Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
True to his word, Nasav-Utambe infused the meat and innards of the deer with a blessing of health and hardiness, keyed to be transferred on consumption.

Nasav-Utambe's blessing is successful, both Gods can feel he has acted in good faith and that the meat of the deer will do what he said it would.

Wallastra roared into Dalland like a lion, in the full strength of his mandate, backed by Dal's assent and overt assistance. His potent decree echoed with all the weight of the Pantheon, echoing and reverberating with unmatched puissance. Alysidor, stubborn and uncompromising, rebelled against the younger god, and maintained a good show of it for a few moments. Then the very stones of the city spat out his chains, and the manifested deity was bodily hurled far away, far beyond the walls, to the cheers of the beleagured populace, those who still had tongues to cheer with.

Wallastra puts Dalland firmly on lockdown! Anyone other than Him, Lord Dal, Zara and Burb'l will find it exceedingly hard to act within the confines of the city.

Alysidor just got his backside handed to him by a younger deity in spectacular fashion, whilst physically manifested, in front of a bunch of mortals he was trying to castigate, who heard him lambasted by Lord Dal. The embarrassment, shame and humiliation earn him a BP.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Elama-Kasvuu

"Goodness. Things seem rather unsettled over there." It's difficult to miss the... unpleasantness... sweeping through Dalland just now, and there's nothing beautiful about crying tears of blood... but that doesn't mean she should get involved just yet, the Mother judges. Once things settle down a bit, maybe she'll swing by and bless the city with some beauty and fecundity to make the recovery a bit more tolerable.Besides, it looks like there's about to be a Family Argument and she's just not in the mood.

You know what will make me feel better? A visit to my other most devoted worshipers. Elama-Kasvuu smiles happily, pleased to have come up with such a useful distraction. Also, she gets distinctly more green. Orks have their own standards of beauty, and it would be good for their Great Mother to meet them.

Going to visit the largest concentration of Orks around, both to see how they're doing and give them my blessing and also to see, you know, where they are and might be getting up to, that's handy information to have.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oneiro, the dreamer

"What exactly are Dad and Uncle Mard' even doing, are they just trying to see who can maim more mortals, is this some kind of godly contest?"
"Beats me," Elpis told her brother, "but at least now no one cares about your stupid mistake anymore I guess."
"Hey, it's not my fau-"
"Oh be quiet. Hey look it's cousin Wall, haha he is actually trying to reason with dad."
"Huh, sometimes I wonder if we should not know better, being gods and all."
"Says the moron who just messed up and inflamed the whole situation."

Athumos remained silent, for what was there to answer.

"Oh god here come granpa and he's on our cousin's side."
"We could have seen that one coming actually." Oneiro says to themselves as they watch their father get expelled from Dalland. "Let's make ourselves scarce before he remembers our part in the whole thing."

And so it was that the God of Dreams turned their eyes back to Tel Shirath. Elpis dove into the bliss of the optimists, the newly-weds, the newly-rich and the sapsmokers, the dreamers that inhaled the vapors of poppy sap. Athumos reveled in the misery of the pessimists, the widowers, the expelled and the wretches looking for more sap in the trashheaps of smokedens.

A great number of fates were changed that day but as always the people of Tel Shirath did not notice, Oneiro worked in his usual subtle way. Some of the more clever mortals realized that their dreams were strange, but it was common knowledge that Tel Shirath spawned strange dreams. It was common knowledge that the original town had been built by an old, advanced and extinct race, but that some of their spirit was still present in the stones of Tel Shirath, wasn't it ?

Then Oneiro noticed them, a new presence on the surface of this earth. Curious he turned his eyes on the driders.
"Have you ever seen something quite like it sister?"
"They look like spiders and smell like Asher."
"Where did he keep them until now, how did we not get to play with them?" Athumos seemed almost offended. It was not nice to be selfish dammit.

Oneiro observed the newcomers.

"Do they even dream? We do not know." They sounded uncertain. "We have never seen them in the Dreamscape, but that is a very vast expanse. We should definitely try to play with them, it is only fair. If they dream, we have a claim to those dreams."

Oneiro quickly noticed Huanatora's blessing that was guiding the arachnids and out of respect for their kind aunt they decided to let Elpis have the first go at making driders dream. Elpis' dreams tended to be more appreciated by the other gods.

And so it was that Elpis coaxed a young drider into the Dreamscape that night. Uncertain of what to expect she spent a long time observing the creature and its dream. The Dreamscape solidified into long strands of silver thread, into moons rising and falling, sparkling a silver light off the myriad of strands. Elpis did her best to guess at what would inspire hope in the future in such a creature. She amplified the light, she made all the moons be full, she spun and weaved the threads into pleasing nets and wondered if and how this would impact the creature's mind.

Oneiro tentatively prods a spider. Hope [+2] but also Child's Envy [-2] because Oneiro has no clue what they are actually doing but they sure as hell are gonna do it because driders are new and shiny

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 18, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zara-Rakhni

Seeing the results of their search, Zara is pleased. The source of the strange trouble in Dalland isn't quite apparent, but the many burning hearts in the city are satisfying to the god of passion; while they still find the way Dal manages the city backwards, it works well enough. Better than areas blessed by certain other family members, to be sure.

What's happening between their family here is also satisfying, in a different way; while the carnage that occurred was disgusting and pointless, their son and Dal working to banish Alysidor from the city by force pleases the god of flames immensely. They briefly consider assisting, possibly by melting the chains he's holding himself here with, but they decide against it; as tempting as it is to sabotage Alysidor, it seems hardly necessary here. Besides, no need to steal the glory from Wallastra, or risk Father getting irritated for some reason.

Instead, Zara keeps their attention on the individuals they located, focusing particularly on ones with connections to the underworld or the legal system and setting aside (though remembering) those who don't, since the rumors target those areas the most. Invisibly, the god observes people across the city, watching their current chosen subjects as they move through the city, looking for any signs that they might be the cause of the trouble in Dalland. (Or at least, the trouble that wasn't caused by their siblings bickering.)

-

Meanwhile, in the Divine Manor, there's a burst of fire as Zara-Rakhni manifests, the resulting pillar of flame only barely humanoid with the suggestion of a head and shoulders at the top of it. The god looks down at Asher, before the fire begins to swirl and shrink, before clearing and revealing a human-seeming figure standing there, one who looks like they could be from Zara's realm: Female, dark skin, white robes, and bright jewelry and accessories. "Well, this is surprising, you calling for me," Zara says, smiling and brushing some hair aside as they walk up to Asher. "Does it have anything to do with you finally letting your spiders out of the nest, by any chance? I approve, by the way; your people have so much potential they could contribute to the world, and their being hidden away for so long was a great shame." The god of flames speaks warmly and genuinely to their fellow deity, lacking and seemingly unaware of the animosity the other feeling for them.

