Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That's actually not that bad a stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can we not go too hard on the puns though? Like, I can understand that Lewis Hamilton means f1 driver poois shamilton, but if he were called loses whinge-a-ton it gets a bit hard to follow.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Thanks Ants posted:

The Frog will be less of a hate figure as soon as someone else turns up and is over-hyped in their first season

Lance stroll?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

Could you not have let me enjoy the prospect of my one true love's return to f1 and Alonso having a blast at the 500 without having to put up with tedious attempts at jokes about the slow death of the nation I grew up in?

I'm new here and given the state of the world I've got a big list of countries you may have grown up in.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Although the 206/xsara/focus were fun to watch, I really miss wrc when it was proper sedans rallying. That was good fun.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bah, rain. We'll race in the desert.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Clarence posted:

Bernie is going to buy Interlagos and then try to charge F1 to come and race there, isn't he?

The way it's written it sounds like he had disdain for the fans.
"I tried to make money for f1, those idiots just want to pander to the fans. Pfft."

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Why is enginer supplying capped at 12m/year? If you're losing money on it, why would you...?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is Alonso toast already? Wtf.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd like to take Claire on a Stroll if you know what I mean lads.

A stroll to the shredder with lance's contract

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Brundle, please don't ever use the phrase "THE KIMSTER" ever ever again

It's okay, he also seemed to call him buttass

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Verstappen thinking Ferrari have made a good strategy call. Ooooo boy

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Stroll out, but it might not be his fault?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lol, I hope hammy gets done for holding up ricciardo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This is a great race.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Don't let hammy through bottas, you're trying to win a world championship out there.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Give'em hell, Alonso. I love that he openly shits on the engine over the radio.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Those marshals getting applauded is adorable

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Go nando! What a pass

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I hope hammy finishes out front by 4.5 seconds, to the point where even with the penalty he would've been better off flooring it into the pits.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I love the pink force Indias, but I can't shake the feeling that they should be sponsored by pepto bismol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Alonso "whatever you want, man" :saddowns:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I like these little chats with otmar szafnauer. He seems like a pretty cool dude.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can we vote for the driver of the day as Sainz?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I just realised that hammy has to get past AND build a 5 second lead. I hope he makes the pass. Screw him.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Realised after I posted. My bad. Screw Hamilton.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Stay out there Alonso. Don't pull over. Crawl to the line...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I swear the sky guy said vettel's had a duel with the 2016 champion.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Powershift posted:

Vettel looks like the happiest man in the world up there.

Absolutely exuberant. It was cute.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Good god, out of nowhere. It looks like the guy ahead of him barely avoided it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

McGuinty posted:

Keep loving that sister!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

It wasn't a bold prediction but credit where credit is due

Credit where credit is due for being wrong? One was a DNS :colbert:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

You got proof to back that up? I mean, it's pretty obvious that they ran the plate as a joke and then when the resulting violence occurred they acted as if it wasn't and was a total oversight, but drat that is the longest waiting game for a backfired joke if true.

I remember he had a big soft spot for the 928 that resonated with me. I spend stupid money on my old wanker of a V8 GT.

The article I read said the vehicle was purchased for the special, and that the original owner meant it as a reference to the falklands. Either way we should go back to talking about F1 and not UK-Argentina politics.
I still think that crash was Sainz's fault.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A lot of randoms show up for the 500, it isn't like indycar normally has a field of 33. What's her problem?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How fast to GP2 cars go relative to F1 cars in the eras where people died all the time? Like of those links posted on the last page, surely at least 3 of them would've been fatalities with 1970s standards of safety.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Norns posted:

What flavor is it

Sweat and champagne from a boot flavour.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Will buxton tried to write an article in response to the other ones about alonso going to the 500. It's... okay?

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/139953-buxton-alonso-and-alternative-facts

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So the race starts in about 50 minutes?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

DC just follows people around when it looks like they're trying to get away from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

cgfreak posted:

I don't think Fernando's car is actually broken, he just decided doesn't want to put up with the McHonda today

Was about to say that. Even the commentators are joking about it.

• Locked thread