Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Honda messed up by not including VTEC in their F1 engines IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

No one hates Lewis Hamilton because he's British.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPBrJ74C8I

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I hope COTA just gets Taylor to perform every year. :swoon:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CratSock posted:

Lewis: "More ladies in the paddock... more paddock access for women, there's too many dudes" :heysexy:

Lewis just wants to encourage more women to work in F1. What an enlightened man.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Is anyone watching this on Sky Q Ultra HD?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So Giovinazzi is stepping in for Wehrlein for the rest of the weekend.

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/845438475541233665

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

I read on Autosport that Honda is thinking about providing engines for other teams. LOLnda.

I think Formula 2 already has an engine supplier?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'm just impressed at how quickly he can get back on the power.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wuffles posted:

Am I the only one with a DVR and the patience to wait at least 30-45 min to start watching the race?

You'll miss out the camaraderie of chatting with goons on IRC. :)

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I can't wait to attend the USGP this year

https://twitter.com/circuitamericas/status/847101048846192643

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

"Hate" is pretty strong word. He was just pushed up too early because Verstappen was a red herring for super-young drivers daddy was a billionaire.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Probate all Lewis haters.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Is that Matt loving Damon as his character in the Great Wall movie?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis didn't want to show Mercedes' true pace by intentionally locking up to ruin his last sector. Clever.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tsaedje posted:

13-14kph down on the merc in the speed trap

Fastest sectors -9kph S1, -10kph S2, -7kph S3

Verstappen with a broken power unit was barely slower through the speed traps than the Hondas.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Suzuka 06 is imprinted in my mind

Didn't you call it Fuji a few days ago?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

keevo posted:

This article is saying that Fernando is trying to go for the Triple Crown so there's a huge chance we can see him do Le Mans.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/139540-the-key-to-alonso-s-indy-deal-stefan-wilson

Want to see Alonso team up with Big Juan at Le Mans.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Can't wait to see Sato reprise his pass of Alonso.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GramCracker posted:

I'm liking the variety of new thread titles.

10/10 - would vote for our resident mod again

Stop sucking up.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

Wow, gently caress Mercedes.

It was probably something casual like Lewis mentioning to Toto that Daytona seems like a fun race and Toto reminded him that Mercedes doesn't participate in NASCAR so he wouldn't be able to race even if he wanted to.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sure looks like Ferrari's upgrades this weekend are working well.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LMAO and he had to stick to VSC speed to get back to the track instead of being able to speed back.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

"Bottas isn't quite as quick as a driver who will go down as an all time great, therefore he is terrible" -- this thread.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

keevo posted:

Holy poo poo Lance Stroll is only 18? How much did this kid's dad have to pay Williams for that seat?

I remember hearing the number was around the mid 8 figures. That includes paying for Williams to do private test days for him in an old F1 car at tracks around the world.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

How do I watch F2 in the US is it on the NBC app?

Yeah last year they streamed the GP2 races live through their app. Not sure if they streamed qualifying or not.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Drive up the value of the company via unsustainable methods and then sell the company to somebody else before it blows up in your face? Sounds like he was just being a good businessman.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

daslog posted:

With Bottas on Pole, It's pretty clear that F1 today is much more about the car than the driver. I wish we could put Lance in the Mercedes to prove this theory.

Stroll would struggle to put a Mercedes into Q3.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

learnincurve posted:

I had an ex-boyfriend who wasted tens of thousands on eBay and dodgy dealer shitboxes with 130k+ miles on the clock, and would insist that it was how well the car was looked after not the mileage*, and say I was but a silly woman who knew nothing when I said he was a loving idiot to buy anything off eBay or that dodgy place down the road with more than 30k on the clock with no warrenties, and that I was one to talk as my glorious and outstanding classic ford had well over 130k on the clock so I was a hypocrite. Then the shitboxes would go bang within 4 miles of him picking it up. (No joke, four cars never made it home in less than a month).

*this is true, but you also have to know stuff like what a big end is and not be a gullible twat.

I had a friend whose husband also bought tons of crappy cars from eBay to fix up and sell. He ended up going insane and tried to commit suicide by cop.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

List of good looking 90s Japanese sportscars:

Honda NSX,
Subaru SVX,
Toyota MR2.

It was all downhill after that.

300ZX, Supra

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Also the Celica All Trac.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tony Montana posted:

This baby always had a special place in my heart. Is that the same as what the guy above said?

I was thinking of the older, early-90s model with the pop-up headlights.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

The 93 is sexy with the pop up lights

Yep that's the one.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

I actually think the FD suffers from the same problem the Supra does and if anything it's more pronounced. It's a phenomenal car but I think it's too over the top styling wise.

Man you're just making GBS threads all over the dream somewhat attainable cars of my childhood.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GramCracker posted:

Walks around it once, hops in, fires it up, dumps the clutch and is out. Are Senna is the best :allears:

Has a tendency to not turn left though.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Gigi Galli posted:

This looks like a low rent Enzo

Big Giovinazzi managed to be second fastest in testing today in the Ferrari, .696 seconds behind Hamilton. Hopefully this means he didn't lose all confidence when he pulled that moron move in China.

Can't wait to see Gio replace Kimi in the Ferrari next year.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

Maurizio also has a background in bussiness, marketing and PR but he wants to win.

Maurizio also spent his career marketing cancer sticks to kids. That kind of ruthlessness is required to win in F1.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Oh man that's terrible. :smith:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis is never going to have a kid. He's still not over Nicole and when he gets back with her she'll be too old to have kids.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Powershift posted:

The timeline works out.(ish)

I guess we won't know until the kid starts talking with a british accent.

or if the kid's first words are "hey man."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Devlin Defrancesco also donated £26k. Really heartwarming to see the racing community come together like this. Maybe we're not the worst after all?

• Locked thread