Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - None

"Hmm, well I won't say your wrong, but I will say good luck cuz you'll need it." A little further along, "there's a little shady spot around here she hangs out in sometimes, otherwise I'd check behind the library or in that little stairway cave thing down on E-hall." I round the corner and tip my head vaguely in the direction of the spot. It's across the field from here but I can already smell Angie's scent coming from it. And... Vivians? Weird. "Well, I need to get to practice, but it's just right over there. If she doesn't seem to want company I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell her I told you how to find it. If she does, feel free." I start heading towards the locker-rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: 1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Loner, drained, dangerous, social outcast

I raise an eyebrow at Vivian's offer. It's true, I did want to get back at Erica, but I wasn't sure how yet. Maybe... maybe Vivian can actually help me?

I consider it for a moment, before I give her my answer, "...I'm guessing you have some sort of plan, right? Some plan to humiliate Erica? If that's the case..." I turn to her, "...Then count me in."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Humbled, Paranoid

txt to Hirako, Grace, Megan posted:

See all of you at my car in a few minutes. So much to do~

txt to Grace posted:

I get you being mad or disappointed at me. Just don't want you getting hurt. We can talk about it later tonight?

txt to Grace posted:

Respond please.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: -1 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 2
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions:

A graceful smile spreads across my face at Angie words.

"Excellent, darling! She was on her way out regardless, but I'm glad to have you on board. Two birds, one stone et cetera. I'll need to find a way to best use your particular skills, but I'm positive I can find a way to get a piece of her downfall for you dear. Erica's days of lording over the school are numbered~"

Korina is already proving a fine choice, just for delivering this to me. Hmhmhm~ This is going to be an interesting Valentine's Day.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Roxy: "Thanks." Grace starts hurrying off to go her own way and you head to the lockers. It seems like everyone else is ready - you have the room to yourself as you change. But when you get out to the field, you see Mike and Donny shoving each other around. You can sense the fight that's about to erupt at any moment - they're angry but currently not ready to hurt each other. That's going to change soon and you know it.

Robert is watching, laughing at it. Then he notices you. "Oh poo poo. I mean, hey captain. The two idiots over there started arguing about something and then got into this dumb slapfight. But we were doing the practices you told us about before." What do you do?

Angie: You see Grace heading towards the two of you. She calls out "Angie! Can I talk to you for a minute?" Luckily, she's not close enough to hear what you guys were just talking about. What do you do?

Vivian: You have Angie's assistance now, but looks like Grace wants to talk to her too. What do you do?

Erica: Still no response from Grace. Has she ever done this before? What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - None

Doing a few shoulder stretches, I walk out onto the field with a slight smile - until I see the scene. "Glad to hear it," I snarl the comment at Robert as I walk past, not sure if he picked up on the sarcasm, and close in on my two 'star' players, a low growl building up in my throat as I approach. "What. Do the two of you think you're doing?" Stepping between them, I shove them apart and them take a half step back so I can glare at both of them at the same time. "Is this about the two of you wanting to get your dick wet in Rosa?" Stupid poo poo came to a head faster than I thought, looks like Vivian is out of time to come up with her own plan. I'll just have to shout and smack some sense into them.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"G-grace!?" She... she wants to talk to me? Was she... actually looking for me? It doesn't look like she heard about the deal me and Vivian just made, thank gently caress. "S-sure!" I vigorously nod at her, "I-I wouldn't mind talking with you!" I almost can't believe it. I thought for sure she'd hate me after I basically told her best friend to gently caress off, but I'm not going to complain if she doesn't!

"We'll talk a bit more about this later, alright, Vi?" I day it quietly so Grace can't hear it, and then I rush to her side, and resist the urge to hug her on the spot. "S-so, what did you want to talk about?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Roxy: "No," Donny mutters angrily.

"That's none of your business anyway," Mike says.

"Mike was just busy getting in the way and nearly knocking me over."

"Oh shut the gently caress up," Mike says and starts reaching for Donny again. Luckily you're keeping the two of them apart, but they don't seem to care that 1) you're here 2) practice is supposed to have started by now or 3) that you're getting pissed off at this. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"So that is what it's about then." I'm trying to smile sweetly at them but boy is it noooooot coming. "Okay then boys, you two are going to have to settle your differences like men, or else keep them the hell away from my football field. If you want to try and beat the poo poo out of each other over a girl that's leading both of you on and can't make up her mind which hunk of meat she likes better, then fine, do it, but do it AFTER tonight's game. But I'd suggest you just both go and ask her who she wants to go out with. Now if either of your stupid grudges mess with this match, or any future one, I'll beat seven kinds of poo poo out of you myself, okay? You two are the best players on the team but you ain't worth poo poo if you can't work together. So put it aside and GET BACK TO THE loving GAME!"

