Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

this is a stickup posted:

please list which players you currently feel are not garbage, and have contributed more than I have

SSV, Slam, CC, Hats, and me are not garbage. What have you contributed? Why are you so defensive?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's called garbage CAN

Not garbage CANNOT

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

please list which players you currently feel are not garbage, and have contributed more than I have

Well there's 12 other players in the game. I would consider everyone but myself to fit this description!

I haven't contributed more, just about the same amount actually.

##vote stickup for being stuck up

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

Not really you are both garbage so far

I meant to empty quote this at the end of my post.

It really does tell potentially a lot how defensive you are getting about being useless. Embrace it, or are you trying to not die because you are SCUM

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

It's called garbage CAN

Not garbage CANNOT

It's called the Garbie in Austria right? Throw shrimp on the barbie then the barbie in the Garbie

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm not seeing Stick as a candidate, what's the deal?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I'm not seeing Stick as a candidate, what's the deal?

Who are your day 1 candidates and why? Stick is being a stick in the mud and we've gotta vote for someone

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello friends

Hi hal. My pal.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Hi hal. My pal.

Post more???

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mayor Glowku posted:

Who are your day 1 candidates and why? Stick is being a stick in the mud and we've gotta vote for someone

You, for the I'M A SK thing repeatedly, and then likely Hats, I really disliked his OMGUS on YPM, it was needlessly defensive especially since it was a day one fresh outta joke phase case.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SSV, Slam, CC, Hats, and me are not garbage. What have you contributed? Why are you so defensive?

Probably because he has five votes for him off of someone claiming that he redirected the game to shitposting, when he was literally responding to an infinitum post that was aimed to get the thread back to shitposting.

In any case ##vote Glowku

The man is literally claiming to be the SK. Even in the case where he's town this is unhelpful to the game.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Claiming sk in joke phase day 1 yes. I'm a useless if not harmful role for the town anyway so if someone has to die it's best if I do. Day 1 is always a Russian roulette and I'm happy if the bullet lands on me.

Not that I don't want to play!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Probably because he has five votes for him off of someone claiming that he redirected the game to shitposting, when he was literally responding to an infinitum post that was aimed to get the thread back to shitposting.

The man is literally claiming to be the SK. Even in the case where he's town this is unhelpful to the game.

You are useless to the game. What now nerd burglar

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Slam's case is not why I'm voting Stickup. Slam's case is a nothing sandwich. I voted Stickup because I really just wanted to add pressure. But the tiny amount of pressure on him made him go into defensive mode. Why would he care if I think he's a shitposter? He's been shitposting all game! He only cares because he's scum that sees a tiny amount of pressure on him and is overtly worried it will lead to his murderlynch

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Mayor Glowku posted:

You are useless to the game. What now nerd burglar

In the last game of Mafia I played I managed to repeatedly kill town people without hitting any scum because I'm a moron.

Being useless is a pretty nice upgrade!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Slam's case is not why I'm voting Stickup. Slam's case is a nothing sandwich. I voted Stickup because I really just wanted to add pressure. But the tiny amount of pressure on him made him go into defensive mode. Why would he care if I think he's a shitposter? He's been shitposting all game! He only cares because he's scum that sees a tiny amount of pressure on him and is overtly worried it will lead to his murderlynch

Oh that makes sense.

I mean if the same thing happened to me I'd probably go defensive because I want to play the game.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

In the last game of Mafia I played I managed to repeatedly kill town people without hitting any scum because I'm a moron.

Being useless is a pretty nice upgrade!

THAT is pretty awesome tbh.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Time to read the thread now. I'll comment on weird posts as I go along.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

are you commenting on stickup's response to your vote specifically or the pattern that was already developing when you voted him?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

Time to read the thread now. I'll comment on weird posts as I go along.

Who are you? Are you actually playing this game? Scum found?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mayor Glowku posted:

Who are you? Are you actually playing this game? Scum found?

I'm magnus gallant, and I just replaced into this game for Nutsack Rangoon.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

I'm magnus gallant, and I just replaced into this game for Nutsack Rangoon.

Word. How do you feel about cheesy potatoes? Are you scum?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mayor Glowku posted:

Word. How do you feel about cheesy potatoes? Are you scum?

