Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Christian Horner posted:

He has come up with this idea to send him to Indianapolis, but he must be barking mad. It is the nuttiest race I have ever seen.

There is no testing. He is just going to jump in the car. Turn 1 is a proper Turn as well, it is not easy flat all the way around. So I think he needs to see a psychiatrist personally."

Yip, no six days of testing or rookie induction, just jumping in the car.

Christian Horner posted:

Would we let out drivers do it? No. I believe if a driver commits to a team, it is a bit like disappearing with another girlfriend halfway through the year and then coming back. It doesn't seem the right thing to be doing."

Kind of like leaving your pregnant wife for a spice girl? Atleast he didn't go back though!

Deepfried fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Dubs posted:

mclaren tag should be an australian flag in honor of ourbruce

Honest mistake or taking the piss? Cause Bruce was a Kiwi.

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

Yes please if it's not too late. Centered.

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Basticle posted:

Top 5 is super close.

I'm surprised I got any points at all after forgetting to set my predictions, still had Ferrari 1-2 set from Monarco.

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

lol Mansell is also a paranoid narcissist.

In addition to the 10 second penalty he was given 3 points on that discipline chart. 3 more points and he gets a race ban so he's on thin ice.

True but the ban is for 12 penalty points within 12 months. Two of his current nine expire in July so he'll be back down to seven, so only needs to keep his nose clean for a race or two.

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

I was 6 when Senna treated Tamburello like Prost.

I was 16 and watching it live.

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

So with Big Bobby K completing over 300Km in a current car at (assumingly) racing speeds, he now qualifies for a Super Licence right...?

Deepfried fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 3, 2017

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

I don't think he ever lost his superlicense?

Some big changes came in 2016.

I believe they have to be renewed year on year and even past/present F1 drivers must have contested at least 5 Grands Prix in the past season, or 15 Grands Prix over the previous three years.

However Kubica should now qualify due to this :

Wikipedia posted:

Appendix L also allows the FIA to award a Super Licence to a driver who does not meet the normal criteria if a vote reveals unanimous agreement by the members, and provided that the driver has completed 300 kilometres of testing at racing speeds in a current car.

I remember reading Schumi wouldn't have qualified for his comeback under the current rules.

Deepfried fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 3, 2017

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Deepfried fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 21, 2017

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

oliwan posted:

tbh the Dutch word for mongoloid is "mongool", which also means "Mongolian" so maybe the steward is from Mongolia and doesn't actually have downs

Finnish, of course he's going to rule in favour of Kimi.

Not sure how I feel about the decision tbh, Bottas definitely gained an advantage by leaving the track and retaining his position when Max was attacking him. I guess the "enduring advantage" they were crapping on about didn't apply since Max got him the next corner.

Anyway bring on next season, if the Mclaren chassis is as good as Alonso and others say it is I'm looking forward to seeing him up there fighting for podiums.

Deepfried fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Oct 23, 2017

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

Mac'n'Cheese is absolutely delicious. The homemade baked variety with the breadcrumb crust on top is best.

This guy gets it. Also that pinch of nutmeg in the bechamel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

gently caress what a finish to the V8s!

Scott McLaughlin only had to finish 11th for the title, started on pole.

hosed up speeding in pit lane and other various retard moves, dropped to 23rd.

Up to 13TH with 10 left, made the pass for 11th with 2 to go, then got a post race penalty for putting Lowndes into the wall defending his position on the last lap.

• Locked thread