Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Did... did Bern self-insert herself into the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Krauss is the coolest and strongest sibling, and after his victory over 🐐 I can't believe y'all are doubting him.

I'm not going to doubt his ability as a physical powerhouse and a father, stern and strict as he might be.

I am, however, going to doubt his complete inability to not be a total loving tool. DON'T SIGN OVER YOUR POWER OF ATTORNEY.

Oh dear, imagine if he was the one to survive the slaughter instead of Eva. There wouldn't be any more money to torture Ange with.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I think I'm starting to understand how this game is "without love". Take in the last update, for example, along with this one. Natsuhi is behaving this way, not out of love for her husband, but out of loyalty to him. We've seen nothing but Natsuhi's impression of Kinzo, either, so I'm not seeing any love desire.

But if Natsuhi is the one who came up with the idea that Kinzo's still alive, does that mean that, with last game, she was the one masquerading as Kinzo in front of everyone? And everyone just accepted it? drat, that's a really hard-rear end woman.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

resurgam40 posted:

I had actually forgotten about the spirit mirror, yes... but I also remember that its so-called magical powers have been described by people other than Natsuhi. It's Shannon and the other servants who say that that mirror can defeat Beatrice, but Natsuhi hasn't talked about it at all; she keeps it in a box on her desk, so its entirely possible that the only value it has for her is sentimental.

She does come from a family of... Shrine caretakers or something? A semi-religious family, I recall.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

resurgam40 posted:

But truth be told, all I'm thinking about after this episode is what a massively adorable, George-tier dork Krauss apparently was as a younger man :3: Though if they really did travel to all those countries, I suppose that is further evidence of his not really ever understanding mony or how to work with it... Whatever! Still cute!

I don't get it, how is that flashback supposed to clue us into how Krauss has no skill with money?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

grandalt posted:

Hehe, I was waiting for that phone call. More truth is coming to light now.

Wait, maybe the sin that Battler forgot about involves this new guy, somehow?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
drat, kidney stones seems to be in vogue on the LP subforum now.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I think this whole thing was meant to be a metaphor about how you shouldn't stop thinking, even after you come across what is most likely the correct answer. Part of the truth is finding all scenarios and using clues to piece together what actually happened. Just because we know Erika is right doesn't mean that they must stop at that conclusion. Also, dunking on assholes is great.

Re: death to witches talk - have we acknowledged that Beato has died once before? If so, then every person in the story who has declared themselves witches (sans shortcackle and Bern, so far) has died already.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Kids are stupid. I know this for a fact. I can't begin to imagine the chip on Ange's shoulder that caused her to ruin her relationship with Eva like that.

But to realize that Ange turned her own life intoa living hellhole, that's hosed up.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

lotus circle posted:

Time travel is easy because, like magic, it exists.

Like, technically time travel kind of exists, but only forward?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Something I want to ask is, is Natsuhi a reliable point of view at this time? She imagines Beatrice and Kinzo and all those other demons, she may have imagined herself in the closet the entire time. And another thing, is Krauss a non-player in all of this? I think that it's possible that he had a hand in Hideyoshi's death, not many other people could have overpowered him on the island.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

lotus circle posted:

Erika is more like Franziska von Karma on steroids.

And also less likeable. Which is kind of hard for someone like her.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
This isn't the end of game 5, right?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

There's a tea party and ??? as always.

Ah. Then maybe getting impaled had helped Battler some.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

tiistai posted:

How was he killed?

It's never been brought up. It's just "he dead lol" and that's it. But my question is: I forget if the family cares anymore where he is. Erika seems much more intent on getting her revenge on Natsuhi master's favor than figuring that out.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So we've gone from trying to disprove witches to becoming a witch to disprove a fantasy in a mystery story. What's next, going full meta and acknowledging the fantasy of the story we're reading in this LP to make a point about love or something?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tender Child Loins posted:

Hahaha aww, that's cute! It's a good thing Battler's cape/necktie situation is more parseable than Kinzo's, or else I'd be really distracted and annoyed every time I see a resurgam post.

If anyone is thinking of giving me an Umineko avatar... I don't care, just not George. ANYONE BUT GEORGE (but I guess that would be a nicely hosed up av/username combo)

Watch as you immediately get an original R07-art George AV.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Holy poo poo Battler :gonk:!

But at the same time, holy poo poo Battler :dance:.

What's AmaBato?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Artificer posted:

Amakusa + Battler shipping obviously.

ZiegeDame posted:

Amakusa(Ange's Bodyguard)/Battler

Oh. Shoot. I forgot about him.

At least he didn't try to show up and get more screen time. But speaking of episode 3 characters, I find it hilarious that due to not having a part in EP6, EVA acts like she's gonna lose her job and die in the gutters. It's so ridiculous I can't help but love it.

I want to see the screenplay for this scenario. There has to be one somewhere.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
These new animes don't offend me so far. But now I'm just confused as to how all this leads to a wedding. Did Battler accidentally create an unsolvable closed room? And did he stick himself inside it?

How old is Erika?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Cyouni posted:

If there's complete victory/defeat before the 8th episode, the game can't continue. So this defeat is both merely a temporary setback and foreseeable, as Battler stomping over his unresisting opponents for three episodes would be amusing, but quite boring. So I don't know why people are so up in arms about a result that should be unsurprising.

I was gonna say "another stalemate", but that already happened. In fact, I think this is the logical conclusion to Battler taking over the game: he sucks at it. At first. He's learning as he goes, that being GM takes a lot of effort.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Wow. Am I R07?

