Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Thunder Bear posted:

This thread inspired me to finish Frasier and give some other older sitcoms a shot.

I am loving The Mary Tyler Moore Show right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Calaveron posted:

How wealthy was Frasier that he was out of a job for months, kept up his lavish lifestyle and still managed to lend Roz money like it was no thing
(Also $1500 was apparently enough to tide Roz over for three months)

it was/is possible to make ridic money in radio as a popular host; a 7 figure salary wouldn't be inconceivable for a man popular enough to have his own day - top dudes like stern still have an 8 figure salary from sirius for e.g. tho usually you need to be in politics, money or comedy to have broad enough appeal

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

For a lot of the run Frasier is on Seattle AM radio and he still had that apartment and a live in physical therapist/maid and and.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Give me moore

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There are eps where Frasier has investments going on on the side, and he has been a practicing psychiatrist for years.

Kinda funny though given I'm up to where Niles' divorce is getting official and he has to move into a (still pretty nice) cheap apartment and it freaks him out.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Remember she's a goddamn feminist icon.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Not gonna lie, Laura Petrie was one of my childhood TV lady crushes when WGN ran old "Dick Van Dyke Show" episodes :swoon:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Frasier was making like $200-$300 an hour for like a decade on Cheers before he moved to Seattle, and that was in the 80's when that was a ludicrous amount of money for anyone to be making.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Yeah but wasn't that in private practice though, like that's what he billed patients or their insurers. He wasn't just pulling in 2k a day for 8 hours punched in & out of the clock.

He probably saw a handful of patients weekly or something, I thought Lilith was presented as earning more than him in Cheers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean if you have 3-4 clients a day, that's still barely "part-time" but still clearing a grand a day.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Frasier was almost certainly the best at making rich motherfuckers feel better about themselves, with zero self awareness.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Rich people would just stare the hour looking at his skullet to make themselves feel better
Well i don't know if he had it in Cheers, never watched it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Frasier thread poster watching Cheers:

"This Frasier prequel series sucks."

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That kinda thing happens all the time!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Kissing Lilith too fast can give you an ice cream headache

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Frasier tackling the trumpeter in total silence was some gangster rear end poo poo

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

spog posted:

I always mildly wondered if a physical therapist met the requirements for a work visa in the USA.

It does. We had 2 at a place i used to work at

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Niles would fit right in around here.

"I hate dealing with lawyers... but they make wonderful patients. They always have excellent insurance and they never get better."

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Frasier tackling the trumpeter in total silence was some gangster rear end poo poo

This and the entire radio murder play episode are the two most brilliant things

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Minimalist Program posted:

This and the entire radio murder play episode are the two most brilliant things

That entire episode is the TV writing version of pointing to the bleachers and then hitting a homerun in that exact direction

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in le cigar volant, frasier books the table for Dr Pleasure Dinosaur

and he gets pissy when they don't have his table when he says his name is Dr Frasier Crane

does he understand how booking tables works??

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I thought there was some backstory in one of the episodes or maybe even Cheers that Fraiser had made some investments with his private practice money that really paid off.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

in le cigar volant, frasier books the table for Dr Pleasure Dinosaur

and he gets pissy when they don't have his table when he says his name is Dr Frasier Crane

does he understand how booking tables works??

The stinger at the end is Frasier realizing this days later.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

brugroffil posted:

I thought there was some backstory in one of the episodes or maybe even Cheers that Fraiser had made some investments with his private practice money that really paid off.

Well he certainly cleaned up when he tore down Duke's that pompous son of a bitch!!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok, my Niles and Eddy are dining at Cigar Volant and we *rolls 4* greet the Nearsighted Valet as pulls up

Intercept that Valet with Roz, who has put back on weight and is pretending to be pregnant again because she misses the special treatment. I cast Martin's long side eye so Niles HAS to give it up.

This owns I'm in
I really like this post a lot.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pretty sure at some point people went to Crane parties just to see what would go hilariously wrong this time.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Yeah I really wanted to see the lead-up to the party at the beginning of Daphne Does Dinner with Frasier faking Tourettes and the boys making Martin pretend to be "the Count"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFzVCE7Pz-c

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 22, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Pretty sure at some point people went to Crane parties just to see what would go hilariously wrong this time.

I get some really good food and I get to be part of a ridiculous farce?? Sign me up.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
LE CIGAR VOLANT

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

LE CIGAR VOLANT

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
GOONS, MULTIPLE:
Le Cigar Volant!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
One of my favorite gags is when Niles and Frasier were meeting at Cafe Nervosa and much to their dismay they were wearing the exact same suit and shoes. I like to think the actors weren't aware of this and wardrobe played a joke on them and they just rolled with it

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
this thread inspired me way back when it started to watch the entire series on netflix

i was going to come in and say it's boring but I was already into like, season 8 or whenevery it is that OL GRAMMY MOON shows up

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

this thread inspired me way back when it started to watch the entire series on netflix

i was going to come in and say it's boring but I was already into like, season 8 or whenevery it is that OL GRAMMY MOON shows up

She's the worst. I'm watching the episode where she has a prank war with the least charismatic child actor in history and it's just awful
Redeemed by Frasier's plan of making Bulldog become instinctively sad at the sight of red balloons

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

So did you power through or what

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

So did you power through or what

Yes. I was disappointed Frasier didn’t realize the perfect woman (Roz) was there the entire time

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Roz and Donny were good together

It should've happened; they should've gotten back together

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yes. I was disappointed Frasier didn’t realize the perfect woman (Roz) was there the entire time

Roz was too good for Frasier. She's the secret main character of the show.