Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't name a genre I like that Japan doesn't do better. Burnout maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

it's a stealth play by nintendo to get people to compare botw's exploration with skyrim ('see that mountain?')

They even have the terrible dlc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

RTS is the only genre western devs make better and its dead.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I never played God Hand either b/c the hype surrounding it got to be too godly for my teen mind to handle

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS, Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Breath of the Wild, Nier Automata, Resident Evil VII, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Ever Oasis, Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age, Splatoon 2, Yakuza Kiwami, Ys VIII, Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Forces, Xenoblade II, yeah, it's the Year of Japan

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/jncrpt.webm

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just had a horrifying realization: although Japan delivered an insane amount of earnest GOTY candidates, like Final Fantasy XV, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nier Automata, Resident Evil VII, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and more, all the American GOTY awards are going to go to Bethesda's Wolfenstein sequel so people can use their awards lists/shows as a platform for their tepid political takes fffffffuuuuuuuuu

PUBG is gonna take every GOTY due to its ease of instant streaming income despite 75% of the userbase being Chinese idlers farming cool drops

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Okami is one of those games that has perpetually been on my must play list for like 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's not a significant accomplishment

• Locked thread