Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm honestly curious if anyone can come up with a good answer to this, because last year I had to narrow down my top albums of the year list to 50, while this year nearly every new release I've heard has been a disappointment in one way or another.

Hell, the new Jesus And Mary Chain album came out and it's their first album in 20 years which on paper sounds like it should be incredibly my poo poo, but I'm listening to it now and it's just kind of...there. It's not wowing me or anything.

Bonobo (who I love) put out an album that did nothing for me aside from a couple tracks, and same goes for The Flaming Lips and The Shins and Real Estate and Thundercat. And that new Arcade Fire track ain't anything special.

At least there's new Gorillaz, Ride and Slowdive to look forward to.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RTJ3 would be my favorite album of 2017 too but it came out on Christmas of 2016 so it's not a 2017 album.

• Locked thread