Cheesy potatoes are good, not scum.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

YPM, have you cooled on your read on Jimmy Hats? If so, why?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I also think that while Glowku has continuously claimed SK here, I highly doubt there is an SK in this 13 player game.

Does that mean I think he's town? No, not necessarily, but I also wouldn't say that that kind of zany posting is outside the norm of Glowku's normal posting.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

I also think that while Glowku has continuously claimed SK here, I highly doubt there is an SK in this 13 player game.

Does that mean I think he's town? No, not necessarily, but I also wouldn't say that that kind of zany posting is outside the norm of Glowku's normal posting.

My posting isn't zany!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mayor Glowku posted:

My posting isn't zany!

Sorry I meant Looney.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

Sorry I meant Looney.

It's too late to joke vote you, but I absolutely would have for this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

what? :psyduck: are you saying I am being defensive for the act of responding to you? you're simultaneously calling me out for poo poo posting and not contributing but calling it defensive to play?

I'm not claiming to be a bastion of serious posting, I simply wanted you to clarify the players you think are not garbage to see if your list would contain any completely arbitrary choices (it does, hi ssv).

now I'd like you to justify why ssv is on this list.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

what? :psyduck: are you saying I am being defensive for the act of responding to you? you're simultaneously calling me out for poo poo posting and not contributing but calling it defensive to play?

I'm not claiming to be a bastion of serious posting, I simply wanted you to clarify the players you think are not garbage to see if your list would contain any completely arbitrary choices (it does, hi ssv).

Cmon bro, get got already.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

lol

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
here is what being defensive looks like. I'm going to omgus you (a little)

Slamburger is making me very murdery (in that I wish her to be murdered)

CC, I don't think Hats is the right choice. None of these chucklefucks interacted with the case and reading over the reaction to it, it reads more like a town believing everyone is a mafia robot rather than scum paranoia.

##vote stickup wants to die and Slam does make some sort of point.

these two things do not match up. you posted that you want to kill slam (it must be due to slam being scum) and in a few hours, decide that slam is making a good point

Nope. He may very well be doing that.

you agree with the reason I'm voting for glowku, but

I would prefer Stickup only because I presume Glowku will be more likely to contribute. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

based on glowku's posting in this thread, you also can't justify this. this is either a lie or a meta case. now, I think it's fine if you're making a meta call, but you need to look at it from the other perspective: you're voting me for meta reasons (that I am less likely to contribute) without actually having any meta read on me whatsoever.

this right here is complete bullshit and I don't believe a word of it.

I would prefer Stickup only because I presume Glowku will be more likely to contribute. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

these are your exact words. and as a direct response to this, if you want to know the answer to this, you can ask yorkie who has played in exactly 2 games before this for an unbiased opinion. yorkie, based on MM3, do you feel I am unlikely to contribute to this game as a town player?

keane, based on the latest eccogame, do you feel I am unlikely to contribute to this game as a town player?

you could also ask infinitum because you wouldn't get a real answer because A) it's infinitum, B) I am 99.99% sure he is scum this game

Infinitum posted:

##vote stickscum

this is his vote on me. this isn't even a game related vote, it's a joke vote that he is sitting on without saying a word about the game itself. inf has not thrown his vote around, made a bad case and erroneously tunneled someone to the end of the earth, or tried poorly to pressure people (me or glowku) into full claiming for no reason

and I'm going to make myself the majority leader ##vote infinitum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

do you think that ssv has contributed to this game in a meaningful way?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mayor Glowku posted:

Cmon bro, get got already.

I've already guaranteed it's me and not you, can't do much more than that

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
actually I guess we could team up to kill infinitum and kill scum while making the thread a Better Place but vOv

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

do you think that ssv has contributed to this game in a meaningful way?

no, i'm laughing because that's an amazing question

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mayor Glowku posted:

I do not participate on day 1 out of principle. There's nothing to analyze until day 2 flip / votes. You could go all crazy and assume joke phase ended (it didn't) i forget where i'm going twith this part but yeah

this is not always the case though this game is probably closer to useless than useful

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

this is not always the case though this game is probably closer to useless than useful

The best thing to analyze right now is your rant. But it's difficult on the phone. Will have to wait until after work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
well, I agree there isn't much this game, but in the game yorkie started with, I pegged scum d1 by calling out inconsistent garbage posting. there is always something useful, on some level at least.

• Locked thread