Regarding the situation in Dalland, Zara isn't taking action there. Just watching the individuals who seem more likely to be a part of this, based on stuff like connections, life circumstances, and such. Keeping an eye on things, ruling out people who obviously can't be responsible, and so on. Probably won't get immediate results, but it might show interesting things nevertheless.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 18, 2017

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Asher

Asher narrowed his eyes, wondering if Zara was putting him on. He hunkered down and stared at the floor for a moment as he collected hios thought, as well as to avoid looking at Zara. He hated Zara with a passion, this was true. But their was also the close link to Elama and the female form before him was not helping dispel that tie.

"...Yes. I wish to make this quick. I ask that you grant a servant of mine a blessing. She wishes her children to have success in their lives. I swore I would do this. Name your price."

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Marduk watched with horror as blood ran in the city of Dalland, red rivers flowing briskly through the streets. A city of mained people who could still talk and see and sing was, of course, preferable to a city where all was blood and wailing, and noone saw or sang or spoke. Dal and Wallestra put up their wills against him, and Marduk felt their words push against him. He concidered staying, pushing against their combined powers to bless the many mortals in the city for their worth and their sacrifice, their victory in spurring Alysidor. But no... it would not be a battle he could win. Instead, he turned to the two, to Dal and Wallestra
"So be it. But the people of Dalland have proven themselves worthy manytimes over in their bloody victory. Say but the word, and i will make manyfold their blessings, long their lives and deep their fortune, that the city may be restored. I... underrestimated the desperation of the people and the cuelty of alysidor."

This said, he rose into the air and sped west as a wind. There, at a mountain peak to the west of The Forrest of Leaves-like-silver-gleaming-in-the-night-to-challenge-the-stars-and-outshine-the-moon, the first drider adventurers had come. They had emerged from the eastmost cavern of the driders and made their way towards the mountains eversince, an stood now upon a snow-topped peak, awed by the view of the world. More awed, though, when Marduk, in the guise the drider knew him by, that of a drider gliding upon his own web, descended before them, but did not touch the ground. They were close to throwing themselv before him in prostration, but thought better of it. Marduk spoke to them.
"Noble adventurers! Far have you come from the grottos and caverns beneath the earth, far have you come now, beneath the sky. I, Marduk, the liberator, commend you. You have freed yourselves of the contraint of the low cielings and hanging rocks of the earth, and may yet free yourself of greater chains. I have heard your souls call out in wonder and awe, and grant you a boon, with more to come."
He raised his hands in blessing and knowledge streamed into them. Map layouts, knowledge of forgotten languages, sigils, traps and... web-weaving techniques?
"i have given you knowledge. Secrets, dating to the third rebirth of the lantis, the ever-reborn city. Forgotten for millenia, an artifact lies beneath the city's lowest depths, unfound by each generation after it as they rebuild and lived within the city. With it, an ancient library of untold wisdom and lore. With the artifact and the hidden knowledge, you can far surpass your current limitations, and your exploration may continue forever, your souls may soar and your eyes will see the unseen. I have given you knowledge that you may conqour the traps and hidden depths of that place, and blessed you with techniques with which you may use your webs to carry you there. The rest i leave to you, if you be worthy."

Giving a group of driders Insight +4 into the traps and hidden dangers of the depths of Lantis, and Blessing +2 them with the ability to use their webs as boats and go deep under the ocean procted by web-cocoons

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Orcs, amongst with many of Elama-Kasvuu's more monstrous byblows, lived along the northern coast. At the moment, the largest cluster was in the village to the north of the moon-scarred tor, where a number of tribes had gathered for what seemed to be an impromptu giant celebration. For it was not only the Orcs present, but a substantial nomadic troupe of Driders, who seemed to be getting along famously with the greenskinned barbarians. They appeared to be guests of honour, treated with the sort of brutish respect the Orcs reserved for those they genuinely liked.

The celebrations kicked up a notch as her presence became sensed, the Orcs ecstatically chanting, "El-Mak-Soo! El-Mak-Soo! El-Mak-Soo! Mother of Many, Bringer of Babies, El-Mak-Soo!"

They seemed happy to see her, taking it as a sign their positive interactions with the Driders were favored.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Elama-Kasvuu

"Children! So good to see you all! And you're making friends, that is wonderful!" Elama-Kasvuu wends her way through the celebration, smiling and granting her blessing to those who she deems fit, all while wrapping herself in an aura of jaw-dropping Beauty [+2]. She greets the Driders, vaguely recalling that they're fairly new in the neighborhood and that it would be appropriate to give them a housewarming present.

And so, as the celebration rolls on, Elama gives the greatest gift she knows to give, settling a haze of Lust [+2] over the proceedings, as well as her blessings of great Fecundity [+4]. Because what's better than Orks and Driders? More Orks and Driders.

And if some of the Orks and some of the Driders decide to try crossbreeding, well, so much the better, because Orks Wif Spider Legs sound pretty neat!

She'll be gone by the time they all wake up, of course; she's a busy Goddess, she has a lot to do. But she'll be smiling, because turning a random gathering of monsters into Monster Prom and then spiking the punch is a good day's work by anyone's measure.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Vaalystion

This will not stand. Other gods meddling with Glyphs is an offence Vaalystion can not tolerate. The old man can fumble around as he pleases, but explicitly denying power to something out of his Domain is unacceptable. The power of the Glyphs will not be denied.

Vaalystion uses his mastery of Glyph Magic [+4] to restore the power of glyphic magic in Dalland.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Lord Dal

With a bit of a huff, Lord Dal said, "Yes yes, I don't much care about your silly magic anymore."

With more strange words thundering down - definitely not those of his frustrations - Dal ended the Decay of magic within Dalland. Maintaining it would be pointless, and the last thing he needed was another child trying to meddle because their most-holy knickers were twisted.

Rather than rolling or anything, Dal is just using his inbuilt reversal from his magic-decaying action so that Vaalystion won't need to oppose him and Wallastra.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Alysidor
BP: 1

And so, as Alysidor was blown away by the powers of his kin, did the chains disintegrate into the wind, as Alysidor took more essential form once again. What mortals thought was irrelevant. Happenings like this dotted myth, and in gerenations to come this would be talked about but in muddled story and legend. Yet it was still a waste of his time. And those responsible would be punished. And with such thoughts, Alysidor made his way west.

