Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Sign me up so I can annoy everyone by doing stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh poo poo what does Open Nights mean?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I know how this part works. Everyone shitposts and then accuses each other of being scum for the act of shitposting.

this is a stickup posted:

that's racist ##vote keane

Clearly the vote of a stone cold killer.

##vote stickup

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Slamburger posted:

Yorkshire, will you consider this game a success if you kill less than 3x as many people as the SK?

I will kill as many people as I have to as long as the scum is one of them.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Poque posted:

wait am I in this game or not

You're a spectator?

I didn't even know that was a thing.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Mayor Glowku posted:

I think that was meant for me...

That bastard's been cheating on me!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Infinitum posted:

Everyone knows I'm a bad mafia player so :lol:

But you called like every single scum player correctly during the last two days.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Et tu infinitum.

##Vote Infinitum

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm beginning to feel like accusing lurkers is purposeless because even I know lurking will get you accused of being scum.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

There is a lot of amazing action happening in this game. Can anyone give me a brief play by play? Preferably someone that can kill me.

Everyone is baselessly accusing people of things. I am buddies with my friends from the Megaman game.

Apart from that traitor Infinitum.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Yorkshire tea can kill people.
He scum case closed.

What if I told you.

I'm not scum.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Your Personal Muse posted:

SSV, Slam, CC, Hats, and me are not garbage. What have you contributed? Why are you so defensive?

Probably because he has five votes for him off of someone claiming that he redirected the game to shitposting, when he was literally responding to an infinitum post that was aimed to get the thread back to shitposting.

In any case ##vote Glowku

The man is literally claiming to be the SK. Even in the case where he's town this is unhelpful to the game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Mayor Glowku posted:

You are useless to the game. What now nerd burglar

In the last game of Mafia I played I managed to repeatedly kill town people without hitting any scum because I'm a moron.

Being useless is a pretty nice upgrade!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Slam's case is not why I'm voting Stickup. Slam's case is a nothing sandwich. I voted Stickup because I really just wanted to add pressure. But the tiny amount of pressure on him made him go into defensive mode. Why would he care if I think he's a shitposter? He's been shitposting all game! He only cares because he's scum that sees a tiny amount of pressure on him and is overtly worried it will lead to his murderlynch

Oh that makes sense.

I mean if the same thing happened to me I'd probably go defensive because I want to play the game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
See what I'd do is lynch Glowku and then lynch stickup tomorrow if they're wrong.

Or the other way around, I'm cool with both.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

interesting. trying to setup a chain lynch if I am wrong about a person I have not cased and am not pushing. rookie scum mistake?

anyway please read the thread scumbo

Okay.

Nah I still think that's a good idea.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

can you walk me through your thought process? (seriously)

I think you're town, want to lynch glowku and think that circumstances would have changed sufficiently that the second part wouldn't be important day 2.

But now that's not happening.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

uh, okay. if you think I'm town, you shouldn't want to lynch me under any circumstances

I have cased infinitum for incredibly obvious meta reasons, which granted you would not know, and am leaning scum on ypm. my vote on glowku had already been discussed (I'm all for a nice scum claim early in joke phase, but beyond a point it will muddy the waters). I don't have a read on glowku either way, but keane laid out my thoughts pretty well

if I really wanted to lynch glowku, my vote would still be there, and we would still be tied. my alignment has no bearing on glowku's, nor his on mine. why do you want to set up his or my lynch in advance?

Because I was presented with an option of you with five votes, him with four and don't want to see you lynched? So I opted for something I assumed would potentially persuade people to lynch the person I think is less likely to be scum.

Also because I just want the day to be over because serious mode day 1 is really boring.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Poque posted:

I can't process this.

Here's what happened.

Yorkshire Tea: Oh no stickup might get lynched! No problem, I'm a genius mastermind and with this masterful play I will save him!

Stickup: What you just did makes no sense.

Yorkshire Tea: No you see it was a genius play.

Stickup: What you explained makes no sense.

Yorkshire Tea: Perhaps it wasn't a genius play?

Poque: You're an idiot.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Poque posted:

I think i'm having trouble reading tone because

is a bad thing

perhaps it is I who is the idiot

Oh poo poo double negatives.

I think Glowku is more likely to be scum that stickup. I wanted people to lynch Glowku and not stickup. I engaged in a master plan that was in fact stupid.

I then hosed up a double negative.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
But also ##unvote because both claim that the other is probably not scum at the moment.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I was worried this was going to be like the stickup plan from last game :v:

Hey I would have killed at least one scum with that!

And the tracker.

And the echo cop.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SirSamVimes posted:

##unvote I feel better about Stickup now.

##vote york

As well as the scummy chain lynch push, I have a hunch that he was pushing stickup as town earlier because he knows how he's going to flip.

Wait wait.

I can understand wanting to lynch me for the first part, so feel free to stick to your vote.

But I have a few questions relating to the second part.

If I know how stickup is going to flip because I'm scum and he's town, why the hell do I defend him instead of just dogpiling and waiting for the hammer?

If both of us are scum why are you feeling better about stickup?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel like he's faking it because you said he's been in a couple games so surely at this point he'd understand why a scum player may defend a town player.

Okay.

There are a bunch of ways to refute this.

But the easiest is this. The scum team presumably has experienced players on it right? And they can communicate outside of the game. I assume that there's no limit on the amount of communication.

I'm new. Were I scum I would run literally every post I make by my teammates first before doing anything.

The play you're mentioning seems really obvious. To the point that an experienced scum player would probably tell me not to make it.

Given that it seems unlikely that I'd make a play that would obviously make me suspiciously scum with other scum players to advise me on it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

it's possible, but I dunno if I'm good with making that call yet. mega man was suuuuper slow due to 150 hour nights, and his other was a 7 man mini that ended very fast.

still, I'm leaning scum on him atm

For what it's worth, in the mini I got murdered on night 1.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SirSamVimes posted:

I've seen scum players coast to victory on "I'm so new, what does this mean?" so it's not hard to believe. Also why are you able to identify the fact that a scum player would be coaching a newbie but not able to conceive why a scum player would defend town without having it explained?

Because all I'm doing is trying to imagine what I would do in a situation were I to be scum. When I asked you the question about why I would defend someone as scum, I'd considered the idea of making yourself look good. But it seems insanely, insanely risky to me, to the point that I found it implausible. Honestly, I didn't think it would be the go to argument.

This isn't a case of "I'm new so what does this mean?" It's a case of "I'm new so there are aspects of the metagame that are based on experience that I'll miss because I've not encountered them."

Or more often in my case, "I'm new so I'm going to try this, oh poo poo it makes no sense."

The lesson I've learned here is don't dismiss things because it turns out someone has done poo poo like that in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey guys I went to sleep and...

Oh. :ghost:

• Locked thread