Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
am I too lovely to play your game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

:( I am a busy boy sometimes :(

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

got my PM, confirming I am cold and sad

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

scum always lie ##vote infinitum

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Infinitum posted:

I am really enjoying Megaman Mafia

my feelings are hurt, scumbo :( ##vote Infinitum

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I don't think Pod is mean, don't put words in my mouth on day loving one

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I skimmed 300 posts and Infinitium is being less annoying than usual, which feels weird and not like the Infinitum I have played with before, so my vote stays where it is.

Naptime!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

got some chores tonight posted:

i kinda buy inf as scum

but man gently caress this garbage

I read the thread, came to a conclusion, and left my vote where it was. Do you want me to livestream me reading the thread next time, or will a journal I update on every page be good enough? Or would you rather I reply to arguments that are 120 or more posts old and have already been settled?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

MMT doesn't seem to have a problem reading pages of content and still putting more than two sentences together on how/why she reaches her conclusions vOv

If we all played Mafia the same it would make the games pretty easy to win vOv

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I agree but I also think that the best and most skilled mafia player is taste, so

I am going to engage you in game-playing discussion, in which I am involved in the game, and post some words, and reveal my thought process to you, another player in this game of Mafia, in which we are both engaged in, about your vote about your vote on stickup based on this post you quoted when voting him

this is a stickup posted:

(unless he is counterclaimed there is no reason to suspect he isn't town)

but I went to reread the setup to make sure I remembered everything correctly and I had a thought. Could Lumpen not claim BP miller as scum to set up a narrative where he survives multiple night phases, followed by a day where he announces that his bulletproof status was expended? Wouldn't the real (town) player want to not claim that role in the hopes of taking/baiting a nightkill?

I realize I am a Big Dumb Idiot but the logic seems passible after a readthrough.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The town player may not be of a similar mindset, however, which Lumpen could be gambling on. I gather from his ~status~ in the Mafia community that he's a smart player. So, scum-Lumpen probably wouldn't do this? Unless he's operating at a level above us.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Just read the thread, Infinitum still reeks of scum to me but I don't want to no-lynch, so... ##vote stickup

Also every time I post as I read like Rarity just did I get bitched out, why is that

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

also how do you swerve from "vote stickup" to "lol I hope we nolynch lemme vote that" christ

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Infinitum posted:

gently caress it. Imma put my head on the chopping block.

I'm a versatile backup.

:rolleyes:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We're lynching scum today.

I guarantee it!

Because you have a cop result? Or is this just wishful thinking?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also is it just me or is Infinitium saltier than hr was yesterday?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

i think infi is scum

me too but I'm willing to go with an uncounter claimed cop. I am going to wait to vote to see if one pops up, but...

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tobbs? You just so happen to have investigated the person who claims to have investigated you? Who fakeclaimed cop and, in that fakeclaim, fingered the actual cop?

The odds of this are ridiculous.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Lumpen posted:

##unvote
Welp, since we just have no way at all to determine who is the real Cop, we could leave them both alive. If one of them should die in the night, then the other would be confirmed to be Scum. This would be kind of bad if MMT is the Scum Roleblocker or the SK. I would be willing to lynch Infinitum today instead, and see if we can get another Cop result tomorrow, since surely the Cop will live.

Wouldn't the scum team/SK not kill the real cop in order to keep everyone in the dark?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

is lumpen the worst mafia player of all time? please, someone tell me

his reputation seems to state otherwise but fun fact: in my very first game of mafia I listed out the players I suspected in order of least to most suspicious and someone made fun of me for making a lumpen list, so in my head I have always correlated it with bad play even though I know it's a totally valid tool

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Oh, is the game devolving into the Total Horseshit Shenanigan Hour? Fine, little did you all know this is a bastard setup and I'm actually Super Mega Ultra Cop X. You're all scum, even if your role says otherwise and I'm the only town player. Also I'm a jester/nightkill-jester so hahaha eat poo poo E+ forever

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Lumpen posted:

By the way, if you happen to be the Jailer, and your Jail attempt on someone Failed, then that person is likely to be the SK. The only other explanation would be that the Scum Roleblocker targeted you.

Is the SK unstoppable? Forgive me for asking a simple question, but I'm mobile-posting for a bit.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Lumpen, would a fullclaim be equally as advantageous or better if we do it tomorrow?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Lumpen posted:

I predict Epsilon is the Jailer.

You're right! I jailed inf the first night and chores the second night.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

oh yeah! i shoulda said that my doc on aa failed

sorry its very suspicious that i didn't!!

does anyone else think that chores has made a very sudden tonal shift this game, especially regarding me

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wait is Mr. F = Magnus Gallant? I've been kinda confused for a minute or two now

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Could we not once again vote for one of the VB claimed scums, leaving the two claimed cops for tomorrow? Or is the 50:50 shot better than potentially getting a night out of the cops?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

tbh the more I reread magnus/rarity the more conflicted I am about who to vote.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't see how that can be

yeah well if it ain't occurred to you yet that I'm a dumb idiot, well

news flash: I'm a dumb idiot

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

that means you were jailed by the doofus epsilon plus

nope!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So with no deaths, no roles have transferred. Does this mean we can dispose with "two people claimed, one must be scum" and do some more traditional scumhunting?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I jailed Hal, he posted this list:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Rarity, cpig, infi i would say

and given that we now know Rarity is town and there's a possibility that cpig is scum I thought he might have been soft bussing cpig in the even that cpig flips scum?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

hurp I'm dumb

that was my logic for when I submitted my action but tbh I submitted my action in a bit of a rush and I guess misremembered what had happened?

so I did the good thing for really dumb, spurious reasons I guess? I either protected Hal or stopped him from doing the kill, unless scum hit a doc target instead?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

okay sure why not ##vote Hal Incandenza

these games are tedious when they become 'solved', this is why I like running wacky horseshit role apocalypses

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

do you want to elaborate on this at all, or simply repeat it with the fervor of a jaded teenager circa 2002 with poor understanding of the world

you can present your argument in lovely webcomic form, as a livejournal post or sent to me as a myspace PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Honestly, like I said in my last post, I really hate games that can be "solved" - some more variability might be nice. Maybe something like four out of the five power roles exist at any given time, and when one is killed, a random backup either becomes that role or the one role in "waiting", i.e. there's a Cop, Doctor, Jailer and Tracker, Tracker dies, a VB either becomes Tracker or BP Miller.

• Locked thread