"Brother", he stated, "You would seek to meddle in my work, yet presume to get away with it? No. Such trampling of my authority I will not allow", his arm swung, finger pointing towards Dalland, now closed to them, "The blood of the populace flows, rightfully for they spat against their creators. Yet this by your doing that it flows for nothing. Due to your insolence nothing has been gained by such work."

An ethereal clang rings in the aether, as Alysidor prepared his binds, "And for this transgression, I shall bind you to this essence, to endure its slow descent to the ocean, to remind you against such waste in the future."

"Submit for your chastisement."

OOC: Bindings [+4] and Punishment [+4] to have Alysidor chain Marduk's essence on the blood flowing in the streets of Dalland until it finds itelf in the ocean and disperses. Rightful punishment to the younger brother for interfering in Alysidor's work. A lil' bit of a humbling time-out :v:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Foltz the Patient

The drider incursion resolved, Foltz returned to the Field of Contemplation. He swept his long limbs through the wheat, pleased by the predictable way they folded at his touch. Peace and quiet again... almost. Of late, the prayers flooding in from his Patient in Dalland had grown more impassioned, even from his veteran priesthood. Evidently, something dramatic had happened in the city. He tuned into the calls of his faithful, gleaning in the merest instant the essence of the conflict between Gods and the mortals who were ground to dust in their passing. Foltz clicked his tongue and manifested his power within one of his Patient, hoping to gain a mortal's view of the situation... and was surprised to find the world dark and painful, their eyes put out as part of some fool ritual. He tried again a further two times, finally finding a child who had been spared the mutilation. What he saw disgusted and saddened him, and he vowed to provide some stability in the blighted place.

The Patient God granted the child a great Resilience, imploring them to keep the faith and to preach to those that would listen that salvation and comfort would come to those who kept their cool. This, too, would pass, and peace would reign again over this great city!

Making use of his Resilience [+4] domain to grant his Patient the ability to withstand the peril and madness of the situation in Dalland - and the ability to pass the blessing to others who stay calm in the face of terror

good god (ha!) this game moves fast

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Marduk turned from the driders he had sent off and met Alysidor. Upon his brother's words, Marduk rolled his eyes.
"By my blessing, the blood flows now for freedom, where it would have flown only for tyranny and cruely. Those that would have been blind may see, those that would have been mute may speak. But you have been... Chastised, sent away by our nephew like Burb'l sends the rats scurring when he cleans the basement, and you would take out your wounded pride on me. No. I refuse you. I do not submit."
Marduk held out his hand, straining against Alysidor's attempts to chain and to control him.

Marduk resists Alysidor with his Strength to the needfull +2 which is the only thing i can see using here.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zara-Rakhni

Watching the wolf-man shift around awkwardly, Zara considers his request. They were likely to attempt to influence some of the driders anyway, so this request is rather in line with their goals. They almost feel bad asking for a favor in return for it, really.

Almost.

"Well, I can't outright guarantee success in life, but none of our family can, which is why you've come to me I assume. So, inspiration, talent, some willpower and drive to see their plans through... Does that sound about right? Presumably somewhat subtle with the latter gifts; I doubt your priestess wants her children fundamentally altered or forced to behave or feel a certain way.

"As for my price... Well, there's nothing I can think of at present; I'll just call upon you when I need some assistance in the future. Does that sound fair?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Asher

"...Acceptable." Asher stood and looked into Zara-Rhakni's eyes. He refused to flinch away from the primordial flames he saw within., though his composure was clearly hanging by a thread. Across his face, blood red eyes formed and stared blankly before vanishing once more. Not an uncommon sight - and with the revelation of the drider, the reason for that strange nervous tic became clear.

He dearly wished to rail against his senior. Scream his fury into its face and tear open that throat and bathe in the blood. Yet he could not. The favor had been granted yet could just as easily be revoked. And no matter the depths of Asher's bitterness, he could not truly cause his fellows harm. If anything, Zara might add to the insult by simply laughing at such an attempt.

So he choked back his anger and against all instinct, inclined his head.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Oneiro sent its optimistic half into the dreams of a young Drider. It took a while to acclimate to the formerly hidden, alien mindset, but being the God of Dreams, it was largely a formality. In short order, she is able to incept hope and good cheer into the Spiderkin.

Uncontested due to not going against the protection upon the Drider, easy due to fulfilling mandate within demesne, just about successful.

Zara-Rakhni observes the Judges and the Thugs, those pledged to Dal, the barrier of the lockdown granting them leave to do so. A fascinating group of peoples to be sure, but as they watch, it becomes ever clearer that the epicentre is not among them.

Marduk grants a quest to the Drider adventurers! A Quest to the lost, lost, lost, lost, indeterminably lost city of Lantis, however recently Burb'l had tried to rebuild it. Questing for an ancient artifact dating back as far as the third rebuild, deep beneath the rubble under the rubble that the rubble of yet another prior version had been reduced to. It would not be easy nor quick, but the Drider expedition to Lantis had been commissioned, and would go forth.

Marduk uplifts the Driders without problem, an act within his demesne in accordance with his mandate. The pleasant glow of doing so is a fitting accompaniment to the sight of the Spiderkin getting underway.

Elama-Kasvuu ensures that as the party goes on, it becomes her kind of party, Orks and Driders commingling ever closer, with a little touch of that special something she gave to their ancestor Priapus. Suffice it to say after a thoroughly pleasant night, a healthy number of what would come to be known as Sporks were kindled...

Elama-Kasvuu successfully creates a new species at the crossroads of Ork and Spiderkin. These Sporks as strong, rowdy, multilimbed and web-spinning, with plentiful eyes.

Vaalystion, in high dudgeon due to the severing of magic, summons up his reserves of power to restore it... only for his Father-Grandfather to notice him and dismiss his suppression. All's well that ends well?

Alysidor, in a fit of petulance and pique, takes out his sadism and abject failure on the sibling that inspired so many to self-mutilation.Though Marduk resists in accordance with his mandate, The Oathkeeper is successful in binding him, at least for a time, to the blood swift flowing towards the sea.

Alysidor rolls poorly, Marduk rolls worse.Time for a scenic river cruise.

Foltz tries to defy the Lockdown on Dalland, trying to reach through to his faithful, but it is laborious going, a tough struggle even for a God. Eventually he makes brief headway, since his intent is in line with the zeitgeist of the blockade even without permission, and thinks he was successful in touching the young Patient. Hopefully that will be enough.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 19, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zara-Rakhni

"Very well then," Zara says, meeting the wolf's shifting gaze for a few moments, before their humanoid form is engulfed in flame, no sign of the god remaining after it clears. The god of fire's gone to fulfill their end of the bargain.

