Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote Lord of Hats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Your Personal Muse posted:

##vote Lord of Hats

Rude, imo.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I'm a rude dude. Which scum team do you want.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Join my team. Team sk

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

My Dreem Teem:

YPM, Ninja, so I could OMGUS you right now and feel totally smart for my bad decision making being vindicated.

Mayor Glowku, Jailer, just because I want to see scum Glowku at some point. I don't *think* I've seen it before. But he's cool so I don't want him to have to murder people.

Stickup, Godfather, because dammit I was wrong about you last game Stick but this time my poorly-honed gut feelings would be correct.

Retro Futurist, Goon, because nobody would ever see it coming.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Oy YPM I don't see your end game with this content game, have an established reason for it or are you just looking to amp up posts?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I mostly dream of keane

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CCKeane posted:

Oy YPM I don't see your end game with this content game, have an established reason for it or are you just looking to amp up posts?

I think looking for a particular reaction to gambits/content games is dumb. First, because no one is actually smart enough to manipulate people like that, and second, because you miss things.

I'm looking to amp up posts.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I feel like we should worry about amping up opop first

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Lord of Hats posted:

My Dreem Teem:

YPM, Ninja, so I could OMGUS you right now and feel totally smart for my bad decision making being vindicated.

Mayor Glowku, Jailer, just because I want to see scum Glowku at some point. I don't *think* I've seen it before. But he's cool so I don't want him to have to murder people.

Stickup, Godfather, because dammit I was wrong about you last game Stick but this time my poorly-honed gut feelings would be correct.

Why do you have four players on the scum team? Why aren't you on there?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

My Dreem Teem:

Almost every time I've been scum I might it to Lylo or win. Let's fuckin GO

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

worried about calling himself scum probably

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I also don't get your opinion on me, hats. do you think I am scum this game?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

this is a stickup posted:

I also don't get your opinion on me, hats. do you think I am scum this game?

No, this is the hypothetical universe where I get to feel smart as hell as town; you on the list is just because I felt so sure of my case on you last game. I had my top scum game early in my career, and I fear I will never reach such heights again.

Three players and the game's mod. See above.

My dream Scum Team With Me As Scum would be more like...

The Lord of Hats, Ninja: Because being the dude who gets to submit the NK is fun, and being Ninja would kind of guarantee that I would get to.

Probably Still Mayor Glowku, Goon: Again, because Glowku is loving hard to read. I don't know how much I would fully trust him with a power role though, because I haven't been scum alongside him.

CCKeane, Jailer: I value Jailer more than I value Godfather, and I would want Keane on as the experienced Mafia player to provide guidance and tell me when I have just Done A Stupid.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My dream team would be myself as solo scum hypercharger

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
My gut is telling me Hat is the scum and should be murdered.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Ecco game with a scum hypercharger was pretty fun.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SirSamVimes posted:

The Ecco game with a scum hypercharger was pretty fun.

I didn't even realize you were in this game

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Lord of Hats posted:

No, this is the hypothetical universe where I get to feel smart as hell as town; you on the list is just because I felt so sure of my case on you last game. I had my top scum game early in my career, and I fear I will never reach such heights again.

kind of a strange way to word it then

The Lord of Hats posted:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hat's first scum list consisted of people he wants to be "right" about casing, his second scum list consisted of people who would cover for him if he was doing badly this game. A scum drafted that list. His primary concerns on his mind when he drafted those lists were having people he could easily case, which scum want so they can manufacture content, and having people that could save him, which scum want if they, for example, feel like they are under attack.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

So... should I be wanting bad allies as scum, then? I'm not so confident in my scumgame as to think that I could carry a team.

##vote Your Personal Muse

This is some hardcore tunneling right here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Lord of Hats posted:

So... should I be wanting bad allies as scum, then? I'm not so confident in my scumgame as to think that I could carry a team.

I was like "wow YPM that's a good case to generate content" and then Lord of Hats drops this and now I'm like "wow YPM that's a good case ON A SCUM"

##vote Lord of Hats

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I was like "wow YPM that's a good case to generate content" and then Lord of Hats drops this and now I'm like "wow YPM that's a good case ON A SCUM"

##vote Lord of Hats

You're gonna be real disappointed, fam.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CCKeane posted:

##vote Lord of Hats

Thanks buddy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Let's assume, for the moment, that I'm wrong, and I am tunneling you. How does that make me scum?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Aww is jokephase over? There is like 3 fuckin days left till deadline

BOOO

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

BOOO

here is a joke: you're posts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

my

heart

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

BOOO

We can have joke phase for the rest of the day and then murder Hats, I did like all the work already. We can take it easy and kick up our feet

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
what's the difference between a french horn and a french bulldog?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One is an instrument
The other is an animal

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
a french bulldog is worth something

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this is a stickup posted:

I didn't even realize you were in this game

Yeah I hadn't posted yet because the shitposting was kind of making my eyes glaze over

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah I hadn't posted yet because the shitposting was kind of making my eyes glaze over

What's your opinion on Hats and how soon we should murder him?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

mlyp

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Thanks buddy

Let's assume, for the moment, that I'm wrong, and I am tunneling you. How does that make me scum?

You're right that that isn't an inherent scumtell, but what isn't sitting right with me is how early this started--if it had just been off of my response to your question, then yeah, I can see that, but you were fishing for me specifically before that, as well--you put out a general question, got a couple of response that you ignored and then immediately started working to funnel me into it, and as far as I can tell your basis for doing that was me trying to start to build my own case out of somebody's existing post. I'm trying to figure out why I would have been of this much interest to you beforehand and I'm not finding an answer that's really satisfying to me. This feels like an attempt to build town cred by blitzing a relatively newer player out of the gate to get them visibly off balance, and then when I flip town you can just go "Well, look at how much suspicious stuff he said at my prompting, clearly it's not my fault for misreading that".

I've spent enough games in the past ignoring my gut instinct in favor of trying to build logic chains, and that doesn't work early in the game. It doesn't feel right to me now, so I'm voting my gut to see how that works out.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Lord of Hats posted:

You're right that that isn't an inherent scumtell, but what isn't sitting right with me is how early this started--if it had just been off of my response to your question, then yeah, I can see that, but you were fishing for me specifically before that, as well--you put out a general question, got a couple of response that you ignored and then immediately started working to funnel me into it, and as far as I can tell your basis for doing that was me trying to start to build my own case out of somebody's existing post. I'm trying to figure out why I would have been of this much interest to you beforehand and I'm not finding an answer that's really satisfying to me. This feels like an attempt to build town cred by blitzing a relatively newer player out of the gate to get them visibly off balance, and then when I flip town you can just go "Well, look at how much suspicious stuff he said at my prompting, clearly it's not my fault for misreading that".

I've spent enough games in the past ignoring my gut instinct in favor of trying to build logic chains, and that doesn't work early in the game. It doesn't feel right to me now, so I'm voting my gut to see how that works out.

I'm not as good as you portray me to be at this game.

Why would I go after you and not Yorkshire? Yorkshire is super new.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah but yorkie would straight up murder you and all of your friends in cold blood

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I like yorkie, as yorkie is cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

yorkie?

more liek

dorkie