[21:38:26] <goshfish> manip Mike/Donny
[21:38:30] <goshfish> !r 2d6+2
[21:38:32] <Krysmbot> goshfish, 4+2 = 6
[21:38:34] <goshfish> oh good

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Roxy: The two of them seem to come to the same conclusion at the same time - they shove you aside and send you sprawling to the ground. At least it's nice and soft, so no injuries for you. Not so much for them though. They start actually punching each other, escalating into the fight that was forming since before you got here.

The two of them deal 1 Harm to each other

You can hear Robert and a few of the other players chant "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" really excitedly. The rest aren't cheering it on, but they're staring. And while you're on the ground, looking at the world upside down, you see sitting on the bleachers...Lucas. Not really doing anything other then eating, but he can clearly see what's going on. What do you do?

Angie: "Hey Angie," she says. "It's just that what with lunch turning out kind of...badly, I figured I'd check to see if you're okay. Look, Erica...she does want what's best for the school. She just sometimes has trouble getting there." Then it seems like Grace gets an idea. "Why don't you come to the party? I'm giving you an invitation so Erica can't turn you down, and you can show her today was just a bit of a mistake. Does that sound good? I know you might not like them right now, but it can't hurt to give one a try right? It's good to get out and meet people if you can. Would you be interested? Just tell her you're sorry about how things went down today and I'm sure she'll be willing to let it go." Is that something you'd be willing to say? What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 1, 2017

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Laying on the ground and staring up at Lucas, I let out a sight through clenched teeth, then jump back upright. Lucas. What was his idea? Tell them to sort it out without fighting, right? Considering they're already fighting... so much for that. "That's - ENOUGH!" I bellow the word at the pair of them, stalking forward and grabbing Donny by the back of his collar, I hurl him away from Mike, then step forward and shove Mike to the ground, leaving them both laying back on the grass just like I was a moment before, but probably in a lot more pain. Which they deserve. "Now." I stalk back and forth between the two of them, glaring down at them, "you have one chance to stop fighting and figure out some way to settle your differences without damaging the team. If you don't you're both off the team. out. FOREVER! And I don't give a single flying poo poo if you can't get into college anymore because your dumbass dicks couldn't stop obsessing over a girl!"

[22:02:43] <goshfish> lash out at dumbass football people
[22:02:49] <goshfish> !r 2d6+2
[22:02:49] <Krysmbot> goshfish, 8+2 = 10
will make them hold steady/freeze up

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Why I simply take my leave, of course. My work here is done, and I have an outfit, or three, to plan out and I can't very well do that here, now can I?

"Grace." I say by way of both greeting and farewell as I leave.

She's most likely here under Erica's direction, some attempt at a reconciliation. Too bad, Erica, she's already mine~

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Maybe Erica would have less trouble if she pulled her head out of her own rear end. "Come to the party, huh?" Going to the party... doesn't sound like a horrible idea, all things considered. Yea, I'd have to deal with being stuck in a room filled with liars, but going to the party might help me get closer to Grace, and it might give me the chance I need to get back at Erica.

The only problem... is apologizing. Apologizing to her would mean I'd have to lie, and that... is something I can't do. There has to be a way I can resolve this without turning myself into a liar. "I... I don't know if I can... but... I'll try," I tilt my head up to look at her, with a soft expression on my face, "I'll try... for you," and for Mother.

"...Hey, Grace, can I ask you something? Why... why are you going through all this trouble for me? You... you know about my reputation, so... why?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Roxy: Robert looks disappointed in the fight ending early, but the chants die down as you hurl Mike and Donny to the ground. They're too stunned and in pain to say or do anything right now but everyone, Lucas included, is silently looking at you now. What do you think of their stares? Sure they had already started fighting, but you just jumped in and injured them even more - can you really afford to do that with the game coming up soon? And can you really afford to kick them out either? What do you do?

Angie: "I think there's more to you then your reputation," Grace says. "You got angry but you didn't hurt anyone at lunch. I don't think you've hurt anyone all day. I'd feel like I failed in trying to make the school better if I ignored people who need help and if I ignored help when I needed it." What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

No, I can't really afford to be down two players before the game, but gently caress it, they were just going to hurt each other as badly as I did to them just now without me, and this way maybe they'll be scared enough to listen. Even so, I'm not going to go back on my threat, if they won't stop fighting they're out, and we'll make down short two of my best players anyway. I'll carry this team through the game myself if I have to. "Well?" I glare at the two of them. "Are you going to stop fighting and figure something out like adults or are you going to leave? Decide. I'm not having this stupid fighting on my team." I turn around to face the rest of the team, all staring at me. "And that goes for you all too, if you have a problem with someone else on the team talk it out with them, or bring it to me so I can help, or a teacher, but don't start fighting about it. The only people I want you hurting are the other teams we play against. Understand?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Humbled, Paranoid

Ughh, dammit Grace. I have too many things to do right now to go track you down - I hope you have fun with Angie, and don't worry, I'll be there to tell you I told you so when she stabs you in the back after you've helped her. Hoping she doesn't literally stab her, obviously, but ruling this school takes a lot of work and I've got to see to it.