Given the priestess's prominence among the driders, locating her is a simple matter. After some time observing for a moment, to get a fuller idea of what it is she wants for her children, the god continues on; from her, Zara then makes their way to her children, considering them and their thoughts, their feelings, their passions and dreams, before bestowing their gift among the spiders. While perhaps slightly altered for each child, based on their particular desires and dreams, the general gift they receive is the same: Creativity and cleverness, talent in the areas they wish to pursue, skill with words and expressing themselves (Zara believes that you need at least some social prowess to be successful in society), and the inner strength and will to endure life's hardships and see their dreams achieved.

Not a guarantee of success and happiness in life, perhaps, but about as close as you can get, short of possessing vast sums of wealth. Hopefully they use their gifts well; even setting aside the priestess's wishes, Zara is interested in the drider's first venture into the greater world. They see a lot of potential in this people, and want it fulfilled to its utmost.
-
With the knowledge that the culprit isn't among the judges or thugs of Dalland, Zara alters their focus, following other individuals they had found with their search instead, while considering the implications of this revelation. Not a member of the classes they're targeting, looking to gain power over their rivals or something similar; are they out for revenge, perhaps? Or do they have a greater cause that's driving them to disrupt the balance of power in the oldest city? Whatever they may be, Zara is fascinated; individuals with so much ambition and so little sense are always the most interesting to watch.

Using Passion [+2] and Inspiration [+2] to gift the priestess's offspring with brilliance, talent, and the inner strength to put them to use and resist life's hardships. Acting within their Mandate (inspiring people to greatness, encouraging change through them, and all that) and with Asher's permission to act in his realm/affect his people.

As for the search in Dalland, it continues; outside of rolling Passion again, there isn't an action Zara could take here, so they're just keeping up the search among those they marked already, taking into account that it's not one of the judges or thugs doing this and looking at other people instead.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Secutor - Muse of Revenge

Chainsmith, Foe to All the Treacherous, will you let your pursuit of Just Punishment be thwarted so easily? You may have bested your sibling momentarily, but to submit to the chastisement of your Mother's Father, punished as if you were a mortal child who neglected his chores -- surely you will not abide such an affront to your Mandate, will you?

As for you, Scutum Polis, Protector of the Citizenry, you may have restored a semblance of peace to the city of Dal, but the damage to its people -- to your very Purpose For Being -- yet remains. The perpetrators may have fled like cowardly dogs, spurred on by your lash, but surely you do not think that your obdurate siblings will give up their desire to inflict such harm again and again, unless you stand in their path to stop them? What, then, can be done to strike them in return, to ensure that they once and for all learn respect for your Mandate?

Seer of the Gods, Scriber of Glyphs, Lord Dal may have consented to allow you the exercise of your Mandate once again, but why, pray tell, should He be the one to determine how and where your Magic shall be expressed? If you await his permission like the Servant-God Burb'l, how are you truly Master over that which you claim control? As surely as you are the All-Wise and All-Seeing, must not Dal Himself be made to see that you shall countenance neither the approval nor the rescinding of your Mandate from any other?

And last but not least (or so He would like us to think) is The Ancient One. He Who Was Before All Gods, one of your incorrigible Spawn has seen fit to enter your Demesne and declare himself the de facto Arbiter of Truth there, right under your nose. Are you really going to let him get away with that? What is this Pantheon coming to?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Oralee - Muse of Invention

After farting into existence in a cloud of ozone and smoke, the muse giggle and points to the assorted carnage hovering over Dalland. "Whew, someone made a big ol' mess here, but no worries, with just some slight modifications and placement of these sluice gate designs at strategic points of the aqueducts, we can literally clean up this rotten town by strategically flooding out the cancerous bits covered in offal! Which one of you big'uns has the stones to order their underlings to give the city the scrubbing down its needed for aeons?"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Elama-Kasvuu

Back in her Pleasure Dome in the Divine Realm, Elama-Kasvuu looks down upon the results of her work with undisguised glee. "That was a great party," she tells a nearby servitor; she has no idea what the fellow's name is. Robert? Rodney? Roly-poly? It doesn't matter, she calls them all 'Sweetheart' anyway, they're basically interchangeable in her eyes. "Find me some of the more interesting prayers, Sweetheart."

Prayers to Elama-Kasvuu are typically handled by her Servitors. It's not that she doesn't care about them, it's that they tend to be all so very same-y. "Help my wife have a child." "Help my husband find me attractive again." "Help my farm animals have babies so I don't starve in three years." Yawn. And so her Servitors are under specific orders to handle the usual day-to-day prayers themselves, just so the monotony doesn't get to her. But sometimes prayers don't meet any of the established guidelines, and so Elama-Kasvuu has her servants collect them (written in elegant calligraphy on scrolls of the finest vellum) and, every so often, bring them to her for personal review. Sometimes there are some interesting ones that require her personal attention; maybe there'll be one of those today.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Marduk cursed and cussed in the divine language, buckled and strained against his brother's action, but nothing did it help, and he got bound to the essence of the blood of those that had suffered in Dalland. It flowed into the lake an pooled, flowing only slowly into the sea, and Marduk could not stray from it. He called on the winds and the rains in frustration, but to no avail. Dalland was within his reach, but protected from him by Wallastra and Dal. It was... unpleasant, but Marduk was not without recourse. At the mouth of the river, where the blood, and his chains, had just reached, was a settlement, a citystate of the Argidian League. It also borderd The Forest of Leaves-like-silver-gleaming-in-the-night-to-challenge-the-stars-and-outshine-the-moon. This was... an oppotunity. The Forest of Leaves-like-silver-gleaming-in-the-night-to-challenge-the-stars-and-outshine-the-moon had more than a few hidden dangers, but among the fortress-tress in the middle was vast knowledge that would be valuable to the city. Knowledge of wooden magics, of how to treat the silver leaves to turn them into outstandingly beautiful and hard metals, knowledge of herbalism, medicine, alchemy and much more. But the way to those trees, cities each, within the forest, that path was dangerous, beset by monsters, wild magics, dangerous traps and plants that could kill a man with a single misstep. And yet.. if trade happened, the seekers of apotheosis in the fortress-tree in the middle would have far greater access to knowledge and skills from outside, and their search for apotheosis would be accelerated. And those outside would be exposed to their skills and ideas as well, allowing the search fro true liberty to spread beyond the forest. Perhaps such news would be well-taken in nearby dalland, where those who saw without sight and spoke without tongue might well seek to liberate the rest of their senses from their flesh.

