Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twerkteam Pizza

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

second greatest, after being allergic to pineapples :ohdear:

I Am Allergic to Pineapples - Ask me about Being Trans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

Does being allergic to pineapple ever make family meals weird and awkward. Do you have to apologize for preventing your family from having a superior pizza with pineapple and a meat?

:jerry:

unpleasantly turgid

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I keep thinking that I'm not trans because it seems every other trans goon has to do a loving AMA about it for attention or something.

Piso Mojado

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I keep thinking that I'm not trans because it seems every other trans goon has to do a loving AMA about it for attention or something.

just be supportive and happy for ppl you idiot

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 28, 2017

unpleasantly turgid

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Piso Mojado posted:

sorry you cant just be supportive and happy for ppl you idiot

GBS, FYAD and BYOB are not going to give you support lmao. these threads have been attempted numerous times.

edit: there's a subsubforum under D&D called TGRS. in it, there's a thread by Tonetta about trans stuff. go post there.

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 28, 2017

cda

by Hand Knit

GBS, FYAD and BYOB are not going to give you support lmao. these threads have been attempted numerous times.

Look at this guy and his extremely accurate knowledge of BYOB.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Piso Mojado

edit: there's a subsubforum under D&D called TGRS. in it, there's a thread by Tonetta about trans stuff. go post there.

thanks for your opinion, please dont post in this thread

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747

BYOB are not going to give you support lmao. these threads have been attempted numerous times.

BYOB is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In BYOB you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the BYOB motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

----------------

alnilam

twerkstream pizza: "hey my roof needs something to hold it up better, does anyone have any spare columns?"

me: "BYOB is not going to give you support lmao"

ty manifisto

City of Glompton

hi op, please know I support you, and I am allergic to pineapple, as well. :glomp:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Twerkteam Pizza

alnilam posted:

twerkstream pizza: "hey my roof needs something to hold it up better, does anyone have any spare columns?"

me: "BYOB is not going to give you support lmao"

Twerkstream... I like it

Twerkteam Pizza

You seem upset

Twerkteam Pizza

City of Glompton posted:

hi op, please know I support you, and I am allergic to pineapple, as well. :glomp:

:glomp:

fuck. marry. t-rex

Actually I think you'll find:

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

everyone in this forum's a fag so there ain't gonna be any questions

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FluffieDuckie

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Actually I think you'll find:

i don't fully understand why you're against this thread, but we're all being supportive here and if you choose not to be we're going to ask you to exit the thread

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Byob is the last refuge of compassion on these forums. If you don't get or appreciate that maybe you should try Facebook

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 29, 2017

Sylvia Plathetic
It's a very pervasive and damaging myth that all trans people are allergic to pineapple... that said it should be acknowledged that all people allergic to pineapple are trans.

FluffieDuckie

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Byob is the last refuge of compassion on these forums.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Byob is the last refuge of compassion on these forums. If you don't get or appreciate that maybe you should try Facebook

this post originally said:

"Byob is the last refuge of compassion on these forums. If you don't get or appreciate that maybe you should try Facebook, they love delusional pricks there."

and moderator fluffieduckie empty quoted it because she thought it was hot poo poo, but then erased some from both posts. "they love delusional pricks there" is by far the rudest thing said in this thread, but because it's allowed bullying the mod didn't probate. she does probate for a supportive post that a straight, cis poster found objectionable in the trans thread tho.

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

You are correct, that was rude and I apologize, I lost my temper. I'm gonna go lurk some more.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

You are correct, that was rude and I apologize, I lost my temper. I'm gonna go lurk some more.

thank you for being big about it, you seem nice

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

I try, and fail at it a lot. As you can see.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

I try, and fail at it a lot. As you can see.

you're fine, the mod has a history of doing this and that's the actual problem

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

I tend to give FD a wide berth because keeping a piece of SA civil must be a sysiphusian task. I did get a very prompt PM warning if that makes you feel any better.

Back on topic: OP, have you seen Dave Chappele's Age of Spin specials? I'm curious what your response would be to his inquiry to the trans community "just how involved do I have to be in maintaining your personal identity?" I think it's a harsh question, but possibly a valid one too. Thoughts?

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

I tend to give FD a wide berth because keeping a piece of SA civil must be a sysiphusian task. I did get a very prompt PM warning if that makes you feel any better.