Walking towards my car like I mentioned to my friends earlier, people and plans swirling in my head to the beat of my heels on the tile floor, I've a lot to think about. Lets be clear, people are going to crash it, a couple people are going to try and deliberately gently caress it up, other people are gunning for me - I'm not an idiot, and this isn't my first dance with any of this. I've been the top of the totem pole my entire school career, and that's not going to change in a single night despite what anybody thinks. Responding to a couple texts as I contemplate who to invite and how to handle Vivian and Angie and Roxy and a host of others, I fall into a sort of rhythm, daydreaming while I head home about how things are likely to play out and what I need to pay attention to...

<Rauri> Erica Gaze Into the Abyss
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10-1= 9
Confusing visions please.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I rub the back of my neck, and smile nervously, "Oh, hehe, yea..." It's a good thing she didn't see me beat the ever-loving poo poo out of of Blades a few minutes ago. "Well, uh... thanks for trying to help me... I guess?"

My stomach starts to growl, "Uh... sorry. I... didn't really get to eat today because of the... whole thing at lunch..." I reach out to grab her hand, "Would you mind if we... grab something to eat?" I ask her, looking like a lost, hungry stray.

...It really is a shame that someone as wonderful as Grace is friends with a nasty liar like Erica, but she'll soon see the light, and have her eyes opened to truth, like I have, when I take her to Mother after the party.

She'll make a wonderful addition to our family.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Roxy: There's a bit of a silence after your speech, and then Mike mumbles "Fine. Whatever."

"Yeah okay," Donny chimes in. Some of the other players help them get up, and take the two of them off to get treated separately. Robert and Lucas are the only ones still watching you. Robert has a grin on his face - seems like he thinks you did the right thing. "Nice one Roxy. Can't wait to see you slam down some of the opposing losers during the next game!" He grins and slaps you on the back in a friendly manner.

Meanwhile, Lucas just watches as he finishes eating. The expression on his face remains blank. You can't tell what he thinks of how you handled that situation.

Angie: "Of course." The two of you head off to get a rather late lunch for you. You can sense that Mother is now very happy at how things are going.

Erica: You think of all the people who want your approval, want your praise, want your help, want your downfall, want to be your enemies, want to be your allies...it's quite a list. But as you go on through the day, you start putting together details of everyone from how things have gone today.

Roxy? Seems like she won't be much trouble. Not much of a motivation to make this party go bad from her.

Vivian? That's someone entirely different. She took quite a great glee in the fact that you asked for a place to host the party, right? She might find it amusing it things went wrong at your party, but would she go that far?

And finally, Angie. Who is not interested in you at all, but Grace. The danger here isn't to you, it's to Grace. If Angie is as dangerous as she's shown herself to be this afternoon, Grace is going to get hurt. Very likely physically. But how are you going to watch her and the party at the same time?

-----

New scene, all highlights refresh

The week passes by rather uneventfully. There are a few rumors of Roxy attacking her own teammates (who have the injures to back up a story), and Blades comes to school with bandages on his face, still recovering. Other then that though...uneventful. It's the final period of the day - English. The assignment for today is to work together with one other person to create a short story - one of you writes half, the other finishes it. You've all been assigned partners already so you can't get together with a friend if that's what you were planning. The classroom is filled with the sound of writing and the other students mumbling to each other their ideas or the occasional argument.

Angie: Blades has been avoiding you for days, but now you can sense he's been looking at you again like he did like week. Only this time he's probably not going to ask you to hang out. Are you worried? Right now your partner is, naturally, Erica. What do you do?

Erica: What have you been doing over the week to get ready? Regardless, at some point Grace told you she wants Angie to come to the party because she thinks it'll be good for her. Is that something you're willing to accept? And now you're stuck together working on this assignment with Angie. What do you do?

Roxy: How do you feel about the story of what you did getting out? And who on the team do you plan to take to the event once this class is done? But speaking of the class, your partner is Hirako. She started writing something down before you, without really even asking if you wanted to start or finish. But every now and then, you catch her looking at you. What do you do?