Marduk waited until the night fell, and stretched out his hand over the traders, foragers, hunters and others within the city, sending them visions of the riches and knowledge within the forest, as well as visions of the traps, dangers, wild magics and monsters on the route and the way to triumph over each.

Granting Insight [+4] into the dangers and possible gains to be made in The Forest of Leaves-like-silver-gleaming-in-the-night-to-challenge-the-stars-and-outshine-the-moon to the traders and similar in the city at the mouth of the river flowing from dalland.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Asher

It was done. Zara even managed to sound magnanimous - not that it would help. A reckoning was still to come, of that there was no doubt.

---

In his priestess' dreams that day, Ashe appeared before her. A colossal silver spider clinging to a web, the beast rune emblazoned in crimson upon its abdomen.

"It is done. Go this night to my tower and take what you find there to your home. Gather your children and your children's children and share the beast's life-blood, and know that your line is blessed in my sight. When it is done, do not return to your vigil. You have served me well and it is time for another to take up your mantle. Your grand-daughter will take your place, that you may rest all your remaining days in the sure knowledge that you have done your duty."

This last was not truly strange. He demanded devoted service from those in his direct service, but he did not demand all the days of their lives. She herself had taken up her role at the retirement of her predecessor. If he recalled, that woman had lived another fifty years until her predilection for sweets and cakes had caught up with her.

Having taken care of this matter, Asher will retire back to his den and resume his vigil. The world was be watched, and things must come to their natural end - starting with his priestess' service. Guardian [+4] and Endings [+4] to oversee his proper duty, not interfering with the doings of the other gods for the time being. He will take specific note of this blessed bloodline of Drider, however, and watch over their comings and goings. And while he is curious as to the motivations of his brothers and sisters adding their own flourishes to the Drider migration, he shall not interfere with them so long as their interest is benign.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Vaalystion

The unpleasantness in Dalland has ceased to be interesting, and there are more pressing matters. This new people that Asher kept hidden need to be shown the way to Knowledge, so that they can partake of the power of the Glyphs. It is time to send some of the Quill's more adventurous members among the Driders, and teach the ones who show promise, while taking care to keep knowledge safe from those who wish to wield power without working for it.

Vaalystion manifests his will in Presages [+2] sent to the Quill, and bids them to go and teach among the Driders. As usual, they will have to be Secretive [-2], possibly hindering their teaching mission.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Asher's Priestess is profoundly humbled by his visitation and by the realisation of his promise, with the faintest hint of bittersweetness in the end of her part in the vigil, knowing that she will not serve her God in this way again. Nonetheless, the satisfaction and blessing of a good, clean ending as decreed by Asher is in itself a plentiful and munificent reward, quite beside the magnitude of the blessing upon her family. Regarding her deity with love and gratitude,

"Thank you, my Lord and my God. May it be as you have said."

Zara-Rakhni's blessing upon the line of the Priestess is strong and potent: Together with the gift from Nasav-Utambe and the benediction of Asher himself, the Ashertouched familial line of Driders will be at the forefront of the species for generations to come.

As Asher continues his own vigil, the pleasing sensation of duty well-performed suffuses him.

Following divine mandate within his own demesne, automatic success.

Marduk, his essence firmly bound by his brother to the blood spilt in Dalland, was drawn downstream towards the mouth of the river and eventual freedom, at an irksomely slow pace, especially for a deity so fundamentally linked to freedom and liberation. That he chose not to be idle and strove to follow his mandate despite the temporarily confining circumstance was to his credit: His efforts were successful, the idea of seeking out riches and testing themselves out against the dangers of the forest catching alight across the minds of the young and daring as well as the old and acquisitive. It is not long before plans are afoot to begin adventurous explorations.

Marduk is successful in granting insight to the people of this Argidian League city, who will now look to the southeast for resources and exploration.

Vaalystion sends out members of the Quill to make outreach to the Driders. In this he is aided by the ongoing blessing of Huatanora and Foltz, since the knowledge of Glyphic magic would aid in their survival, and as this is the first contact between those of the Marshes of Rak and those from beneath the Moon-Scarred Tor. With the goodwill of four gods, the encounter is highly successful, and the Driders prove to be apt pupils, adept at weaving glyphic magic in new, silken forms.

Vaalystion achieves his aim of passing along the teachings of his magic to the Driders. Drider-Quill relations are off to a strong and mutually beneficial start.

Elama-Kasvuu asks one of her little sweethearts if any new and interesting prayers that stand out from the usual torrent have arisen, and her servitor is delighted to offer her a scroll of the finest vellum, on which is written, in elegant and beautiful calligraphy so as to be pleasing to the eye of she who defines beauty,

A supplicant stranger paying respects at the Pavilion of Blessed Delight posted:

Great mistress of beauty, fount of life and love, I beseech you. Let your passion and drive fill the hearts of the unemployed, eager young tyros of your wondrous city of Hedelmalisis, that they might join me in a bold venture northwards! I have promised them spouses amongst the spoils of victory once we are successful in your name, let them lust after that thought, and be guided by their passion and desire to stride forth in my service, taking that which we claim, and giving you honour, glory and praise as we do so. Let it be clear this venture has your blessing, and the hundreds I seek shall be thousands, an unstoppable force...

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

As the last pint of blood disolved into the ocean itself, Marduk raised himself high and, in jubilation of his freedom, flew like a wind around the world, and into the word above and down unto the world, seeking Huatanora. Finding her, he floats down to just above the waves.
"Atrocity occured in Dalland, and rivers unto rivers of blood poured into the streets, and into the river, and from there, the ocean. If they catch its scent, i fear the terrors of the Deep Abyss may follow it to the shore. I... apologize for the actions of me and my brother inconveniencing you. If you need anything, say the word, and i will try to repay you."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I've fallen quite behind! Sorry.
;

The turtle goddess nodded at her half brother. Forgive me my harsh words, Foltz. I know you did what you believed it be best. But my heart hurts still. After this apology, she took leave of her plumed relative's realm and dove back into the pool, reappering with a silvery shimmer in the mortal world.

She was welcomed with a chorus of bloody screams and gnashing of teeth. Gasping, she turns towards the sources of the screams; Dalland. The situation in grandfather's metropolis has grossly degenerated in the meantime: only now it is winding down, and with her family's red-handed guidance, it has done so in a brutal and shameful fashion. It is quite far from her territory, and possibly quite a deviation from her mandate, but... perhaps, had she been faster, she could have been of some help.

