Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

Also lmao @ Kimi getting renewed. He can clearly still hack it but lol that new contract is probably an old Rubens Barrichello one they dug up and just scratched out Rubens and wrote Kimi's name instead.

Leclerc to either Haas or Sauber confirmed. Most likely Sauber. The Massa route essentially of getting acclimitised in a team with little pressure and learning the technicalities of F1 before getting put in a fuckin' Ferrari seat.

heck, I'm glad he'll still be around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsoVhAT5X8

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx1sRHlRgEE

lmaooo that jump from 2013 to 2016 was jarring. gently caress.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Verstappens contract expires after 2018, so Kimi is just keeping the seat warm for him next season. No reason to get a rookie aboard for just a year when you plan to give the 2019 WDC a Ferrari seat. It's easier to keep Kimi for another year.

It all makes sense now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LochNessMonster posted:

Verstappens contract expires after 2018, so Kimi is just keeping the seat warm for him next season. No reason to get a rookie aboard for just a year when you plan to give the 2019 WDC a Ferrari seat. It's easier to keep Kimi for another year.

It all makes sense now.

Vettel and Verstappen?

That'd be my dream team.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The Ferrari V boys

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Lol at Vettel staying at that team if they sign Verstappen.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Where would Vettel go

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

geonetix posted:

Where would Vettel go

McHonda. Wither next to Nando.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Nando is not withering, he's just generating Japan Samurai anger to win the 2018 WDC. And 2018 Indy 500. And 2018 Le Mans Overall.

(Is he still doing this Japanese spiritualism thing on twitter? I don't really follow that)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There's 4 Ferrari seats.

1) Vettel reigns supreme
2) Raikkonen is a subserviant power bottom to Vettel
3) Leclerc will be the superstar-in-waiting at Sauber
4) Giovinazi will be Leclerc's subserviant power bottom in waiting

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I also think unless frog boy undergoes a major attitude adjustment his tenure at Ferrari would be incredibly short lived.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

1500quidporsche posted:

I also think unless frog boy undergoes a major attitude adjustment his tenure at Ferrari would be incredibly short lived.

They're racing drivers, everybody at F1 needs a major attitude adjustment.

I'm trying to think who the chillest driver is. Hamilton? Massa?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Michael Schumacher

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Michael Schumacher

:eyepop:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Zaphod42 posted:

I reckon Hamilton is a nervous wreck waiting to happen. Massa probably but I think underneath the chill exterior is the stereotypical fiery South American waiting to burst out. Definitely neither of those.

Got to be Jenso... oh wait :(

Ricciardo maybe?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Michael Schumacher

:iceburn:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Zaphod42 posted:

Kimi sometimes loses his chill over the radio, so maybe the other finn?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

pik_d posted:

Kimi sometimes loses his chill over the radio, so maybe the other finn?

MINIMAL TALKING

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

gret posted:

MINIMAL TALKING

That's just saying "hello" in Finnish though.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

geonetix posted:

Where would Vettel go
Hamilton retires to make rap music, then we get a German from Germany in a German car on a German team. How great would that be?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

If you've not watched 'Williams' andif it's not been mentioned before, Frank literally bought close to bin tyres in the early days

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Do you like cats? Because feral cats have literally invaded the whole Dandenong area and are clearly planning something.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think the "driver changes per season" rule exists because of Williams. He once employed and fired a driver named Masami Kuwashima after a single practice session at Fuji in '76; one of I think 9 drivers he used that year.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

djssniper posted:

If you've not watched 'Williams' andif it's not been mentioned before, Frank literally bought close to bin tyres in the early days

I've not but any time I hear Frank Dernie talk about the early days at Williams it sounds like the ideal place I'd want to work at.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Somebody took a picture of Angela Merkel watching Our Lewis win an F1 race... it speaks for itself

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/6vcfs5/how_to_spot_a_german_during_gamescom/

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Hamilton retires to make rap music, then we get a German from Germany in a German car on a German team. How great would that be?

I'm on board with the Hamilton retires part

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

enri posted:

Ricciardo maybe?

Nah he can be a dick sometimes

gret posted:

MINIMAL TALKING

lol

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Hamilton retires to make rap music

Nico Rosberg has spent the last year secretly making a rap album of his own and is just sitting on it and plans to release it the week before Lewis's drops.

"44 is a joke"

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Ferrari have been far too loyal to their long term drivers for ages now. Boobens, Massa, Kimi 1, Kimi 2, all should have been dropped from the team way earlier (ok maybe not Kimi's first go round)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

enri posted:

Ricciardo maybe?

He's just as big of a bitch as Webber is but he's trying to hide it under his 'smiley' persona. Sucks rear end, drinks from a sweaty shoe, bad driver.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

gret posted:

MINIMAL TALKING

New thread rule

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AgentJotun posted:

Ferrari have been far too loyal to their long term drivers for ages now. Boobens, Massa, Kimi 1, Kimi 2, all should have been dropped from the team way earlier (ok maybe not Kimi's first go round)

Ferrari is a driver 1 and driver 2 kind of team. If you can help to win the WCC i dont see why they should drop you. But yeah Leclerc should drive for the Scuderia soon.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Motorsport confirms Honda has been working with Ilmor: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-faces-engine-dilemma-as-honda-gets-ilmor-boost-943641/

And that Vandoorne has been retained for 2018: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-confirms-vandoorne-for-2018-season-943706/

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

In a few years we're gonna forget Vandorne was even a McLaren driver.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
and that mclaren was a team

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

dentist toy box posted:

In a few years we're gonna forget Vandorne was even a McLaren driver.

I regularly forget that both Kevin Magnussen and Sergio Perez drove for McLaren.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dubs posted:

and that mclaren was a team

If not for Wikcka I would've already forgotten about them haha.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

If not for Wikcka I would've already forgotten about them haha.

I’ve only done my duty, nothing more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

It does mildly annoy me that for the past six months I've been saying they need to hire Illien and build the V6 for testing and despite them doing both those things now I'm not a dollar richer.

• Locked thread