Vivian: Your partner is Lucas. Which might be nice, except he's looking over at Roxy. What do you think of the rumors that she got in a physical fight with the team some days earlier? What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Man, I don't even loving care. Like, I'd prefer the story not go around, but at least this way people will know, or think they know, not to mess with me. So it all works out. Practices are going fine as well, so it hasn't really hurt anything, and Jason, who was completely involved with the whole incident has really started to grow into his own. He's a freshman who just barely made it into the main team during tryouts, but I'm not disappointed with him at all, he's really shining. Maybe not next game, but the game after, if I really do have to kick Mike and Donny off, he might be ready to take one of their spots at least, without hurting performance at all. So I'm going to take him along to Erica's party, show him the fruits of his efforts, sort of thing. Oh, and he's hot as hell, so that really helps. I think he's still a virgin though~

As for Hiroko, well... I kick back in my seat, feet stretched out and resting on the back of the chair in front of me, and let her write. I'll do my part, but if she doesn't want to collaborate before hand, then she can just suffer whatever crap I feel like doing. And if she wants to do it all on her own, like the smart little nerd she is, then I have no complaints there. Still, why does she keep looking at me? I wait until the fourth or fifth time she does, I wink at her and grin, lowering my voice so it isn't carrying. "Can I help you? Or do you just like what you see~" I raise my eyebrows suggestively a couple times.

[16:12:46] <GodFish> turn on Hiroko
[16:12:52] <GodFish> .roll 2d6+2
[16:12:53] <Platonibot> GodFish: 12 (2d6+2=6, 4)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh they're probably true. That's exactly the sort of thing I can imagine is need to keep those ruffians in line. Force understands force, after all. I imagine someone stepped out of line and Roxy had to give a simple and direct demonstration of why she is the boss. It was obviously effective, since there hasn't been word of another incident. That sort of control and strength is exactly the sort of reason I've got my eye on her.

Perhaps others are watching for the same reasons.

"Lucas darling, staring like that can give people the wrong idea. Thinking of asking her to Erica's little party, perhaps?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Loner, dangerous, social outcast

I'm not worried about Blades. He's an ant, and just like an ant, I can crush him whenever I want. What I'm actually worried about... is being forced to work with Erica on this stupid assignment. loving hell, why did it have to be Erica of all people!? Grace is right there! Why can't be partnered with her instead!? gently caress, I'd even prefer Roxy at this point over Grace!

That's not even the worst part. The worst part is that I still have to convince her to invite me to her party. I'm sure Grace must've talked to her about it by now, but I dunno how willing she'd be to let me join, especially after the whole shitstorm that happened yesterday. I mean, I could apologize to her for what happened, but gently caress that, why should I apologize for something that isn't my fault!?

Ugh. Whatever, let's just get this loving over with.

"...So," I glance over at Erica, not even trying to hide the displeasure on my face, "We gotta work together, huh? That's..." My eyes move away from her, "...great."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Roxy: Hirako looks up, turns red and fumbles with her pencil, dropping it on the table. "No. I am not," she says to you curtly. "Just...you know. We're working on this assignment right? How are you with this kind of stuff? You're not going to have a problem? I mean, I could maybe write for you but...don't really have a reason for that." She leans back, pretending to think. "Oh! Erica mentioned you were having trouble with uh...what's her name...Rosa!...right? She's coming to the party, yeah? Bring-uh, is she bringing anyone or like, free?" She keeps glacning up around the room and then back at you. What do you make of her babbling? What do you do?

Vivian: Lucas almost jumps out of his seat, before seeing it's you. "Oh! Yeah. Nah, from what I here she has her pick of team mates and I'm fine." He pauses, looking at you. "What about you Vivian? Anyone you're thinking of talking, or getting them to take you? Or just going for a fun solo night?" His tone indicates that none of these are bad (to him at least). He's just wondering what your party plan is. What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Well," I examine my fingernails while I talk, polishing them with a corner of my shirt. "I'm.. not very interested in language arts. I could probably do my half, but it wouldn't be anything special. So if we're not going to sit and plan out exactly what we're doing, whatever I come up with will probably be C, B at best. If you want a good grade, it'd probably be better if you did it all. I don't want to hurt your GPA or anything." After everything she said, I'm really not sure why she was looking at me. The blush says it could be that sh was interested, the babble about the essay could mean she thinks I'm a dumb jock (not totally inaccurate as far as this subject goes) and the bit about Rosa... I don't even know. "I don't know what Rosa is planning. If she takes either Mike or Donny, then it'd at least move the situation forward a bit. If she takes someone else... might solve things. Why, did you want to go with her?" I wink at her again. She's pretty cute.

• Locked thread