Right on cue, she sees Marduk, announced by the excited screaming of the wind (the wind's a big fan of Marduk; he's apparently considered a dreamboat by most flying things), bringing her confirmation of her fears. She nods at the champion of humanity. Thank you for the warning, brother. Should I need your help, I will no doubt call upon you. But now I must continue my guard.

And so Huatanora continues her travels, listening to the stories the waves bring her for any hint of activity coming from the Deep Abyss, trying not to think about the slaughter that happened.

Huatanora is going to invoke both her Protection +4 and Sea +2 domains to do her job and protect the world from submarine menaces. If it makes sense for such an easy roll to be penalized and still give me a BP, I would also like to invoke Humanity's Firend -2 as she is distracted by the recent massacre.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Wallastra

After seeing the unwanted presence of the other gods pushed out of the city, Wallastra surveyed the damage dealt. No damage to the city itself fortunatly but a lot of damage to it's people, Something like this would need Burb'l's touch more then his to restore this problem.

He was here on other errands.

"Aylsidor said that none of the Judges or Thugs had broken their oaths? Then perhaps it was a manufactured rumour." He flexed his will out to the populace, a gentle touch in the mind of every civilian from the bottom up. "Rumours tend to be started somewhere, so let us see where this one started."

Wallastra is going to attempt to find the source of the Rumours by going through the recent (not the most recent ones of horribly getting mutilated of course) to find the point where the rumour was first started. This will be just using Vox Populi [+4] for this.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Elama-Kasvuu

Hmm. Elama-Kasvuu considers the map; they want to head north? Well, sure, there's nothing there she cares about that much. Oh, she supposes there might be things that don't want their land invaded, but really, life works that way sometimes. Things have to be destroyed to make way for new things to be created. Also, it was a well-written prayer, and she's a sucker for those. Handing the scroll back to her Servitor, she tells him, "thank you, Sweetheart; go have some fun in the pleasure gardens for the rest of the day, won't you?" before focusing her Divine Will on Hedelmalisis.

As this supplicant exhorts the people of that city for his Crusade, his voice will be filled with the most glorious golden tones; as the days pass he will find himself standing taller and straighter, blemishes on his skin fading with the touch of her divine power. The idea of spouses just ready to be claimed shall fill the minds of those who hearken to his call, granting them strength and focus. Their Lust [+2] for these potentially fruitful unions and the Fecundity [+4] that will arise from the ravages of war shall suffuse them, and Elama-Kasvuu shall be with them in spirit.

What's the worst that could happen?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oneiro, the dreamer

So the spiders do dream. Oneiro decided they would have to keep an eye on them, there was fun to be had there. For now however their eye was drawn to Hedelmalisis. A crusade into the north, to fight the orc tribes ? Elpis and Athumos just had to meddle in that. War was a savage thing, hopes and despair clashing over and over until one triumphed.

War was also a plodding and boring thing, a lot of preparations before the exciting clash of weapons and men. Maybe the whole thing could be hurried along a bit.

And so it was that the main instigators of the crusade had a particularly deep dream that night. They found themselves in amidst a huge battlefield, stretching as far as the eye could see. A young girl stood among the bodies and she took them by the hand and led them onto a small nearby hill. Their pennants were floating upon that hill and each of them saw the others standing beneath the pennants. As they crested the hill, the young girl showed them that the battle had been a crushing victory, the bodies at their feet were enemy corpses, their own losses ridiculously small.

This could only be a good omen, right?

Elpis hurries things along. Overconfidence[+2] Hope [+2] to try and skip all the boring preparation stuff and go straight to the fun bits.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Alysidor

Alysidor, in his usual way, stalked the aether between worlds. His domain, the domain that chained together the heavens and the earth, and in so doing, he cast his judgemental eye over and across all creation. And so it came to be, that his unblinking gaze fell down on this new people. These driders. These creatures that had formerly been bound to their mountain, chained by tradition, and shackled by the fear of the unknown. But now it had come to pass that Asher had broken these chains. In an attempt to free the creatures, perhaps. So thought Alysidor.

"But there is no creature", said Alysidor, "That is truly free or devoid of bounds. This, they must know."

And so Alysidor reached down to the creatures. Not in kindness, not in friendship. He brought no gift or salutation. All he brought was the grim statement of facts. The fact that oaths bind. The fact that Gods bind. The fact that he punishes breakers of both binds, and that the souls of all that live and then die must first pass by his realm and be subject to his gaze.

The most important fact he brought also: it mattered not if they thought him just. It mattered not if they thought him cruel. All that mattered that they knew him inevitable.

And to those among them who were most receptive to his word, he gave his teachings in full. And they would be the Lawspeakers among the driders, for all species and all societies were required to have them. There were not many, of course. The calling of Alysidor was not glamorous, and in many ways it was spartan and thankless. But of course, Alysidor needed not many.

All he needed was enough to remind the rest.

OOC: Bindings [+4] to establish Lawspeakers among the driders. Not too many (the Lawspeakers are a rather diffuse lot), and he is not seeking any real influence over the species as a whole. Just enough that they become established enough and that the driders are kept posted about this Alysidor dude.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 22, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zara-Rakhni

Silently observing the effects of the combined blessings on the priestess's line, Zara-Rakhni contemplates the future of the driders. They've received multiple blessings from the other gods; more aid there, at least at present, likely wasn't necessary. The spiders would do well.

The next matter was how the rest of the would would receive them; while some people, particularly those in places like the League, the Free Cities, and Dalland, were rather accepting, the driders were still rather outside the norm and would probably shock even the most tolerant person elsewhere if they were to suddenly meet without prior warning, and even without that, they likely would have different needs that an unprepared society can't meet.

Perhaps some of these initial troubles and conflicts could be preempted. There are numerous pyromancers, mostly in the League but at least some nearly everywhere the god was followed, looking to the flames for knowledge and guidance. To them, Zara sends a message: A new race is emerging from the north-western part of the world; they're monstrous of appearance but not of character, and they have much to offer you. Prepare yourselves and your people for their arrival; integrating them may prove challenging, but it's necessary.

Zara's trying to smooth over drider-other interactions before they happen by getting their priests and other followers around the world to spread the word before they arrive, and also important ways to ensure proper integration; spider-people aren't going to have the same needs as other humanoids, so coexistence in the same areas will need some preparation. Inspiration [+2] to bestow knowledge and whatnot. (Could argue for the use of Fire [+4] due to the method of distributing the information, but it feels like a stretch; I'll leave it up to you whether or not it counts here.) Edited slightly because I forgot Huatanora and Foltz already did the warning, at least in part of the world, so Zara's spurring some proactive measures as well as notifying other places like their own far-off lands (relative to where the driders are originating).

