Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

And I believe that other game mode basically removes the cutscenes or something? I think I read that anyways.

I have heard this is a good Sonic game and that the voice acting is at least hilarious so honestly I'm going to be there for both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well so far this game can be undeniably creative in its levels, endearingly cute in some of it's dialogue, and... I'm not going to call the rest unbearable but unnecessary I guess?

Also, really, the voice acting itself isn't nearly as bad as I figured it was. Granted there's a couple of jerks talking over a lot of it but it's still pretty okay for a smaller game's effort.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Electrocution is basically the Saturday morning cartoon torture anyways so that didn't really phase me but the mutilation thing was a bit :staredog:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

800 hours is near unfathomable for something that isn't on the level of WoW.

I mean I guess it's at least on some level of WoW because its an RPG but let me tell you about my Mass Effect 2 time played... (BOY THAT WAS SURE WORTH IT, EH ME3?)

Also this isn't really a complaint because I do like seeing the levels just get destroyed but your map knowledge combined with the enemies that aren't threats until they actually attack makes things go super quick. I think the bee enemies are the first ones in a while I've gotten a good look at, and even that is via aggregate, not because I was able to see one for a while :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think I'd be constantly dodging the shooting the background if I was playing this level for the first time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If this is a casual playthrough I have to wonder what a... hardcore? playthrough would look like.

That kind of boss makes me twitch, bringing back memories of similar bosses I couldn't ever beat in childhood... and adulthood (Plague Knight :argh:)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

For how talk-y this game gets not having any dialogue at all during that boss fight with the dog was really... awkward? Like I expected something overly dramatic with a whole lot of "Don't worry about me!" or "I won't do it!" but instead it's just wordless animations and everything is over in less than 30 seconds. I guess I shouldn't complain but it's still weird to go the entire game in one style then switch over to another in what is supposed to be the most dramatic point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The camera really is one of those things you don't notice until it's not working right. Watching the camera move with (nearly) every movement the character makes at such a close distance was indeed pretty disorienting if it went on for longer than a few seconds.

• Locked thread