Back on topic: OP, have you seen Dave Chappele's Age of Spin specials? I'm curious what your response would be to his inquiry to the trans community "just how involved do I have to be in maintaining your personal identity?" I think it's a harsh question, but possibly a valid one too. Thoughts?

it isn't hard to keep 20 adults civil.. i managed to do it when it was about three times busier than this forum has been in a year, so i'm sure she shouldn't have a problem. that's actually worse because she didn't extend that courtesy to any trans poster, like the time she probated someone in the cccc trans thread for revealing another person was a sass doxxer and not the actual doxxer.

Qwerinty fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 29, 2017

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

...I'm so sorry I ever started us down this path.

The moral of the story: think before you post.

alnilam

come on take this stuff to qcs or maybe coupons and deals, we're supposed to be asking twerk about pizza toppings, pineapple allergies, etc

Senior Management

The moral of the story: think before you post.

:jerry:

alnilam

twerk have you ever ridden on a train and if so where and was it cool

fuck. marry. t-rex

I'm supportive, I think it's good everyone is gay.

cda

by Hand Knit
Whoops

cda

by Hand Knit

Qwerinty posted:

it isn't hard to keep 20 adults civil.. i managed to do it when it was about three times busier than this forum has been in a year,

You were a consistently hateful poster when you were here, and also not a good ik, so this post will be doubly funny for anyone with a long enough memory.

FluffieDuckie

Qwerinty posted:

this post originally said:

"Byob is the last refuge of compassion on these forums. If you don't get or appreciate that maybe you should try Facebook, they love delusional pricks there."

and moderator fluffieduckie empty quoted it because she thought it was hot poo poo, but then erased some from both posts. "they love delusional pricks there" is by far the rudest thing said in this thread, but because it's allowed bullying the mod didn't probate. she does probate for a supportive post that a straight, cis poster found objectionable in the trans thread tho.

i'm going to clear this up

i saw the post and the delusional pricks part. i went in to edit out the part about delusional pricks (and sent the poster a note explaining why i did it because it was their first offense and that's generally how i handle things like that) and because i was on my phone i hit "quote" instead of "edit" so i wound up making another post instead of fixing the first one. i then went back and fixed them both

it all happened within a very short period of time so i didn't think i needed to explain that i hit the wrong button but here we are

now, can we all get back to being supportive and joking around? i have no idea why this thread had to get like this but i'm getting tired of it

BoldFrankensteinMir

Aww, my emptyquote from a mod was a mistake...

OP, thank you again for sharing because I seriously have never thought about breast implants as part of gender reversal therapy but it totally makes sense. I used to think they were pointless surgeries but there it is, I was wrong.

Piso Mojado

Twerk is good and cool and Im super happy for her. It took a lot of courage to share with us a major change in her life and at the very least we should be respectful to her by not squabbling over petty drama in her thread.

If you got a problem with that, please pm me. otherwise please try to act like a decent human being from here on out.

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 29, 2017

Robot Made of Meat

Hee hee. Titter Titter.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Twerkteam Pizza

No I haven't, but that is actually a rather interesting question. I mean, identity is both internal and performative at the same time, and I feel like dysphoria comes about when those two aspects don't align. I'm not really going to watch the specials because of what I've heard, but if someone asked me that personally I would just ask they use my pronouns.

That said I was disappointed by Dave, he has some really good anti-capitalist and anti-racist material. I don't want to think he's against trans people.

alnilam posted:

twerk have you ever ridden on a train and if so where and was it cool

I went on that train that goes under the English channel! Also I honestly have no idea why people are so obsessed with cars. I mean, I've never really found driving fun except in Mario Kart, and when you're​ on a train you can just sit back and read or doze off. I guess that's why I like flying too though.

Twerkteam Pizza

Aww, my emptyquote from a mod was a mistake...

OP, thank you again for sharing because I seriously have never thought about breast implants as part of gender reversal therapy but it totally makes sense. I used to think they were pointless surgeries but there it is, I was wrong.

I'm glad you found a new perspective :)

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

No I haven't, but that is actually a rather interesting question. I mean, identity is both internal and performative at the same time, and I feel like dysphoria comes about when those two aspects don't align.

I totally agree. Even if it's not gender dysphoria, acting differently around different people sucks. That's why I usually like being alone, don't have to worry about being embarrassed for being silly or whatever.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

The one example Mr Chappelle sites is specifically using the preferred pronouns; apparently it is too troublesome for him.

It's a funny special but yeah, as soon as I heard the routine on Trans people I immediately realized " oh poo poo Dave got old".

• Locked thread