Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lmao if you think North Korea has any goal other than indefinitely sustaining the regime

Their goal is to not let us install a puppet dictator in Korea like we did in the fifties. The fact that their leader is already a dictator is nonwithstanding because they've been a pariah state due to our constant meddling in Korean affairs ever since WWII and the Kims have stopped the country from being invaded since the war ended. That is NK's viewpoint. They would not greet us as liberators.

Also lol at Hamprince selective memorying the "axis of evil" poo poo we did right after invading Iraq. Great historical materialism dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Wow, the country we spent six decades doing everything we could to gently caress with for originally being against the dictator that we installed directly to their south for geopolitical reasons is a lovely place to live and doesn't like us? What a surprise

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I'm glad to have the "Everything we did in the Cold War was actually good" thread back. I was wondering what it was like in upside down world

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I'm glad that there are still goons who blindly white knight the most horrible nations on the planet just to be edgy and anti-US

If you're not anti-US I literally do not know what to tell you because we have done some truly heinous poo poo

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

resar posted:

What if both North Korea and and US are bad?

the US is why north korea is bad

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Bro Dad posted:

Its wrong to place sanctions on a fascist dictatorship who routinely threatens unleash a nuclear holocaust on all its neighbors

it is wrong to starve the people of a country because of the way their totalitarian government responds to our intense military provocation of them that we still do after slaughtering like a third of their population during the war.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Wow in this relationship between the most powerful country in the world and a pariah state these people are criticizing the country with all the power??? Crazy poo poo

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

gobbagool posted:

yeah i really love the retro look engine...sort of like how the castro regime was so fond of 50s style american cars that nothing newer was ever allowed there

no wonder your posts are so bad you don't know what an "embargo" is lol

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

gobbagool posted:

Sure i do, but shouldn't have the eternal science of marxist leninism have provided a solution? Or did cuba enter the cheat code on the controller wrong?

Lol at you basically suggesting Cuba should have given up and gone back to being a us backed slave dictatorship.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*coins ideology revolving entirely around economic self-sufficiency*

*uses your hegemonic global superpower status to starve as many innocent people as possible*

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

fiction is whining that the sanctions targeting nk's nuclear program indirectly affect food aid (which nk is reliant upon) because of banking restrictions and the added noteriety which makes donors less willing to give. the US and other western programs still provide food aid though, which is certainly just part of their master plan to starve the north to death homoeopathically

Nobody involved with NK's nuclear program is truly affected by sanctions on food aid. It's purely meant as collective punishment.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the sanctions aren't on food aid

but whatever, it's a free country and u can continue to believe that amerikkka made selling north korea hamburgers illegal if u want

yeah all they did is stop people outside of NK from sending their family and friends money to buy anything they need on the black markets, no prob lol

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
They deserved it for being descendants of people who lived in the North when we tried to institute puppet elections ignoring the UN in the 50s, though. I'm sure there's a good reason for it.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
People aren't literally starving so making it harder for them to buy food and necessary items the only way they can is totes humanitarian. I took glee in evicting a homeless guy and am on the right side of history.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

why is it americas responsibility to feed north koreans and not the government of north korea's

It's not, which is why it's very weird that we are so concerned about who in Korea gets money to buy food.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
It's funny seeing people spout complete falsehoods about Korean history and then smugly act like they should be taken seriously.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*in a khmer rouge voice* why not both?

Uhh the Khmer rouge was the CIA's doing which by your standards should mean you giving them sloppy blowjobs and ignoring all the people they killed because they fought da commies.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Whenever ham posts a Wikipedia article its like a child making GBS threads on the floor and then expecting you to be proud of them.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

not sure how else u would interpret this post but i'm sure there's some real high level material analysis that can process this into something that isnt immensely stupid

Fallen Hamprince posted:

not sure how else u would interpret this post but i'm sure there's some real high level material analysis that can process this into something that isnt immensely stupid

I meant CIA's doing in the same way its always been- sticking their nose into other countries and funding whatever group will take their money to kill poor people, revolutionaries, and in the Rouge's case, intellectuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
A majority of South Koreans want to reunite and reconcile with North Korea, and obviously the DPRK doesn't have any good polls but I've read accounts that say the sentiment is the same over there. I'm not sure how hard Moon Jae-in would push back against the US but he's already expressed resistance to THAAD and so far, Trump has been pretty malleable in terms of foreign policy so I'd be surprised to see him meddle too much if something like that were to happen

• Locked thread