Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

No Butt Stuff posted:

Uh Chiefs goons, I definitely didn't expect this many QBs on the board. Is it stupid to skip Trubisky for Watson or Mahomes?

take the best man on the board, I'll trust you to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you're going QB I guess I'd go with Trubinsky? Nah I definitely would, weak class whatever it's good value.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Uh yeah, the Chiefs are drafting our QBOTF. The plan is he sits for a year, learns everything, and learns how to take a snap under center. I just don't know which one. Oh well, gently caress it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Alex Smith will be our QB in 2017.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Man, so glad someone else took Charles Harris. He looks like Jarvis Jones part 2 to me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Man, so glad someone else took Charles Harris. He looks like Jarvis Jones part 2 to me

That was actually going to be my pick.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

A white RB in green Bay.

Yeah that seems right.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

No Butt Stuff posted:

A white RB in green Bay.

Yeah that seems right.

Had two white guys and one black guy left on my board, and the quality at RB drops off one cliff after McCaffrey, and a massive cliff after Kamara/Mixon, who I didn't think would last to next round's pick - also, McCaffrey was the highest rated guy left of the three. The board's still deep at my other need positions. But yeah, knew I was going to get poo poo for the pick.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nah I didn't mean it as a slight to you. More like the good people of Wisconsin in general.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Basically as an RB he's another throwing target for Rodgers. Good fit.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Gatts posted:

Basically as an RB he's another throwing target for Rodgers. Good fit.

Good fit, had a great combine, basically if you put him and Montgomery in the backfield with 3 WRs, you have 5 WRs on the field. Could get really creative with the offense (*watches as we draft him and then still alternate between run, run, pass, and pass, pass, FB draw on 3rd and 11.)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Abugadu posted:

Good fit, had a great combine, basically if you put him and Montgomery in the backfield with 3 WRs, you have 5 WRs on the field. Could get really creative with the offense (*watches as we draft him and then still alternate between run, run, pass, and pass, pass, FB draw on 3rd and 11.)

Good job, smart thinking. I like it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Maybe KC could teach Tribusky a hard count.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Someone pick please. I have my second pick of round 2 but I can't find a first pick of round I'd be happy with

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Gatts posted:

Someone pick please. I have my second pick of round 2 but I can't find a first pick of round I'd be happy with

Pittsburgh has until 7 tonight. Soon.... :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Uh Chiefs goons, I definitely didn't expect this many QBs on the board. Is it stupid to skip Trubisky for Watson or Mahomes?

Thank you for not taking Watson. :D

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

Thank you for not taking Watson. :D

Sean Payton just came and he doesn't know why.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

I've seen reports that it's entirely plausible that he's the pick at 11 for real. I hope not, but you never know. The last time the Saints drafted a QB in the first round was 1971: Archie Friggin Manning.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yeah I'm not liking this year's draft class at all but eh. Browns need a lot and this dude stood out with potential.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

weird Asian candy posted:

So did I gently caress up that Atlanta pick?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Now to hope Peterman lasts till round 3!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

pubic works project posted:

So did I gently caress up that Atlanta pick?

tbh I had no idea what a Zach Cunningham was or where he was projected, but from what I have read he seems intriguing and like he would be an nice prospect. A lot of smoke around Derek Rivers or TJ Watt to the Falcons at 31. I don't think you hosed up the Atlanta pick my friend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Got to admit, I did not see the 49ers going QB/QB with their picks. Bold strategy, Cotton.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Got to admit, I did not see the 49ers going QB/QB with their picks. Bold strategy, Cotton.

Kyle Shanahan often employs bold strategies in the wrong situations...

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Silly Burrito posted:

I tried to figure the worst possible decision that could be made, in a draft class that's strong defensively and weak at QB, and said to myself, "of course that's what the 49ers will do! Double up!"

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

Now to hope Peterman lasts till round 3!

This is genius and I hope the Niners actually do this. Seriously.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I was going to draft Obi with my next pick because he seems like a nice young man

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

DariusLikewise posted:

I was going to draft Obi with my next pick because he seems like a nice young man

Well good thing I drafted him then. He was going to leave him until my second round 2 pick but can't find peeps I like.

Sorry man.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gatts posted:

Well good thing I drafted him then. He was going to leave him until my second round 2 pick but can't find peeps I like.

Sorry man.

I almost took him too.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Gatts posted:

Sorry man.

He was my first choice so you made the right move

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Great pick Mcmagic

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Well the draft hasn't really gone as I hoped it would up to this pick. Just about everyone I was hoping to fall didn't. Not sure Baker sees much of the field this year for Carolina but it's not like they don't need a FS down the line

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
poo poo I would have picked baker if i'd realized he'd fallen

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is Mixon time upon us, young 89?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You loving dicks. Picked up literally every CB I was gonna pick in the last like 5 picks

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Top 5 offense, bitch. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

89 posted:

You loving dicks. Picked up literally every CB I was gonna pick in the last like 5 picks

I was honestly surprised Tre'Davious lasted that long. I've seen him mocked in the mid teens.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this bengals draft is going to be way better than the real one

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Cavauro posted:

this bengals draft is going to be way better than the real one
You better believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

My pick is coming up soon. Who would the Dolphins really want?

• Locked thread