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 22, 2017

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Vaalystion
So, the mortals are preparing for war? Very nice, I found that nothing motivates them like having their whole existance and way of life threatened. This will be a time of frantic study to achieve great things, I am sure of it, and so my Glyphs will be plentiful, so that those who can draw from their power will be able to do so.

Vaalystion makes sure that a lot of Presages[+2] are available both to the inhabitants of Edelmalysis and to the northerners, so that it will be easy to use magic in war.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Marduk saw alysidor reaching down, binding the driders with law, to chain them within his all-encompasing web. This would not stand. And so for each "fact," each "understanding" that the driders recieved, marduk came that night and whispered in their ear. Not to persuade them or to force liberation upon them, no, but to plant a kernel of doubt at alysidor's words, to counterbalance his divine persuation so that those who chose is path would choose it willingly, and not by divine compulsion.

"Oaths bind" said alysidor. "but they bind by choice, and choices can be redone" whispered Marduk
"The gods bind" said Alysidor. "and yet their power is not infinite and not all gods seek to bind" whispered Marduk.
"I punish the breakers of both bonds" said Alysidor. "But his power is not infinite, and others have liberated souls from his hells," whispered Marduk
"The souls of all that live must pass under my gaaze" said Alysidor "And yet Ilina did not, nor the creatures of the abyss nor the gods above," whispered Marduk
"It matters not if you think me just or cruel" said Alysidor. "But justice matter, cuelty too," whispered Marduk.
"It matters only that you know him inevitable" said Alysidor "And yet others have thrown of their chains and others have escaped his wrath" whispered Marduk
And so, with the last seed of doubt such sown, Marduk soared once more into the heavens above, and to the primordial and ever-changing realm of Zara-Rakhni, where his wings were flame and his eyes were orbs of molten gold.

"Zara-Rakhni!" said Marduk. "My friend. Can i speak to you?"

Marduk grants Insight into the half-truths and loopholes to what Alysidor says and counterweight his work by planting doubts, allowing people to choose more freely.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Huatanora goes about her duties, troubled by the blood shed in Dalland. Nonetheless, she goes about her patrol with skill and due diligence: Nothing yet risks arising from the deeps just yet.

Despite the hubris, her duties within her demesne successfully carried out.

Wallastra follows the thread of untruths through the memories of conversations, the literal voices of the people traced back through what they said, when they heard. More than once, the thread was broken by one who died, eyes and tongue in hands, but by persevering, the lord of cities wasable to find a thread that went all the way back to... hm. That is odd. The name by which the Gods could identify this mortal simply wasn't there any more. Very slippery, can't quite get a grip. So, another strand of lies. Another. Another. Build a web to catch the elusive fly. See his shape, see what name he now bore...

Mortveritas. 'Death of Truth'. Not very subtle, but enough to conceal his original identity and current form, apparently. But they had a name now, it should only be a matter of time...

A solid success from Wallastra in following the thread of lies back to their origin. You have a name for the source! He appears indistinct to deific vision.

In the city of Hedelmalisis, the bold hero known as Argos Nevrikos stood before a cheering throng that would soon form the core of his glorious army. Last night, his dreams had been portentous for them, ominous for their enemies. He spake with power and passion, exhorting the people to action. "In Elama-Kasvuu's name!" he roared at the end, and thousands upon thousands of lusty voices roared back in reply.

Later that day, they poured forth from the city, legion upon legion, their morale sky high. They began to cut a swathe through the Forest of Leaves-like-silver-gleaming-in-the-night-to-challenge-the-stars-and-outshine-the-moon, tearing down the ancient natural growth for cookfires, hunting the gentle beasts and birds to feed their army, and hewing down timber both to clear their path and build up siege weapons as they went.

Oneiros and Elama-Kasvuu empower the hero Argus the Petulant! Instead of an army of dozens or hundreds, he marches northwards with an army of thousands upon thousands. Instead of caution, they are replete with hope and confidence.

Theirs was not the only despoiling that the Forest of Leaves-like-silver-gleaming-in-the-night-to-challenge-the-stars-and-outshine-the-moon felt this day. Another part of the forest, south of the Argidian League, was being stripped of its lumber and plundered for its natural resources. Exploiting the forest was their aim, with all the profits returning to the league city at the mouth of the Dalland river. At their head, a bold entrepreneur, Elihem Soleret, a Not-Devotee of Marduk inspired by his words as he floated by unseen.

Alysidor appeared before some of the Driders, to convince them of his inevitability. But stories spread quickly through the world, especially to a new people under such comprehensive blessings. It would seem the tale of Alysidor's humiliation after trying to mutilate the smallfolk of Dalland was already known to the Driders, and his offer to give them Lawspeakers was given short shrift. The whispers of Marduk hardened their hearts further against the cruel and petty chain-god, who would have difficulty influencing the spiderkin from here on in.

Alysidor snake-eyes his inevitability! The Driders consider him evitable. Marduk successfully reinforces this and them.

Zara-Rakhni lends support and reinforcement to the blessings of Foltz, ensuring that not only will peoples far and wide welcome the Driders, but that accommodations, both figurative and literal, would be made ready for them even before they drew near.

Man, the Driders are loving this.

Vaalystion reads the swelling tide of war, and lends his strength both to the aggressors and to the cities and places that lie upon the future route of their chevauchée northwards from Hedelmalisis. the power of magery waxes at his will.

Vaalystion brings that extra special ingredient to spice up the war.

In the city of Khaxil, in the Dominion of Khemesh, a spark of rebellion ignites. The downtrodden are in uproar, banding together behind one known as Kylia, her a self-styled 'Breaker of Chains'. Khemesh is an oppressive place at the best of times: the lives of those formerly in bondage and the fate of their city lies in the lap of the Gods.

Kerzexex, a Drider adventurer, was rallying a crew of like minded souls for a quest to lost and forbidden Lantis, having a ship built to divine specifications at the river-port on the Dalland river, making good use of the lumber Elihem Soleret's people were acquiring. It remained to be seen what she and hers would accomplish...

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
"Oh ho ho ho" smirks Onalee, muse of Invention,

"The little mortals are uppity and on the move! I give a gift to the gods that they may endow this to let the little buggers do what they do more clearly and over longer range.

"Ever since they've existed, mortals communicate at range by smoke signals, messenger, and simple flags. I propose a combination of all three. Which of you will bequeath the gift of semaphore to let the little dearies talk to themselves without having to be right next to one another? Handy for the huge mobs they seem to be traveling in these days."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Alysidor

Taking a break from the driders for just a moment, Alysidor visits Khemesh to squash a bunch of gnats.

