Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Ricciardo is going to beat Verstappen and Kimi will struggle to have the physical fitness required with the increased G forvces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Oh and pop this somewhere in the OP before you get banned for probation evasion, ta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1DGhiYX_4g

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Force India picture needs swapping with a proper pink one

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Tony Fernandes bought the rights to use the Lotus racing brand when he started a new team. They were sort of poo poo but tried hard and painted their cars a nice shade of green. Renault flaked out of F1 and Proton decided it was a good opportunity to remind people they own the Lotus road car brand and painted the car a lovely ripoff of the JPS Lotus livery. Tony Fernandes couldn't be arsed with the squabble and renamed his team Caterham

e: What wicka said

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 22, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Halo14 posted:

That Haas is sexy.

This is the new test for identifying Americans (it looks awful, mate)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

I do like the big fat rear tyres a stupid amount. They bring an actual smile to my face

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Currently the fizzy wine in F1 isn't even actual Champagne

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Wibbly wobbly Haas providing comic relief at least

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Those times posted earlier are wrong. Quali is 6am GMT, Race is 6am BST. I think the other times are for Sky's coverage

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'd almost forgotten what it's like to have genuine tension all through quali.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
FOM have uploaded 15 videos to the Formula 1 youtube channel so far this weekend. Bernie's spinning in his grave

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

GramCracker posted:

Bernie died? RIP Are Bernard

The undead have graves too

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Khablam posted:

Oh gently caress my life.
It's clocks-forward weekend in the UK which makes the coverage start at 'technically' 4am local time.

I like this sport and this is worth it.

You're welcome to get up at 4am, but the race doesn't start until 6am BST (you went the wrong way)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Which will be higher: McLaren points or McLaren engines used?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Norns posted:

RoGro definitely seems to be out driving the car. But seems happy about it.

He won't be when the brakes conk out on him on lap 50

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

You can see he made a slight error in 11/12, so he could've gone faster

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Norns posted:

Who knew the thread would love a Frenchman driving an American car?

He's Swiss

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I think we can all agree that Kimi is trash and needs to retire ASAP

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Norns posted:

How far back was he at the end? I couldn't tell since they loving DIDN'T HAVE TIMINGS...

22.393s. His teammate could've had a pit stop and finished ahead of him

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Khablam posted:

Glad the thread just leaves the obvious disparaging comments about lollylolpalmer on the table.
Someone who gets shown up by loving Kmag of all people, to such an extent people think Kmag was good in comparison.

Stroll is laughably not ready for F1 but at least that's entertaining to watch. Someone who under-performs by seconds whilst moaning about the car should just be shot.
F1 needs summary executions.
And sprinklers.

I'm all for making fun of Palmer, but his car was clearly not working right

Speaking of which, Renault had a worse weekend than Honda in terms of engine reliability, which is pretty funny

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Vando posted:

Excuse me I heard people talking poo poo about Kimi "The Ice Man" Raikkonen in this thread and I'd just like to remind you all that he did the fastest lap ergo he is the fastest driver and you best back off ok

If anything that underlines his lack of effort. Capable of putting in the fastest lap but still 22 seconds slower than his teammate

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

What was the best era of this thread?

2009, the year of everyone realising they were wrong and that that Jenson Button is in fact cool and good

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The 2017 Aquafresh US Grand Prix

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I think certain tracks will favour Ferrari, others Mercedes and Red Bull aren't actually that far off, so there's a decent chance of some competition for one or both of the championships, even if there's not much actual competition on the track (at the front)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Bryter posted:

Feels like actually hating the guy involves taking him way more seriously than he merits

Only extremely polarised opinions are permitted on the internet. Creating Lewis Hamilton hatefuck fanfiction is preferred

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Remember when Takuma Sato overtook Fernando Alonso in Canada :allears:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Human Grand Prix posted:

We're long overdue for a good Italian. Fisichella was arguably the last one.

I won't stand for this. Fisi was incredibly shite.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Tony Montana posted:

Nah, I've heard this a couple now. Honda America has nothing to do with Honda Japan. Just like HP was both HPE and HPT (HP Enterprise and HP Technology), they actually had nothing to do with each other. They've recently seperated, HPE is now just HPE and has it's own logo (which is dumb), but for the longest time anyone on the outside saw one 'HP' which was actually two totally separate companies doing totally different things. Go back to where I crap on about the ownership of Ferrari, which is a long and complicated musical chairs. Modern branding is a byzantine maze of theory and intuition and nobody really understand it other than the executive boards.

HPE is now DXC.technology :eng101:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

DXC is just HPE's services/consulting/outsourcing arm. Of course, that's like half the company. The rest is still HPE.

Yeah sorry HP Enterprise split into HP Enterprise and HP Enterprise Services and HP Enterprise Services merged with CSC to form DXC.technology

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
"Everyone [acts like they are] close to me and it's like I have a depression, and it's not like that."

Fernando Alonso Worst Thread reader: confirmed

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm legitimately surprisedthat I'm the first to comment on McLaren's abortion of a T-wing

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Khablam posted:

You're not.

drat you for making me re-read the last few pages to discover that in fact there was no mention of McLaren attaching a coathanger to their sharkfin

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

I'll never recover from this

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

More like dreams of power

They did eventually find the L, but that doesn't explain why they had a spare E

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

It's pretty clear that McLaren is still good at making race cars and Alonso is still very good at driving them. The Honda engine is very likely down on power compared to last year, it's unreal he got it into Q2.

13-14kph down on the merc in the speed trap

Fastest sectors -9kph S1, -10kph S2, -7kph S3

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Could you not have let me enjoy the prospect of my one true love's return to f1 and Alonso having a blast at the 500 without having to put up with tedious attempts at jokes about the slow death of the nation I grew up in?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

in which you grew up*

Pedantry is a thing up with which I will not put

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

iospace posted:

Instead of being the traffic in Nando's case, this year anyway?

Not exactly traffic if you can be passed within a lap

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Theophany posted:

I really dig the cameras on the roll hoops of Indy cars, swivelling as they overtake. That's rad and F1 should do it.

F1 did this a couple of years ago, there was even a swivelling thermal cam once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Best swivelcam moment I think was the camera swivelling backwards in sync with an overtake so it looked like a dickheadish turn and wave back as you pass

• Locked thread