Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tZYdv9KM5c

quote:

The event, which will last for about 20 days, is reportedly held to promote Taedonggang beer, Pyongyang's own brew and the most popular brand of beer in the country.

The beer, named after the Taedong River that runs through the capital is a full-bodied lager a little on the sweet side, with a slightly bitter aftertaste.

"It is great. This is one of the best beers," said a Pyongyang resident.

"This is world class beer. It is great. We have our leadership to thank for being able to drink to our hearts' content today," said another resident.

you can feel the humidity in this video

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

*extremely not living in a prison state voice*

quote:

"This is world class beer. It is great. We have our leadership to thank for being able to drink to our hearts' content today," said another resident.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

my favorite made up thing about dprk is they don't allow any screening of foreign films and if you're caught with one you die or get sent to jail

meanwhile, this year the pyongyang international film festival is celebrating its 30th anniversary

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

my favorite made up thing about dprk is they don't allow any screening of foreign films and if you're caught with one you die or get sent to jail

meanwhile, this year the pyongyang international film festival is celebrating its 30th anniversary

what's on the docket for this year? p. sure it's good, given how their summer games are

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
sounds like a real Taedonggang banger

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
welcome back, powerball :)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

i expect la la land to sweep it

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

im gonna stop posting these memes for a bit but i havent really seen any compelling posts yet

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PowerbalI posted:

im gonna stop posting these memes for a bit but i havent really seen any compelling posts yet

Lol

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

tfw ur tv can only tune in to certain channels because otherwise you might be seduced by the decadent soap operas and music videos of the southern traitors

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 252 days!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

tfw ur tv can only tune in to certain channels because otherwise you might be seduced by the decadent soap operas and music videos of the southern traitors

necessary, to protect their people from animes

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
everyone in North korea has secret tvs to watch k drama because thats how important soap operas are in Korea lol

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
North Korea is a fascist dictatorship with a handful of hyperwealthy/military peeps living well while the rest of the country is starving/conscripted

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Ace of Baes posted:

North Korea is a fascist dictatorship with a handful of hyperwealthy/military peeps living well while the rest of the country is starving/conscripted

America in 2024 if Trump gets a second term basically

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
maybe goons would have better hygiene if lowtax was more like the kims

did u liberal revisionist geniuses ever think of that???

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

imperialist fake news

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Ace of Baes posted:

Are you sure the place you heard these "facts" isn't an imperialist conspiracy though?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

PowerbalI posted:

I keep seeing these pro-DPRK memes on facebook and they keep arguing about whether it's good or bad in one of the tankie groups I'm in and I don't really know a lot about it so someone tell me if DPRK is good or bad. I guess they think it's like a conspiracy by imperalists and South Korea that all of the refugee accounts of people who escaped NK are like paid to say that stuff or something and America is bad? I dunno. Thanks 4 your help.

lol who cares about the prk just gimme the d

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

oh! thanks for finding my metrosexualnome

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

its bad op

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

lol this problem was solved for them when the rest of the world switched to digital transmission

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Whether North Korea is good, or bad, is not the most important question for us. The important thing is to stand against military intervention against them. Since Rex Tillerson said military action is on the table right on queue all these stories roll out about how they're so dangerous, how they could nuke us or whatever (they can't) and so on and it's ridiculous. They're not attacking anyone. They're on the other side of the world. Why the gently caress can't we leave them alone? The US rolled out that axis of evil in 2002 with Iran, Iraq, and the DPRK and the version two with Cuba, Libya, and Syria and look at the track record with many of those other countries, the people of North Korea are probably drat thankful they do have nukes at this point. Anyway they're good.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
A Democratic People's Republic sound like it would be a pretty chill place.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Fast Luck posted:

Whether North Korea is good, or bad, is not the most important question for us. The important thing is to stand against military intervention against them. Since Rex Tillerson said military action is on the table right on queue all these stories roll out about how they're so dangerous, how they could nuke us or whatever (they can't) and so on and it's ridiculous. They're not attacking anyone. They're on the other side of the world. Why the gently caress can't we leave them alone? The US rolled out that axis of evil in 2002 with Iran, Iraq, and the DPRK and the version two with Cuba, Libya, and Syria and look at the track record with many of those other countries, the people of North Korea are probably drat thankful they do have nukes at this point. Anyway they're good.

wow. so woke

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb ira- the democratic peoples republic of korea

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

belgend posted:

wow. so woke
me "hey we shouldn't invade Iraq that's stupid"
yiu "wow so woke!!"

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Fast Luck posted:

me "hey we shouldn't invade Iraq that's stupid"
yiu "you shouldn't have invaded it in 1991 either stop thinking imperialism is a recent thing it's been around 4ever"

ftfy

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

why would it be recent, this is a Korea thread afterall lol

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
The US isn't going to invade North Korea. They have nukes, a million-man army and thousands of artillery pieces aimed directly at Seoul. Meanwhile the US has 30,000 troops and a few squadrons of fighters in South Korea. It's not gonna happen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is that american idiot still in prison or did the US manage to get thm to release him?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
it's bad

sry peebs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Remember when Kim Jong Un got gout from eating too much cheese

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

it's

*smiles jucheishly*

Insanely Good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

Remember when Kim Jong Un got gout from eating too much cheese

That just makes him relatable to Americans

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
gin and juche

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Before an old man who knows nothing but is very afraid because he watches cable news defunds it, watch this PBS Frontline Documentary with footage shot secretly inside the Nork kingdom.

PS> Women with the improvised bus service: marry me

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

• Locked thread