Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Frasier is p good, my favorite episode is the one where he gets the flu and keeps having fever dreams that involve loving the dog or Niles or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Propaganda Hour posted:

Frasier is p good, my favorite episode is the one where he gets the flu and keeps having fever dreams that involve loving the dog or Niles or something.

I like the one where the British guy is nailing him in his dreams, then Freud shows up

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I like that episode of the Simpsons where Sideshow Bob's brother shows up and it's David Hyde Pierce basically doing Niles

There are at least two explicit Frasier references that I can think of off the top of my head in there, aside from the general snooty banter between them the whole episode

There's also an episode of 30 Rock where Kelsey Grammar helps set up an elaborate con job that involves fake cakes for the Frasier Reunion Party, worth watching in general but specifically to hear him angrily threaten to throw some tossed salad and scrambled eggs at someone

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 21, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

I like that episode of the Simpsons where Sideshow Bob's brother shows up and it's David Hyde Pierce basically doing Niles

There are at least two explicit Frasier references that I can think of off the top of my head in there, aside from the general snooty banter between them the whole episode

I don't remember the exact exchange but:

"I went to Harvard, you went to clown college."

"I'll thank you not to refer to Yale that way."

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Kelp Me! posted:

There's also an episode of 30 Rock where Kelsey Grammar helps set up an elaborate con job that involves fake cakes for the Frasier Reunion Party, worth watching in general but specifically to hear him angrily threaten to throw some tossed salad and scrambled eggs at someone

"Guess who!"
"Maris?"

And yes, the Frajer reunion. "I should know. I'm Frajer."

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah that's one, the other is when Bart jumps on him and says "Guess who?" he says "Maris?" which I guess is a double Frasier joke because you never actually see her on that show

They also do one of the title cards midway through: '"Frasier" is a hit show on the NBC television network' with the jazzy music going

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kelp Me! posted:

They were going to have a woman in Cecil's apartment who didn't speak, the NBC people wouldn't allow it because Kelsey + David means that woman is Maris, who is purposefully never shown and is eventually described as an impossible caricature of a human

They also caught major poo poo from Fox for the "Frasier is a hit show on the NBC television network" title card- "please do not advertise successful shows from competing networks, thanks"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah but unsubtle references to other networks being good/Fox being garbage is like a staple of Fox animated shows :haw:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

At what point does the Fras' get a haircut and stop looking like a homeless former symphony conductor? I want to throw on the show while I'm working on some stuff but I don't want to have nightmares about how bad that hair was later

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Kelp Me! posted:

yeah I think I remember something from like 2012 before every cable provider offered on-demand episodes of everything :v:

seriouspost: Frasier is "nothing else is on" funny, not "what do you want to watch?" funny

Frasier is a great "I'm cooking for myself but I don't want to feel alone so I'll put it on in the background to pretend I have people that would tolerate me giving them a free meal" show.

Seinfeld is good for that too but it's not streaming anywhere

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

food court bailiff posted:

At what point does the Fras' get a haircut and stop looking like a homeless former symphony conductor? I want to throw on the show while I'm working on some stuff but I don't want to have nightmares about how bad that hair was later

If I catch a rerun this is usually the litmus test to whether I keep watching, if he has the hair it's an early episode and not as good as the middle ones- I want to say S6 is the best?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tumble posted:

Seinfeld is good for that too but it's not streaming anywhere

I'll have you know that Hulu paid a very large sum of money for those rights back in 2015

https://www.hulu.com/seinfeld

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I like the one where the British guy is nailing him in his dreams, then Freud shows up

That one had the best ending

Frasier: "So I'm not gay, I'm just bored!"
Freud: "Good job my boy, now lets gently caress."

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
i meant a real streaming site worth paying for, like Amazon or Netflix

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

one time when i was drinking with my friends instead of saying davey boy 'british bulldog' smith i said bob 'bulldog' briscoe and people laughed at me so hard that for the rest of the evening i had to pretend i was drunker than i really was to save face

thank you for reading my frasier story

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Peri Gilpin was on a few episodes of King of the Hill and her voice was instantly recognizable, it was like hearing Leela from Futurama for the first time again

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A think I liked about Frasier were the parallels between Niles/Maris and Norm/Vera, (from Cheers, the show that Frasier is a spin off of.)

Maris is an extremely thin, very demanding woman who is doted on by a husband that doesn't love her or even like her.

Vera is a fat woman who is neglected by a husband whoactually deep in his heart loves her dearly.

Neither character is ever shown, only talked about.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Neither character is ever shown, only talked about.

Maris was shown on the show.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

food court bailiff posted:

First episode of season 2, as I recall

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It didn't get quite as bad as a lot of shows that jump the shark, but Niles + Daphne together was just vomit-inducing to watch.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint: Taxi

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Daphne: Oh, here's a gruesome bit. A partly-decomposed body just washed up in Puget Sound!

Martin: Hey, that's good news!

Daphne: [shocked] I beg your pardon?

Martin: Bodies don't rise till the weather gets warmer. You get your first floater, and spring's just around the corner!

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Vakal posted:

Maris in David Hyde Pierce's mind was always Valerie Mahaffey, who played Frasier's secretary in Season 10 and played John Allen Hill's daughter whom Sam tried to seduce in Cheers.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Vakal posted:

I just watched this episode recently.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

beefart posted:

Maris in David Hyde Pierce's mind was always Valerie Mahaffey, who played Frasier's secretary in Season 10 and played John Allen Hill's daughter whom Sam tried to seduce in Cheers.

Huh, I always imagined a bog mummy, since that's what they would always describe.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anime is blood

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
counterpoint: Joey

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Kelp Me! posted:

Anime is blood

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Kelp Me! posted:

Also ppst Roz pics already

Looking for someone to Roz your peg-hole?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That dog knows what the gently caress's up

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

She does have some big 'uns.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Na na na na na flesh is burning

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The leaf cutter ants are a nice touch.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Frasier sucks cocks why is this a thread

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

scrubs season six posted:

Frasier sucks cocks why is this a thread

I was drinking a beer and watching Frasier on the TV and posting on the forums on my phone, so a Frasier thread happened.

Frasier is definitely better than a show like, just picking something completely at random, Scrubs.

naem
May 29, 2011

I liked scrubs

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

naem posted:

I liked scrubs

I enjoyed Scrubs when I was 19 and a dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I enjoyed Scrubs when I was 19 and a dumbass.

It's floating head doctor!! I wonder what wacky hygrincs the gang will up to today