Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I work for my parents company and spend most of my day playing games on my phone.

When we sell up I'm going to go full time games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Universe Master posted:

a european claiming not to be a parasite

will wonders never cease

sacre bleu

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
My parents neglected me emotionally, and getting lost in videogames is the only time I feel safe from the big gay world that doesn't care for you.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I don't work or play video games.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't got no life

so like, i got nothin much to do ya know??

so i play the videogames

I have four hundred thousand hours invested in World of Warcraft, where I am an important orc. I can not stop now... if i stop thats like.. what would that mean? All that time was just a waste?? It meant nothing?? unacceptable

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I buy a lottery ticket every week so I have a small chance to stop working and play video games.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
sometimes i wish i would be transported into the videogames so i could forget my real life and be the cool badass in the videogame instead and bang the hot girl

you know?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
The new mass effect looks like poo poo though, the Asari are all a bunch of uggos now because apparently being a chunky bulldog is considered attractive in a post-reaper universe.

My sci-fi power fantasy protagonist better be able to have HETEROSEXUAL PENIS-IN-SPACE-VAGINA/CLOACA sex with at least a solid 10 or I'm not buying it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
she reminds me of my fat wife

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I work and make a shitload of money, but then I come home and play games.

Am I doing this wrong?

I think I might be, my married friends come home and stare at Netflix while ignoring their wives for 6 hours before they go to bed. Maybe I'm getting too much interaction with people on the internet.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I don't understand, I thought that women with visible jawlines were all transexuals, but now I'm learning that women with round faces are fat and ugly? Wtf...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe if they hire me instead of asking for 3 years of work experience for a basic shop clerk job!!!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

turn off the TV posted:

I don't understand, I thought that women with visible jawlines were all transexuals, but now I'm learning that women with round faces are fat and ugly? Wtf...

If your character doesn't look like an ugly clown you're not playing Bioware games right.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

if only there were an example of a country where the systematic making GBS threads on of the economy and workers rights resulted in people acting like insular weirdos well into their 30s and foregoing employment, adult life and family formation, an island nation to the east of the korean peninsula perhaps

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

These retards need to go to whatever country The Witcher developers are from and learn to make attractive lady faces

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

The Brown Menace posted:

if only there were an example of a country where the systematic making GBS threads on of the economy and workers rights resulted in people acting like insular weirdos well into their 30s and foregoing employment, adult life and family formation, an island nation to the east of the korean peninsula perhaps

No need to poo poo on New Zealand!

Tbh what you need to jumpstart a generation is a good war/national famine.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Pretty sure the ultimate make fantasy is to make movie in a virtual world chopping wood, fashioning armor or sucking dick

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

various cheeses posted:

These retards need to go to whatever country The Witcher developers are from and learn to make attractive lady faces

Witcher devs are from Poland, generally speaking, eastern european women before they hit babushka-age are hot as gently caress. Just look at the new first lady.

am i ugly
Mar 12, 2017

by zen death robot
i like video games

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Lunixnerd posted:

The new mass effect looks like poo poo though, the Asari are all a bunch of uggos now because apparently being a chunky bulldog is considered attractive in a post-reaper universe.

My sci-fi power fantasy protagonist better be able to have HETEROSEXUAL PENIS-IN-SPACE-VAGINA/CLOACA sex with at least a solid 10 or I'm not buying it.
the asari had hosed up cartoon faces in all the games. such a loving weird attempt at wank-fodder.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

it's pretty crazy that people whose sole reason for existing as far as society is concerned is to be a reserve army of labor which just has to not rock the boat in between sporadic stints of being called up for low wage low hour jobs which will never provide them with any sort of stable or reasonably comfortable future end up checking out of society, but also Lol Video Games

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
I am going to visit a game studio tomorrow to do some work OP. I hear that the people there get paid to do video games!?!?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

various cheeses posted:

Are you saying women have to be sexy to be in games? Are you telling me they gotta be eye candy to be allowed to be a character in a game???
omg

OMG

*sounds the tumblr alarm*

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Lol if you choose mowing grass for $9 an hour in the sun over video games. Lol if your time is worth $9 an hour.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Are you saying women have to be sexy to be in games? Are you telling me they gotta be eye candy to be allowed to be a character in a game???
omg

OMG

*sounds the tumblr alarm*
:chloe:

am i ugly
Mar 12, 2017

by zen death robot
i just don't like looking at hideous people all the time

if i wanted to do that i'd go outside or look in a mirror instead of playing video games

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

nice comeback sexist swine

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

ugh video games

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seems a bit much to label this as a solely male problem. Did anyone even bother to ask these people what they identify as?

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
I got a friend like this. Legit wondrt what's gunna happen when his parents kick the bucket, which kinda looks like it won't take too long.

MSPain fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 20, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I, personally, don't jerk it to video game characters. I don't understand why people want to.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

turn off the TV posted:

I, personally, don't jerk it to video game characters. I don't understand why people want to.

Hrumpfh more for me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Half of you will be replaced at your job by a robot in your lifetime

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't think the guys in the new mass affect look that hot either so clearly they just can't make fuckable fictional characters.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

TheKingofSprings posted:

Half of you will be replaced at your job by a robot in your lifetime

not me my job is replacing other people's jobs with robots

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
video games are for children

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I live with my parents while looking for a job, does that count.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Give me video games and a sex robot and women can go out and be garbage collectors and rule society or whatever they wanna do

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lol if you don't play video games at work, phone games in the office, full blown console/pc while you're working from home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't think the guys in the new mass affect look that hot either so clearly they just can't make fuckable fictional characters.

I heard the guy who came up with Krogan and Turian designs was pissed people sexualized them, because he was specifically trying to avoid that. Maybe this is revenge.

• Locked thread