I don't recognize Auau.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I'm just trying to find how love fits into this new relationship between neo-Beato and Battler. Because if there isn't, it's gonna be Kinzo all over again, I feel.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

tiistai posted:

Good, that means the reverse psychology is working

Honestly, I still have hope for Battler, that he won't do what Kinzo did and try to make his own homegrown Beato. Maybe it's part of a plan to get Beato back into the game.

Though, considering the cold opening, it either fails or works at the last minute. Considering this is Battler, probably the former.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Skylight posted:

Yeah, I'm not finding any fault with this theory of Battler failing. Remember who we're talking about here.

So... Do you think Erika would ever cook for Battler? Or would she more likely just throw him into a closet somewhere and "forget" where she put the key?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
The way I see it, God's the only one who can control anything. The fact that Battler can't even change the way someone feels with a snap of his fingers really shows the limited power he really wields. And that frustrates the hell out of him, because all he wants is to bring Beato back and apologize, but he can't even accomplish that. It's not (directly) his incompetency's fault anymore.

I'm really reading the logic error as some sort of foreshadowing about Beato. Maybe she'll come back, maybe Piece-Beato will save him, maybe he'll be married to Erika for the rest of the story because he's incompetent.

Also, I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding what's happening in '98. Where, specifically, is Ange and Amasuka (assuming he's actually there)?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Now, to be fair, Ronove and Virgillia are both shipping the hell out of him to his dad/father-figure, Ronove, the cook, and someone who has nothing to do with him in 1986. Unless Amasuka was Beatrice all along, or had something to do with her or something. But that'd have to be waaaaaaaaay out of left field, methinks.

Seriously, those two play a very dangerous shipping game. The kind that makes LITERALLY NO SENSE except for the Ronove thing, and even then, it's only on Ronove's side.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

If anyone's curious about the drop to MWF updates, it's, uh, definitely because of my health problems, and nothing else.

A lack of sunlight is definitely bad for you.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Cyouni posted:

I definitely agree that the evidence does suggest that Shannon=Kanon, and it's definitely possible within the red text, but...

This is seen by Erika with the eyes of the detective. I'm not sure how to get around that.

e:f,b in regards to Battler's viewpoint.

Some part of me started to think "this new Beatrice is actually the past version of the old Beatrice, who ended up becoming the antagonist of games 1-4" due to how much she wanted to learn about Beatrice and become the Beato that Battler wants to see again, but it seems a bit... more convoluted.

Also, part of me thinks that Ange found the secret mansion somehow and is learning about what happened through that. Because this is getting convoluted, meeting neo-Beato and Virgillia like this.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Battle Royale situation?

Eh, I think this is really only applicable very few times throughout the games. Though it does make me question how many of the murders were premeditated and which were just heat-of-the-moment stuff that ended poorly.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Agreed, you are bad at naming things.

That's a really interesting way to read into the S=K theory, one that I'll admit would never have crossed my mind. Another way to tie it into the story is for Battler to be involved somehow, for his sin to be tied to their spilt personality or whatever this is.

Actually, I'll like for some red: do we have enough information to figure out what Battler's sin is?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

Refusing to answer when asked is one of the pleasures allowed to a witch.

Welp, was worth a shot.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

tiistai posted:

I'm glad this thread can at least solve riddles from a children's quiz book :v:

Ice cream is a hell of a motivator.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
The Maria thing is still annoying as hell. I'm just not allowed to complain about it anymore. Also, considering that these days, where she hasn't been on screen as much, it's a lot more tolerable.

I get annoyed easily. Bite me.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

pfff adultery. that's so whatever in the grand scheme.

Keep in mind that this specific instance of adultery leads to Ange getting beaten up by Yakuza, and nearly shot to death. Indirectly, yes, but it was a factor.

I had an idea about the coins in the cup riddle, beyond getting ice cream for solving a simple riddle designed for children. Sure, it could still apply to the theory that S=K=B, but doesn't it seem like a bit of meta-narrative on Battler's part, about the actual story of Umineko? The story of a family conference, being told in what's basically an MST3K episode gone wrong, which is being read in a book by one of the family conference's character's sister. Leads me to think that it's not just foreshadowing, but elaboration of the situations in Rokkenjima.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

EagerSleeper posted:

Por que no los dos?

Non parlo spagnolo.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
The sisters thing is ringing some bells for me, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what's bothering me about it. I only think it has something to do with Battler.

I need breakfast.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
If I'm to be honest, if Erika pulled something like that on one of my family members, she'd get punched in the face. Is it typical in Japanese customs to allow the guest to walk all over you like they're the head of the house? Actually asking.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

oath2order posted:

Well, at least she's still working to disprove magic. That makes her the good guys, yes?

She would be an ally, if it weren't for the fact that she seems to come up with solutions that only benefit her entertainment, not necessarily the truth. Disproving an autistic 9-year-old's notion of magic in the most inappropriate way possible is, in fact, completely pointless.

So yeah, she's basically got the same goal we have, prove this is a murder mystery, and not a fantasy story. But she's doing it in a way that's completely at odds with the truth, if the last game is any indication.

I have a lot of friends who are assholes. They'd all be sick of Erika's poo poo from the word "go", and wouldn't bother asking for her help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Graylien posted:

Rosa runs her own sewing and design company right? There's a chance that's her company is the one that produces the lion dolls, Sakutaro is a prototype perhaps, or he was a store brought toy that Rosa tweaked to practice her sewing skills. There's a few ways to get around the red. Lawyering the words is probably the best way to sort out the mysteries.

Considering that Rosa's business was in hot water when she was alive, I'm finding it extremely difficult to believe that one of their products were still being sold 12 years later. I'm of the opinion that the those dolls have nothing to do with Rosa or her company.

• Locked thread