Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the only sonic team contribution to mania i’m aware of is the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Sonic team head likes to remind people that he came up idea when they came to him with the prototype for the game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

GameCube posted:

the only sonic team contribution to mania i’m aware of is the name

If this is true, and if Forces is as bad as the last few weeks indicate, you may just get your wish lol

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i call it sonic feces

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I call it Sonic Forces and I'll be playing it tomorrow. And hell I know I'll enjoy the story at least.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

unbelievable a 3d sonic has bad levels, camera, controls, and stupid unskippable story. hard to believe after masterpieces like sonic adventure 1 and 2, sonic unleashed, sonic 2006, sonic goes to camelot for some reasaon?, shadow the hedgehog, and sonic heroes 1 - 3

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

unbelievable a 3d sonic has bad levels, camera, controls, and stupid unskippable story. hard to believe after masterpieces like sonic adventure 1 and 2, sonic unleashed, sonic 2006, sonic goes to camelot for some reasaon?, shadow the hedgehog, and sonic heroes 1 - 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently sonic forces is shorter than the bubsy reboot that came out last week

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Apparently sonic forces is shorter than the bubsy reboot that came out last week

the new bubsy only has 14 stages so i'm having a hard time believing this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

that can't possibly be true, Bubsy's barely even a game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ok now i feel bad for making fun of a literal brain damaged person

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GameCube posted:

Nice dude, beginning to think you might be more at home in games. Have you never enjoyed a dumb story in a game because nearly every game has one

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GameCube posted:

/me opens GameCube up and puts a Shadow the Hedgehog disc inside

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

this is who i am.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

this is who i am.

Here we go, here we go, buddy, here we go

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Evil Eagle posted:

Nice dude, beginning to think you might be more at home in games. Have you never enjoyed a dumb story in a game because nearly every game has one

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I rented Shadow the Hedgehog because I thought t was cool that Shadow had a gun on the cover.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I rented Shadow the Hedgehog because I thought t was cool that Shadow had a gun on the cover.

it is

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i pirated it with my illegally modded x box

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

pre-Cappy I thought he would kick mario's rear end because he could just shoot him from range but now post-Cappy mario would simply possess a 9MM round and escape harmlessly

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Sonic Team is just so jealous of Sonic Mania's success that Forces retcons the Phantom Ruby as a virtual reality weapon that tricks the brain into seeing fake illusions as reality, meaning Mania was actually just S/T/K just tripping out on the Ruby's power on Angel Island. They just retconned the entire game

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Sonic FTW

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Korthal posted:

Sonic Team is just so jealous of Sonic Mania's success that Forces retcons the Phantom Ruby as a virtual reality weapon that tricks the brain into seeing fake illusions as reality, meaning Mania was actually just S/T/K just tripping out on the Ruby's power on Angel Island. They just retconned the entire game

LMFAO

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sega is gonna fire the taxman so he doesnt make games that make them look bad

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Korthal posted:

this will blow your mind:
robotnik themes in mania are called Ruby Delusions and Ruby Illusions

Soral
May 30, 2009

Korthal posted:

gah!

Soral
May 30, 2009

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
How do you go from unleashed or colors soundtrack to
https://youtu.be/qTipa3WTsMY

Korthal
May 26, 2011

https://youtu.be/L-sTKZO8f_k

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Colours had a great soundtrack.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Korthal posted:

lol. sonic stories

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

here you go, i saved you 40 bucks and a couple hours of mediocre gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8NdKApB6Q

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Post ur OCs

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

bump_fn posted:

Post ur OCs

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

GameCube posted:

here you go, i saved you 40 bucks and a couple hours of mediocre gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8NdKApB6Q

Evil Eagle posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

the ultiamte lifeform

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Apparently the PC version can’t be played past level 2 or 3 without crashing. A bug fix will be available in the ‘near future’. Cool

• Locked thread