrestlemania "season" I can remember. I have to keep reminding myself it's 2 weeks away.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

haha holy poo poo really?

Seriously. I actually did a doubletake myself when I checked the days. We have a fairly good sense of the card but it largely feels like nothing has any momentum.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Move on from the Paige stuff in this thread before I have to hand out more probations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i wonder if people will throw garbage in the ring after roman retires taker

I can't wait to see the video package on Raw the next night where Roman pins Undertaker and it suddenly cuts to all these shots taken from different parts of the night of people cheering/being excited.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The thing that really got to me about the last Raw was they had Undertaker's gong play to distract Roman during his match with Jinder. Then Roman beat Jinder anyway. Then Shawn Michaels came out and said,"You're clearly distracted and that's going to cost you the victory" after just demonstrating that Roman can win in spite of distraction.

I know equating Jinder to Undertaker is ridiculous, but surely the storyline would make more sense if Jinder (who felt like his job was on the line) got a bullshit victory from a distraction, so HBK's warning would actually mean something?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

The thing I am most looking forward to about Wrestlemania is, much like last year, the RR WM thread losing it's mind as the show goes on and on and on and on and on a

Hold on a second... they have advertising during the show... on their own Network!?! :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

We had a parade

:unsmith:

Did he stop by the KFC? :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Keep the Paige discussion to its own thread please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's a thread on it here too, with links to the videos in the first post :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

2.15 million dollars for what amounts to mostly jack poo poo. Here comes the money indeed

Yeah but they're gonna get all that money back when Shane spends it all on Pumas through WWE's new collaboration.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think I mentioned it before, but I used to have a friend who believed ANYTHING so long as it wasn't published by a mainstream publication. Didn't matter what it was, didn't matter how batshit out there it was as an idea - if it was published by anything OTHER than mainstream media then she believed it. The reverse was also true, if the mainstream media reported ANY story it was a lie/cover-up/conspiracy, plain and simple.

It was utterly exhausting trying to talk to her about any subject in the news, but she enjoyed wrestling for a little bit at least :shrug: (yes she believed Montreal was a work)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Maybe he's a big Dean fan.

You know what that means.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

His belt smells like bleach?

Quicklime, plastic and losing betting slips.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a.lo posted:

I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1g9PFtSCKw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a.lo posted:

Classic and legendary song. This also paved the way for nirvana.

I loving love Faith No More :hfive:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

So 2 weeks from this very moment Wrestlemania will be finished

I've never been this not excited for it :smith:

Maybe the stage and set will be cool for entrances at least? I loved the 24 set last time they were at this stadium.

I can't remember, how far out from Wrestlemania did they put Daniel Bryan into the match against HHH with the stip to get into the Orton/Batista main event? Because I remember actively dreading that particular Wrestlemania and it ended up absolutely ruling.

I still hold out hope Shane is gonna introduce his champion Shinsuke Nakamura to take on that dastardly AJ Styles :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Old NXT is worth it for when Barrett gets told to give a speech on the word "Wind," and somehow turns it into gold.

I remember one of the ideas for that first season was that Otunga's strength was in his promos, then it got down to him and Barrett. Barrett went first and just eviscerated him on the mic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Also the phrase "lots of potential" is often seen as a backhanded compliment

Perhaps the best pure athlete on the roster!

• Locked thread