Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Your avatar is loving awesome man.

You're kart is nice.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
As an american its actually multiclass endurance.

I'll see myself out now.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
worst thread is actually...

good?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

I want a Fernando Alonso kart

no you dont

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Aren't they a rebrand of Tonykart? Or am I thinking of the Riccardo one.

Riccardo is a birelart rebrand iirc, fa is tonykart, yeah.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Presumably the chassis last as long as a Honda engine then.

Have you tried the Rotax/Vega tires by chance? I'm on the fence about buying a new set of tires for races this year.

Im a lo206 / bridgestone driver, no experience with 2strokes or any other tires.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Kart is as fragile as his mind

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

He's not joking. The chassis last about a year and turn to garbage​ and get all bent up.

Hence me buying used am29 birels and not thinking about new chassis ever.

Teammate of mine flipped an arrow, or a comet eagle, i think theyre just rebrands, at 50 mph thru a hay bale and kart was perfectly fine, although he broke his hand.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
drat shame usa only does evrything else the best, and not racing

Truly a drat shame

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Brb im on the phoe with trump, were good buds, he says he can ban all aussie scientist from american labs, and that it is a great idea

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Their pretty popular here among the high rollers but they have a reputation for being pretty forgiving when they are new. Kart dealer always says if you really want to learn then don't buy a Tonykart.

I have a pre-bankruptcy PCR and the thing is a loving tank. It's from like 2007 and you really gotta drive the poo poo out of it to get it to work. Saw an Arrows shifter get into an accident that tore the control arm and wheel off another kart on a standing start and the Arrows was totally fine, those things look like they could survive a bomb hit.

Ill tryto get u some chassis info maybe, my mechanic pushed a pcr kart to national champ in TaG a couple times, ill ask him if you got any questions.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
We are all raceists here though, and it is all raceist posting.

1500quid, send me a pm with your chassis and ill see what i can do, race tomorrow so it might be something i ask him about later in the week.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Cool, ill see what i can do, no promises, also send what engine.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
so was the race good?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

pik_d posted:

and there was an on-track overtake for the lead after lap 1.

Oh my god

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tsaedje posted:

Winning and immediately retiring has the feel of scoring a goal, picking up the ball and going home

which is the best loving way to do it

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

wicka posted:

Billy Monger, a god drat legend, is already up and about coaching younger kids: https://twitter.com/virtusmsport/status/863752393720201217

this makes me insanely happy right now

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
verstappen sucks and is an idiot

lmao bottas touched his rear tire and flung him into verstappen

OhsH fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 15, 2017

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i would beg to differ, based upon my rigorous thought process of

1.) he bad

2.) he dumb

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

No hes good. Its not like youre going to respond with anything more intelligent than that

so ive got the point of the thread, right?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Max is the kid who discovered hes actually fast as poo poo and figures the racecraft just came automatically

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

learnincurve posted:

It was sheer rookie level arrogance to push kimi sideways instead of leaving the track.

Source your quotes

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Hang on, I thought this thread had agreed that the sound didn't matter?

It doesn't

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
lmao, nice, this thread is on fire

note: bbw is unknown to tony because he's not a complete loving slobbering idiot (bbw i mean)

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

Doesnt historic mean old and slow? I dunno man

i thought everybody got insanely dick hard for the historic f1 sounds

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
he drove sennas mclaren, you were correct.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

Have fun. Please dont cocaine and drive.

actually do because it is insanely fun and good

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

Intimidated by BBWs iracing challenge

Im very willing to put the 1 dollar up for a server.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

Its ok man. Lots of people agree with me. Many more im sure love how I just tell the Yanks their oval racing is a loving joke and we all laugh at them for it.

indy 500 is the epitome of racing, sorry to tell you this

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

jesus christ. this is how brexit happened

Do you know who Richard Hammond is?

Is he the guy who drove through the south wih man love rules ok painted on his car?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

yeah he is this brit that loves everything American. they let him drive an nascar or something and he pooed all over the place

a lot like you. you should look him up

Sorry i never learned bowel control

poo poo i signed my posts

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
And so will the indy 500.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Also incidentally I remember Mercedes running their slicks backwards a few years back to help wear, was there any ill effects from that? One of my front tires are about to cord and it'll last a lot longer on the other side.

Yeah dude, take em off and switch rims

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
If you are Paul di Resta, how do you explain your poor performance in laustizring??

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Has Paul Tracy ever had a meltdown over doing basic maintenance on his son's kart?

Honestly though, who hasn't.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

The only thing I melt down about is changing tires. But then again there's something slightly sketchy about putting 60psi through a tire to make it seat on a bent rim and using your foot in place of a tire cage.

Get a loving tire cage, ive heard of a lot more psi to stretch tires with no issues though.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Pretty hosed for Saturday's kart race. All my pre-season running so far has been on "near-corded" tires, I'm about a second and a half off the midfield pace, and my engine is still down on power. Going to need to Button this one.

Beg somebody for used tires, you dont seem cunty enough to have every driver you race with hate you.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Will they even let you use the old tires? Mine runs mandatory tires, either way sooomebody'll throw you a bone if your tires are that close. Can't fix your engine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

It's like $450 or something.

Jesus christ

• Locked thread