Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

Weekly reminder that they made consistent and major improvements in 2016.

The cars finished the races at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

The cars finished the races at least.

They were considerably faster than 2015 and got faster over the course of the season.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how the gently caress you go backwards, honda is trash

f u c k h o n d a

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Has Nando completed more laps this year in F1 or Indycar?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

wicka posted:

Honda has bought a new MGU-H for both drivers this weekend, hence they'll both likely start last. Other "new parts" available to test as well. It's happening!!!!

(it's not happening)

lmbo they haven't even touched the loving disaster that is the combustion chamber.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Definitely IndyCar. I don't actually know but definitely IndyCar.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

lmbo they haven't even touched the loving disaster that is the combustion chamber.

Right? It's amazing. Literally no ICE upgrades.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

How many times is Stroll smashing into the wall this weekend?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
He had his home race boost which apparently amounts to a points finish and not crashing.

Now he's back on foreign territory and Baku itself will carry him to the gates of Valhalla-- shiny and chrome.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Can't wait for the AI designed monstrosity car

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I want all AI poo poo to be banned world wide. It's a dumb gimmick that does nothing other than make life boring and meaningless.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I want all AI poo poo to be banned world wide. It's a dumb gimmick that does nothing other than make life boring and meaningless.

Guess it's time to ban infinite front wing elements then.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd settle for just talking about AI to be banned, or talking about the universe being a simulation to be banned.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-sauber-drivers-surprised-kaltenborn-921339/

Reading that is depressing because the way Ericcson talks about it and the way Wehrlein does pretty much confirms that she left because of the pay driver situation.

Wehrlein's "no comment" and "Monisha called me personally about it" to Ericcsson's "I didn't even get a call from her" lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Indy 500: 179/200
F1 Season: 267/358

The cruelty in looking this up is how he's blown up in most races with less than 5 laps to go, just to twist the knife.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-sauber-drivers-surprised-kaltenborn-921339/

Reading that is depressing because the way Ericcson talks about it and the way Wehrlein does pretty much confirms that she left because of the pay driver situation.

Wehrlein's "no comment" and "Monisha called me personally about it" to Ericcsson's "I didn't even get a call from her" lol

Ericsson's "oh ok" bit cracked me up.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Look how the thread's posters have grown. There's hope for all of us, even when we poo poo-post

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm pretty sure drgitlin despises everyone in here. Also I was really rude to him a couple years back. If only I knew I was being a dick to a respected writer :smithicide:

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm pretty sure drgitlin despises everyone in here. Also I was really rude to him a couple years back. If only I knew I was being a dick to a respected writer :smithicide:

I was rude to him when I first started posting. In fact, I have been rude to all of you.

Maybe that's why I am not a writer for a respected website.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
At least you look upon us all as equals..... underneath the heel of your boot.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Brainwrong posted:

Look how the thread's posters have grown. There's hope for all of us, even when we poo poo-post

Once I get a few drinks in me normal service will resume.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
I've been posting in F1 threads for 13 years.

Jesus wept.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Theophany posted:

Once I get a few drinks in me normal service will resume.

I was referring to the writer of the article. He's one of us

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-timberlake-concert-austin-schedule-change-921470/

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

"Oh ok, I thought he would feel the same way."

- Driver who has watched his teammate drag their soapbox derby car into the points while barely finishing races

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

:capitalism:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Just watched the finish to the 2006 Assen MotoGP race and :stare:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

lol

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
AMuS says the Honda upgrades are expected to be between 12 to 30hp and Honda is using Friday to confirm whether they're even worth running :negative:

Also apparently Stroll had a 43kph advantage when he overtook Alonso in Canada.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
jesus christ lol

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Nico's social media is full of images like this. Who takes them? Does he have a photographer around him at all times? There's some weird Instagram branding/lifestyle thing going on and it creates this weird artificial vibe like your life is essentially one continuous volume of Hello magazine.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Sulman posted:

Nico's social media is full of images like this. Who takes them? Does he have a photographer around him at all times? There's some weird Instagram branding/lifestyle thing going on and it creates this weird artificial vibe like your life is essentially one continuous volume of Hello magazine.

nicowave

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sulman posted:

:chloe:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Sulman posted:

Nico's social media is full of images like this. Who takes them?

The suit maker that pays him to wear what he's wearing and the watch he has on.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

AMuS says the Honda upgrades are expected to be between 12 to 30hp and Honda is using Friday to confirm whether they're even worth running :negative:

This is a totally reasonable and acceptable upgrade for the MGU-H, tbh. What's not acceptable, as you mentioned earlier, is that they haven't even touched the ICE. That update was originally planned for Monaco, and we're still waiting.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Maybe Honda just said gently caress it and is waiting to get dumped and go to sauber

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

That's a bad comparison because Williams typically run some of the lowest downforce/highest top speed setups. Earlier in the season Alonso reckoned he needed another 50bhp, so 12-30 is a pretty good step (admittedly the other engines will have improved since)

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

This is a totally reasonable and acceptable upgrade for the MGU-H, tbh. What's not acceptable, as you mentioned earlier, is that they haven't even touched the ICE. That update was originally planned for Monaco, and we're still waiting.

AMuS says to hold tight it's gonna come after the summer break lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

AMuS says to hold tight it's gonna come after the summer break lol

Spa??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
McLaren will improve enough to luck a win in Singapore and Alonso will be cursed to stay with them forever as a a finger slowly curls on the monkey's paw

• Locked thread