Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

AgentJotun posted:

Re - Grand Tour chat. I think the guys had the totally wrong idea for what people wanted 'more of' in Top Gear. It wasn't pretty camera work, massive explosions, ridiculous stunts and studio segments. People want more Hammond, May and Clarkson bickering off the cuff about some trivial poo poo, more of those rare unscripted little jokes after a long day filming together, more of an impression that its these three guys getting their hands dirty with the challenges/car repairs etc, more 'real' adventures.

First step would be to reduce the massive crew. I think they had 40 guys with them for the Argentina special! God knows how many for the Nambia one on TGT.

Yeah, I've gone a bit cold on it in all honesty, not aggressively so but I just can't be bothered to watch it at the moment. I remember Top Gear being the highlight of my TV watching at one point but..... perhaps times have changed. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Finally, it's been a long time. :)

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Hey fellow Brits, is Now TV reliable for the Sky F1 channel? I gave up paying monthly for Sky as it's a bit poo poo. I can get a day pass to the Sky sports channels as far as I know. I have a decent ISP so I don't tend to have any bandwidth issues. I only really want it for F1.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
OK, cheers fellas.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

wicka posted:

Paddy Lowe >>>>> Christian Horner

Yeah I like Paddy, Horner always comes across as a bit slimy to me somehow.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

I swear Kimi was a Siamese cat in a former life.

Hamilton sounds like he's pushing the gently caress out of his Merc. Or he's having a heart attack.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Now the race begins.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

RIP Lewis's race

Vettel has to pit again doesn't he?

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Bottas out now, this is getting better for Ferrari all the time.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Best race so far this year I have to say.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Whatever happens I don't want to see Vet and Ham take each other out near the end. That would be a let down to the whole thing.

e: I assumed Kimi would've been in the bar by now.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
If Vet is going to do anything it better be about now.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Looked like Vet breaking too late to me.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Well played Lewis. Alonso finished a race!

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Always good to see Ric on the podium.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Theophany posted:

He's a self obsessed petulant man baby.

They man-hugged outside before they got weighed.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

What did Massa say on the radio about Vettel? It sounded like "I think he's afraid of women" which while undoubtedly true is kind of a non-sequitur.

You should be afraid of women. They live longer than us as a rule, evolution is giving us a hint.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I like Perez, he's honest at least.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I like Lewis as a Brit but I think his arrogance got the best of him again. He should have put the laps in early to get a safe place into the next session. Love seeing Kimi on pole again at last though. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835O98ei3-Y

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I want Perez in a faster car.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Halo14 posted:

Anyone played Project Cars? It's real cheap on Steam right now. Looking for another game before F1 2017 comes out.

As long as you don't have an AMD graphics card you should be fine. nvidia cards only in my experience with the game. The karting bits are a bit crap but everything else feels good to drive.

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 10, 2017

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

iospace posted:

Stoffel showing disrespect to Massa.

Dunno how I feel about this one.

Now you mention it they both look equally confused/angry all of the time to me. I tend to be on the side of Massa though, he doesn't get much luck considering he's a good driver in the bigger scheme of things.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

GramCracker posted:

I'd like to put her in my car, If Ya Know What I Mean Fellas :smug:

Is she the one that has legs that go on longer than time itself? If so sign me up.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Woah Magnussans turbo sounded weird there.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
You can tell Kimi worked for a good few years here in England with his language. :laugh: It never gets old.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I was expecting the Mercs to run away with this but I'm glad I'm wrong so far.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Holy crap Lewis!

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
This has been some great racing. Roll on tomorrow, I can't wait.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Welp, I'm done. :cry:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
How hosed up is Michael Douglas right now?
edit: talking of poles.......... I wonder if he still blames the cancer he had on oral sex?

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 10, 2017

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy poo poo. They filmed the entire raft race lmao. It's almost 30 minutes long!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NK3DRezrpQ

I'm glad to see F1 cheer up after all the years of Bernie making everybody depressed.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Yeah that too.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Congrats on getting sent a childrens torso.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I have the feeling this is going to be a great race.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
The Renaults are looking a bit tasty. I want them to kick the bull in the balls.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Slow your role Alonso! I love you but know when to bite.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I'd love to see Perez get another podium but oh well, was expecting more fun from the race in general.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
what the gently caress is happening Patrick, you so high!

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
whats it like being slower than you team mate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I'm not gay but I want to have sex with Patrick Stewart.

• Locked thread