Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Huh, didn't see much of this game apart from the Steam Greenlight campaign and thought it was someone's fan project. That it has so much VA work and varied design in its levels is kind of surprising.

I actually kind of like the fact that the VA quality is at about the level of a second-string PS1 game or a cartoon from the 90s nobody watched, it makes it seem a little endearing in that sense.

Samovar posted:

Ok, Major/Minor has one advantage over this - it isn't voiced.

I am quite certain that the story won't be that bad, especially given we don't already have a profoundly unlikable deuteragonist to follow.

The plot thread is kind of confusing, though, between the villain appearing in two completely different contexts in consecutive scenes and our hero's attempt to save someone in a crashed plane suddenly derailing into a snake fight.

I liked the gag right at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Yeah, that is a LOT of cutscene. I remember seeing a look at this game where the player actually skipped the scene after Milla showed up and I had no idea that it would have taken that long otherwise.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer

Ultigonio posted:

And I'm glad you're enjoying the LP! We deliberated on its creation for at least a year, it's good to see that passion, knowledge, and handsome voices sell an LP as well as ever.

I will absolutely agree that you have delivered on this LP, as I am finding it quite fun.

With that in mind, I will agree that today's end-stage cutscene is indeed terrible and should have not been there. Why they opted to cut out a level but leave that in is a mystery for the ages.

• Locked thread