Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mexico GP looks like the most fun to attend from the TV perspective. Aside from being super loving rich and at Monaco I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is there any indication they can like fix the shaking thing or is the engine terminally hosed from a design standpoint? I remember reading pre-testing that they thought it was going to be fairly competitive and it making GBS threads itself in Spain seemed to have genuinely surprised them.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

Although Fernando Alonso complained about a lack of power on top of the reliability issues, Hasegawa insisted that the new engine is up on its 2016 performance figures.

However, he did concede that Honda had not hit the target it had hoped for.

"[Regarding] Alonso's power shortage and lack of speed compared with other cars, I do not know honestly. But I think that is our problem.

"We have not yet reached the target value we have established independently. But I cannot tell you the figures.

"I think that power is better than we had in Abu Dhabi last year, but the drag has increased. And as the tyres are wider, the driver may feel that the speed has dropped.

That is uh not a very encouraging response

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
A positive answer would have been something like 'We have been turning it down to try to help the shaking problem' not "And as the tyres are wider, the driver may feel that the speed has dropped". Fernando can look at a clock just like anyone else

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yes, like I said that is not very encouraging for McLaren for the entire season. It was possible (to me) that if they fixed the shaking then maybe the engine would be at least competitive but that doesn't sound like the case.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Merc baby wing looks like an IUD

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Honda is redesigning stuff to add power, hopes to have it by Monaco

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-planning-updated-f1-engine-885582/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Speaking of podcasts if anyone listened to Alt-F1 it has a new name and RSS feed so if you are subscribed to it they didn't stop doing it or anything.

https://www.f1.cool/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Red Bull B team looking pretty fast imo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Phwoar Seb

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This year is going to be good I'm feeling it fellas

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm hootin and hollaring on my coach at my dog about Lance Stroll binning it into the wall yet again

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lance didn't wreck it in earlier practices because he is a pro and knows to save it for the smallest amount of time before qualification

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

Well maybe they shouldnt put 18 years in these cars then!

Only the noble Dutch race has proven talented enough to provide us quality drivers at such a young age

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

Haas, average, K-mag average, Grossjean outstanding.

This is a man who managed to get a dog poo poo Lotus on the podium and then and got drunk with the bailiffs after.

Calling KMag average is extremely generous imo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

VodeAndreas posted:

As someone living in Melbourne yeah 5 hours 45 min until race start at the time of this post.

Heading to the track in 3 hours or so, I might try and pick up a Alonso hat because it will probably be my last chance.

By that logic you should also pick up a Lance Stroll hat

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Based on nothing I bet the German GP is back next year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought Malaysia was the one for sure dropping, not Singapore

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Singapore is cool and it will look loving terrifying onboard the cars this year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
MotoGP is extremely good right now btw

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

wicka posted:

I'm not looking forward to yet another season of trying to decide if I hate commercials more than I hate Sky's coverage.

I watched NBC for the first time and there were loving a lot of commercials. One time mid-race they came back from commercials, showed two laps, then took another ad break.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also the NBC bumper music is extremely bad

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I actually think they will probably have a much better engine by Monaco just because having a bunch of F1 drivers laughing about how poo poo the Honda engine is to the press hopefully will put some meaningful pressure on them. I haven't read anything that suggests there is a fatal design flaw that will prevent it from becoming competitive/reliable like there was in the previous version.

I also acknowledge that this is pretty optimistic and there is a good chance I will be hilariously wrong. Plus, even a better engine probably means Alonso is fighting with Massa/Force India for a handful of points each week instead of fighting for podiums.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
But she is also dead, so

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you saying Lewis is Trump and Nico........... Hilary?

Does that make Lauda Alex Jones?

Nico actually won though

Also this website says Audi/VAG is attending the planning meeting for the next engine type they are having Friday. The article has a bunch of talking about engine noise which surely won't trigger anyone.

http://en.f1i.com/news/263462-audi-attend-next-f1-engine-meeting.html

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lewis wanting to make a movie about himself owns

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Drink more water wicka

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Rosberg won because Hamilton's engine blew up. Saying he is lazy is all well and good but he lost like 40 something points from his car not working.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He lost in Malaysia when his engine blew up and swung like 20+ points to Rosberg.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want Pastor back

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pastor actually had some talent. The pay drivers this year are just dreadful.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Here is another cool Nico story: Nico's wife gives me the uncanny valley feeling and it is possible she is a robot.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What if Lewis Hamilton eclipses Schumacher's records to become the greatest driver of all time and then goes on to be the best rapper of all time? That sure would be something.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Piss drenched Kimi says 'I had to take a piss' on the radio once every race. TV ratings soar.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I love how you have to be an autistic Lewis Hamilton fan to think he would have won the WDC again if his car didn't break good poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That seems pretty weird after iirc Sauber was talking up how he was going to for sure be back for China

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is good news since reporting all these posts was getting exhausting

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
How much do reserve drivers even make? iirc Pascal is making like $150k so my guess is that the backups are in the high five figure range.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just like to think Jos Verstappen is a violent dickhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Everyone should watch MotoGP

• Locked thread