OOC: Punishment [+4] and Bindings [+4] to chain and kill Kylia (and all her followers) for stirring poo poo in my domain.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 25, 2017

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Asher

Asher shifted in his den. Much was happening, and it was difficult to know where to focus his attentions. The drider were doing astoundingly well, his brothers and sisters blessing them even without his having to ask. Were they simple acts of generosity meant to amuse themselves, or was there a plot afoot he could not see? For now all he could do was watch and wait.

Meanwhile, a crusade was called against the northern lands and one of his favored people was assembling an expedition to the lost kingdom of Lantis. Asher could not recall if he had had a hand it in becoming lost - such things faded from this thoughts very quickly. The offense against nature the army was committing on its march would anger the Wild Lord, there was no doubt. And he was honor bound to aid as he could. Yet...the expedition may well happen upon what he sought. Could he turn his eyes away from that possibility? No. Absolutely not.

Asher visited Kerzexex in the night, and whispered promises into her ear. Promises of riches, glory, and life eternal at his side if she should find what he seeks.

Guardian [+4] to safeguard Kerzexex and her followers from harm as they journey into the unknown. His own avarice and need to recover his property is getting the better of him, though. Kerzexex 's mind is infected with his Hunger [-4]

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Elama-Kasvuu

Oh, how sweet, look at the little dears go. My, there are a lot of them, aren't there? Hmm; with so many mortals on the march, they're bound to have supply issues, but luckily, they're passing through the Forest-With-The-Long-Name-And-All-The-Hyphens. So Elama-Kasvuu blesses the trees in the region with a boost to their Fecundity [+4], which will cause any that bear fruit to bear larger, richer fruit, to supply them with more available food - and also make it more likely that once the mortals have passed through, the path they've cut through the woods will more rapidly fill in with new growth.

Oh, this is so exciting! She'll have to keep an eye on that Heroic fellow down there. He's got a cute butt, which will make it easier for her to pay attention.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zara-Rakhni

"Hm, improved means of speaking over long distances? Certainly a useful idea; something like that could even be used for inter-city communication, though more than mere flags would be needed. Perhaps a means of being visible at night, as well? That could be difficult, but..."

Contemplating the possibilities, Zara reaches down into the minds of various people in Azaria, engineers and artisans, linguists and , inspiring them with ideas relating to the concept so that they may get to work on devising both a suitable code and method of relaying it over great distances.
-
Marduk would find Zara inside one of their orichalcum spires, a burning pillar of flame towering within the room as they observe a dozen or so little baubles, representing various peoples and places in Mycaria; one of the angular little trinkets resembles a drider, a second the capital of Azaria, and a third the Grand Temple of Dalland. Each is held aloft by a flaming arm, the god's eyeless face observing all around it at once. Once Marduk speaks, though, Zara looks down, the facsimiles disappearing in tiny bursts of flame as the god lowers their arms, which merge back into their burning mass. The pillar of fire shrinks in size, until Marduk and Zara are looking eye to would-be eye.

"Of course! What is it about? There are numerous interesting things happening lately; we could likely talk for days about it all if we wished, but I assume you have something in particular in mind."

Zara is taking Oralee's idea involving semaphore and going in a somewhat different direction with it, inspiring people in Azaria to look into means of constructing semaphore lines, as well as making a proper code for it, though it could still be used for flag semaphore as well if the Argidian armies see fit. Inspiration [+2], but also [Unfocused [-2] as Zara is throwing a lot of ideas at the wall and to various groups of people and seeing what sticks, rather than implanting a unified idea in a particular group. On the one hand, they're encouraging multiple approaches and this might get better results, but on the other hand, besides the initial inspiration they're not getting any divine guidance here.

Either way, it's happening nowhere near any of the armies or mobs that are being formed lately, so if anyone wants them to start communicating over long distances in code and such, they'll need to do it themselves. Or wait for it to spread from the League to their lands, which might take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Nasav-Utambe

Nasav-Utambe watched as Asher left the Ci-Rhena Woods and attended whatever other duties the other god had. It was of no great concern, now that he had given his blessing. With spring in full force, and the city of Dalland under siege by several of his siblings, the Doyen was content to continue on his walk. There would be other matters to concern himself eventually, no doubt, but for now he would enjoy this fragile tranquility while it lasted.

And last for long, it did not. Nasav-Utambe stirred from his slumber, gently ruffling the fur of the bear he had been leaning against. Yet this was inevitable, he thought as he called for a sparrow, for humans truly are such greedy creatures. Taking more than they need, without any intent to replace. Not that the Lord of Nature would have spared them even if they had shown such consideration. Their transgressions were nothing short of impudent, openly defiant of his domain. That, or they believed he would not notice their actions. Either they were arrogant, or they were fools, and regardless this ‘hero’ and his army needed to be punished. As the sparrow landed on Nasav-Utambe’s finger, he whispered,

“Bring a message to Asher: Watcher. I did not desire to call upon you so soon, nor for a matter so serious. But the actions of both Argos Nevrikos and Elihem Soleret can not, and will not be tolerated. In this matter, I ask for your aid. I go now to scatter the Petulant One’s forces. Join me there, or drive away the other, I leave as your decision.”

Glancing at the god once, twice, the chosen sparrow then began to fly towards Asher in his den. Hopefully, he would receive it soon enough to be of assistance. For now, however, there was retribution. Nasav-Utambe laid his hand on a closeby tree…

...and in the middle of Argos’ camp, one grew in mere seconds from the earth, uplifting several tents and men as it did. A tree that continued to grow, and grow, and grow. And from its bark stepped forth the Doyen of the Wilderness, whose gaze then honed in on the Petulant One himself. There was a moment of silence, and then,

“If you had asked for safe passage to the north, it may have been granted. If you had asked for bountiful hunts, it may have been granted. If you had asked for fine quality wood… well, if it was for siege weapons, I will not pretend that I might have listened. But you did not ask. You took. And so, I take in turn.”

The wind began to howl as the Lord of Nature Pristine raised his hand. And then, the roots from the now towering tree erupted forth from the ground, ensnaring and crushing those who were too slow to escape its hungering grasp.

OOC: Nah, don’t think so, dirty humies. Rolling Nature [+4] to tendril tree as much of the army as I can as well as Disdain [-2] since, well, not taking humans as any more of a threat than an individual ant is more or less Nasav-Utambe’s main hubris!

• Locked thread